1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Group C is amazing,best feeling cars yet. Now, would you PLEASE add an icon in the multiplayer server ui that shows when a server is open to join or closed. I'm sick of clicking on a server in practice then being unable to join. Sometimes you can join in Q. Sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can join mid practice. Sometimes you can't. Raceroom makes it obvious by highlighting the server in red if it's closed. Do something like that.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Seriphyn

Seriphyn New Member AMS2 Club Member

Using the new fuel usage multiplier feature, if a race cannot be completed on one tank based on the race length including on the multiplier (i.e. 1hr x 5), the default fuel levels is unchanged from what it would take to complete that race, WITHOUT the multiplier being taken into account. This means that sometimes there will only be enough for 1 or 2 laps, for both the player and the AI.

However, even with the the fuel usage multiplier on 5x, if the race is something that can be completed on one tank (such as a 10 or 15m race), then the fuel level is adjusted and the AI will not pit for fuel.

Please fix this! It makes the feature unplayable for the moment.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow!! Group C cars are simply amazing and the new Spa is really good too!!
    I can't believe that we've got 1 more slider for FFB (not sure what damping is supposed to do, but I can't wait until we have a engine vibration FX and scrubbing FX dedicated sliders!! :)

Please don't forget to add the ability to save the seat angle per car (up/down) along with forward/backward/update/down you already do save!

Keep up the good work! Once the multi-player gets sorted out this sim will become unstoppable!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did not see anything in the build notes about adding a fuel multiplier? Is this for single player mode?

5. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. Single player you adjust it under the "realism" menu in options (not in the race setup screen, which is a bit odd). It's also available when setting up multiplayer servers.

6. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, the new AI is now so good to drive against - they go for the inside if open or try their chances on the outside. They're no longer stuck too much in multiclass racing behind slower class like they used to. Yes, they can lose some time behind slower cars, but that's normal during races. I'm no longer overtaking both cars now with ease - planning is essential.
    Sunset at old Spa after the rain was just visually sensational, and all that without any stuttering or issues on VR.
    Wow, thank you Reiza for such amazing experience. Absolutely superb fun.

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I have all day tomorrow to enjoy this, what perfect timing.

Thank you Reiza for all of the continued hard work. Whilst there’s still more to come I can’t express the joy that the evolution of this game has given me during some truly **** months.

Putting on my VR headset, leaving RL behind and hooning around for a few hours has been absolutely immense, thank you.

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

I still can't seem to get a good feeling with my ts300... Any help?

9. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I never really got Spa-Francorchamps.

I mean, I could drive there, sure, but I never quite knew why so many considered the track to be as special as they did.

But I didn't watch races on Spa 'till '07, '08 - I never knew any layout except for the one we currently have, with big asphalt lakes and the new Bus Stop.

Having just driven the Formula V12 on the '93 version: I get it.
    Thanks, Reiza, for making this possible.

• Like Like x 9
  11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Alright... I'm missing something painfully obvious here. Tried to select "Multi-Class" under "Opponent Settings", but it's greyed out?! Anyone? What am I missing? Never had this issue before...
    Ok, figured it out, some fiddling with the opponent numbers. Probably late night brain-fart type stuff going on here friends!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome, now we just need to be able to do the same with tyre wear!

13. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

You can :)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Congratulations Reiza. This looks (watching the videos) like a huge update. And a great one too, physics look much improved and I see much less (from the few videos I watched) project cars2 behaviour. Top stuff. And how lovely to see my old Spa again.
    I am just watching and I don't have really an opinion on it. I am watching gamermuscle and he keeps saying there still is very little or none lift off oversteer. Now I also don't see many. What are your opinion on it people? But again you people at Reiza (and those that are helping them) are great people. You can be proud.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Damping slider has been in game for quite a while now ?

The new FFb is really good . i just wish there was a slider to reduce the amount of self alignment pull coming from torque steer.
    it exaggerated i feel and tricky to correct.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

If only there was a guy who could fiddle with a file, to make this happen...
    I said: IF ONLY...!! Nah, everybody knows it's NuScorpii, among others who will continue to tinker with this.
    I'm quite liking the default now, found it to work better for me than the Heavy_Messing 2.5 I used on the previous build, but that's how it goes. It usually alternates; This build it's default ffb, next one back to custom!

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't believe in the Force? (otherwise called Mind-punting)... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Won’t save data comes up, lost wheel settings, pedal settings, now is auto leave pits, lost manual car start, hardly any ffb, every page comes up that it can’t save the data.

19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Heavy messing is a old file now, i’m not aware of it being updated recently. unless you are meaning Silver Raw . which is fully functional within current physics.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think AMS2 is currently on the low side of off-throttle oversteer in the scenario of all sims. HOWEVER, there is a an amount of cars that actually can get it if people just cared to fiddle a bit with the diff settings.
    Stupid example: was racing yesterday at suzuka in Porsche GT1 and practice was at night as was race and quali during the day. For the quali I increased the coast ramp and it was fine with just a hint of oversteer in the esses when off-throttle but at night during the race those two clicks made it way too oversteering, the car was literally jumping onto the inside kerb as soon as I lifted. Similar things happen on that car in different tracks. And it's not the only one.
    It is for sure not very prominent right now in AMS2 and in some cars it cannot be achieved at all for the reasons we know, but insisting on only driving baseline setup irrespective of track conditions and actual track layout while complaining isn't very smart IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1