1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Come on man, people are whinging because the update might drop on the weekend which does not suit their weekend plans..

And ACC does not have major monthly updates. And that's OK.

1.0 - May
    1.1 - Oct
    1.2 - Dec
    1.3 - Feb
    1.4 - May
    1.5 - Jul
    1.6 - Nov
    1.7 - Feb

Theres whinging and then theres whinging..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke New Member

Well that works for baby's: cry, get a baby bottle.

3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if those who are forcing the devs have played every car that RaceRoom offers,many to do till the update drops.And it will...as promised.

4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

GearNazi: Casually checks pantry to ensure enough stock of popcorn... :whistle:

5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to make the ffb even more direct you could try increasing first the (tightness 0.9) and perhaps (min_force 0.05) also.
    Group A I agree felt great last time I checked, really hope they do no get tweaks in the next updates.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where do you increase the tightness? In AMS, the wheel software? what wheel are we talking about?

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. GearNazi

To me it feels pretty much spot on now, I will play with those parameters, see what it brings.
    It's so great to see the sheer potential of this sim, I can't thank you enough for the custom_ffb file, since there are dozens abound, and it's easy to get lost in that forest.
    I was already thinking the same thing; now that I've found this great feeling ffb, I hope they don't "ruin" it again! But I've faith in this particular custom file, as I do in Reiza to come to a really good default one, once more.

9. GearNazi

AndreiC is referring to the value of certain parameters in a custom_ffb file here, in particular "Heavy_Messing 2.5" by the venerable NuScorpii, which should be tried imo, by everybody on the current build.
    Oh, forgot... This is the t300 we're talking about, but should work nicely on other belt-wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

who’s whinging?
    I thought we were just making bets on timeline.
    Doesn’t matter when to me I will only get to try it when life allows.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Why do you repeatedly post in the open forum about what you have learned in the beta forum. It's becoming a habit. It's against the spirit of having a closed forum. If Reiza want teasers posted in the open forum they would do that. Are you actually flexing?

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think trying to spread a bit of positive attitude is a good thing when everyone is whining. If that really hurts your feelings here you go. Post canceled. Gotta be happy now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AndreiC

Yes I also tried other ffb files, actually played and tweaked for days the Silver Raw file, but even though some find it as an improvement over the NuScorpii, for me just isn't better.
    I played today with the Porsche 911 GT3 and used a setup from TT used by The Nemesis 69(edit on Imola 2018) and in custom ffb file I increased more the tightness (tightness 1.1) feels amazing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

My feelings, lol! :rolleyes:o_O Spreading positive attitude is fine, sure you'll still manage to do that without cross posting from Reiza 51. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I hope the people giving my last a post a dislike is because inside info suggests the update will be before Sunday and not because I would rather wait for an update that doesn't break the game... Geeez.

16. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can tell that's the end of the month from usual arguments about the upcoming release. Some people are like werewolves that are raging during full moon.

Time to restock on silver bullets :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is more FFB update coming to address the "too-light" feeling at centre that the last update caused! However, the current FFB is better in several important ways than the past, so once the centre-lightness is addressed, I think it will be considered a step forward by most. And a step closer to not needing custom files for most people. However, it is great that we can use custom for whatever reason if the Default doesn't work well or is not preferred.

This gets a bit frustrating, but I still credit Reiza for the continuous improvement. The FFB comes from the physics, so when they make a bunch of changes to tires especially, it makes sense that some cars feel better and some worse in terms of FFB. The latest changes will also be an opportunity to revisit our sliders. They will work more logically, so don't hesitate to bumps some things up and down a bit if you don't like what you feel.

Some know I have written a bunch about FFB in the past and am an incessant fiddler/perfectionist. This is only the second time in the history of AMS 2 (the upcoming update) that I have "permanently" changed my FFB settings to accommodate changes in the game. I hope others will find it a nice improvement, too.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

the gap between the custom files and default has been closing for a while, so expect that to be the case here too. The main benefit of custom is the ability to split and tune certain effects to taste which the current in game sliders don’t accommodate much.

• Like Like x 1
  19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

what wheel based do you have?

20. AndreiC

I use the T300Rs -you can see it in the previous post in the attached files- so probably the file and the settings i use only work for belt driven wheels from Thrustmaster. Anyway the file modified by me is actually the "detailed" from NuScorpii Heavy Messing Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations