1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

BIG THANX Reiza for all your work! this goes out to the whole team! :hurrayreiza:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

bus stop yay !!! :)

3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

True... But luckily there's a remedy! ACC 3 times a day before meals... Those AI will send you on an intercontinental flight to the shadow realm, merely by looking at your rear bumper!

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

This is a GLORY Sunday, with this release I can really start the next week with infinite excitement. Racing every day, on that classic SPA with those Group C cars. Big THANKS to you Reiza, what a monstrous hard working team. And please I insist on the AUDIO department, the level is still in the standard. You need to make a new sound samples for all car engines/turbos/gearbox...
    And to be honest about that Madness Engine, I was really disappointed when SMS created such a beautiful graphic engine, and left the physics behind (what a waste of talent), it felt an incomplete Simulator/Project with PC1, PC2 and the really awful PC3. But when I saw Automobilista 2 run on Madness Engine, I thought this the opportunity to make a complete game, And it is happening right now thanks to you Reiza.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spa 1993 was my first F1 race that i went to see at the track. Thanks, i am 15 again

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just drove the Sauber C9 at the nordschleife. Nice combo!
    Thanks Reiza for all the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GearNazi

Spa 1993: Race pace for me = 2:08 with the Sauber, 2:11/12 with the Porsche. The C9 feels like it has lots more torque to make gains on the straights, though I'm having an easier time with the 962's handling... It feels less eager to wanna kill me outright. It's a tough choice, time will tell. Amazingly fun and weighty through corners, daring you to find the limit in high-speed corners and really make use of all that aero. They feel nice and difficult in chicanes and hairpins, as they should. :)
    :hurrayreiza:

8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the Impression the C9 is 2-3 seconds faster per lap than the 962. Will need to try more tracks though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Fantastic, really like the improvements you're making each month to AI racing, getting closer and closer to the holy grail of raceable multiclass AI (I'm not being facetious there, it's justifiably one of the hardest things for any AI to get right, along with dry/wet transition).

Group C and Spa are very welcome additions, the new version is great with the GT1s too, although I'm going to look a gift horse in the mouth and hope those classes may still expand further one day.

Can't wait for the next blog :)

TBH, that sounds about right IMO. Anyone know if the C9 is in high or low downforce trim?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

hey, wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction.

This feature was added today:
    Added function to set different presets of rubber depending on type of session (making option available to player will soon follow)

How do i actually access this? this is my biggest complaint about AMS2, at the moment it feels like PCars2 and not really any different. The ability to have actual rubber on the track instead of the usual "all over the place skidmarks" which SMS have on their games is kinda a must for a sim.

Rf2 is the only game to have such a top class system in place, all over current driving sims have the same basic texture based layer script. Im really hoping AMS2 can developing something similar to RF2s "real road" system.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. GearNazi

Yep....Sub-8 minutes on Nords 24H in the C9, above the 8 minute mark with the Porsche(In a race...). The C9 tops out @ 320kph, Didn't pay enough attention to see where the 962 clocks in. I suspect the C9 is just faster in a "drag-race", it has more "down-low".
    On a side note: ABS and TC are officially dead to me now...:p

12. JoL

JoL Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza for bringing back the good old tracks one by one...:hurrayreiza: You guys are doing an awesome job!

With the classic "Bus Stop" Spa feels soooo much better. I only have one little question about the 1993 layout: I raced there the first time back in 1995 and 1996, and I am pretty sure, the wide runoff and gravel trap was not there at Blanchimont and especially not at the first lefthand kink just before Blanchimont. I may be wrong, but I think that wide gravel trap came around 1998?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ilka

ilka Moderator

Do you refer to visual or physical groove & skidmarks? Because our (and in fact SMS's) livetrack has rubbered fast line from day 1, and it's dynamic. Both visual and physical.
    We've added some pre-textured skidmarks just to make tracks not looking like freshly paved never-driven-on tarmac every time you load the track, and also to have more fidelity in the textures. Currently those "art" skidmarks don't change their appearance (but during the track's rubbering with livetrack you see groove/fast line getting darker/brighter (when drying), sand brought to the track from gravel traps etc.
    But also those "art" skidmarks are not objects placed over the track, they are part of road shader. So at some point we'll probably enable some dynamic appearance to them, like we did in ams1. This is lower priority task for now, so not sure when will that happen. But again, all the dynamic rubbering is there, and was there from the beginning.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think he meant the ability to manually select the rubber level on a session, like rf2. I understand this has been implemented under the rood so the player will be able to select it at a latter point?

• Like Like x 2
  15. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

rFactor 2 uses a very obvious dark texture for the rubbered part of the track that looks very unnatural. Never have I seen a continuous dark rubber line forming on any track in real life... it's usually a collection of skidmarks that start to form on the braking zones and corners, and a very subtle darkening around those areas, but never a continuous "carpet" like on rFactor 2 (on older tracks, the ones using the latest shaders are much better).

ACC and AMS2 do a more natural job with the way the track rubbering progresses. It's not as obvious, but more realistic, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not at my computer right now, but is the stalling on certain Open wheels still happening where the auto-clutch was failing?

17. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

perfect, thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In changelog is written that DOF was eliminated in VR at all Grade A tracks.
    Which tracks are grade A? Not Spa?
    I tried replay on Spa for example but the trackside cams didn’t work there in VR. There’s only one camera at start-finish-straight...
    Is this normal?

19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You don't, because while the functionality is there, it is not available to the player yet - which means, you cannot access it.

20. sk8

sk8 Member

Loving the new ffb and physics updates and the team worked late on a Sunday to bring us this! :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2