1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Must be something wrong...most of us are delighted with the FFB and I am also someone who doesn't like the extreme forces that the SuperV8 and a few other cars exhibit. Those were toned-down, not up, in this release.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Marc Collins

You have too little Damping (in-game) or LFB or both if that is happening...but you found a great replicable test to use for making the proper adjustments!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone explain to me the altering of the crankshaft mass for formula cars? Steelcast27 did a video about the update about how this was instrumental to the differential problems with the formula cars.

4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The difference in opinion regarding AMS 2 is quite startling. Some people say they can floor the accelerator and not have any sense of wheelspin when driving, and others say that their car fishtails if they so much as look at the throttle. I've read as many comments saying the FFB is dreadful as I have that it's wonderful. It's a head-scratcher as to why players are experiencing such extremes.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Marc Collins

Settings; hardware; experience.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Scraper

Then I suggest that Reiza needs to provide more information and guidance in the UI, not this forum, to help their less experienced customers enjoy their purchase to the full. Unfortunately, a "sink or swim" approach to finding the right settings seems to be the simracing industry standard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. I think it's going to affect the folks with DD wheels like us more than the lower powered wheels though. I think the FFB is in a better place than its ever been, but I have to turn my power down on the wheel or really crank up the dampening in sim as well as outside the sim to reduce that effect.

It's just really hard to be precise with the FFB in this title. It's gotten better, but I'm always late on my turn-in points and constantly plowing various cars wide of the apex. Give it a bit of throttle to try and rotate and you get what we used to call the pendulum effect on exit. It's better than its ever been but i'm so much less precise with this title than any other.

My settings:
    LFB=3
    Fx=0
    Dampening=100

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At least with FFB I can understand that there are widely different expectations. Some people want to feel road bumps and engine rumbling for immersion, others want highly detailed forces to assist driving even if it's not realistic at all, others want an exact replica of some other sim they like, yet others a realistic reproduction of their own track day experience. Also, I think the default profile is tuned for a specific wheelbase and it doesn't work very well on some others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Scraper

Naturally. I do sympathise with developers who have to accommodate different expectations from customers. But there should be at least some basic guidance in the UI: "DD wheels should not require more than 10-15% LFB", "Watch out for clipping", etc.. At present, all sims, including AMS2, offer virtually no help with this fundamental aspect of simracing. I'd better shut up before I derail this thread. :)

10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am also feeling this at times.. I have not made up my mind if I like it or not.

I had a couple of odd FFB drop outs in the Porsche GT1 going down the straight at Bathurst. It's weirdo when it happens however it all comes back online pretty quickly.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

That's in the patch notes isn't it? If FFB drops out FFB will reset at such rate the player shouldn't notice or something?? I'll find the note if I can and post it here. When I read it I thought about your report coming because I was wondering how well this new system would work.

That was easy
    "
    Introduced routine to reset FFB in case of FFB loss (game detects the loss and reset FFB automatically, should be seamless for player)
    "

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coanda

Thanks mate, I noticed this one too.. I presumed this was for something I mentioned in the last build whereby I briefly rubbed tyres with one of the Ai and the FFB completely turned off, which could be an issue mid race as it would not switch back on after the event.

The brief FFB cuts I noticed tonight I haven't seen before as there was nothing particular happening. I was only driving straight. I'll keep a further eye on it..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

No need for the sarcasm , as I said I've not reported as a bug or anything . Forum elitists pah !

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Coanda

I noticed when you run multi class the custom grid position is by class and not outright position. Is this by design..? Will there be an option to choose the exact position for this scenario..?

ams2_custom_grid_pos.jpg

15. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

The last Heavy Messing version is still 2.5, isn't it?

16. Coanda

Has the Ai on 93 Spa been calibrated..?

17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Next, dirt windshild and visors?
    Do not forget to add windscreen washer fluid...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

No sarcasm whatsoever. Those are the two things to check first, since you can read that others are not experiencing what you are....in some cases the opposite. Sorry for trying to help!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  20. ElDiablo

ElDiablo New Member

First of all, great job reiza!

If I may ask, suggestions for a G27 FF custom profile? I've tried "silver raw", feels good but even with 80% gain, its still quite light (standard G27, just modded wityh bigger wheel). Thanks.