1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Silver Raw wants you to run medium gain (40-60%) but high LFB (70% and above).

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But actually it IS possible to enter Time Trial with the Group C cars.
    I just did it.:D
    But the revenge from Reiza if you does it is that your laps are only listed as long as you are inside the TT session.:confused:
    When you exit Reiza proudly refuse to upload your world record.
    Probably with a grin.:mad:
    As example I sat a world record that probably never will get beaten :rolleyes: (pic) - but Im unable to prove it.
    I should have taken a screen dump - dammit.:mad::mad:

ByTheWay: Hehe there are mandatory the same 2 guys who dislike everything I post.
    Even when I praise Raiza overly fulsome without any sarcasm.:p
    I thought Laurel and Hardy were dead long time ago.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No TT-but.jpg

EDIT: Only one? Where is Hardy? - the less goofy one :p:p:p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thanks for the answer.
    This is not the first time I heard people talking about the differential. The same was the case in Project Cars2.
    It seems too complicated to get right. Maybe it is not intuitive enough to set up.
    And probably there is still something underneath at the diff that is not working right (that is speculation).
    In some instances, the cars still seem a little too floaty and a little too much on the edge (but only just).
    The biggest thing I see is that multiplayer is not good enough now (watch gamermuscle stream yesterday and it is not a good look; not that I watch much at that stream).
    Also, the collision models and physics are wrong as well, with cars acting like scoops or bouncing off each other like they have no weight or very weirdly (add with this the netcode and some silly things happen). This will be pretty hard to fix I think.
    But it is clear they are on the right track and deserve all the credit for working and doing the right things.

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The one thing I can say to help is that there are some streamers and youtubers that already put on YT and twitch both car setups and guides to build your own. Plus you can take setups from the time trials and see which ones suit you better for a given car. This will help figuring out what settings do by comparing them. I understand many people don't have the time to learn on their own by trial and error but I think all of the above tools should help finding a decent spot for your car to feel close to the way you like it and debunking some superficial news on Madness Engine this and that...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the 2 new german cars. Can i bitch and moan about what i want now? Yes you can!

Oke pretty please with loads of sugar
    Lola T92/10 would be Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You can keep the lift off oversteer setting quite simple - by raising the coast value if you want more LO oversteer and lower it if you want less.
    OK?:D

ByTheWay: Setting up a car dont have to be rocket science - you know:)

7. Split Second

I wish I could join you guys. But sadly I don't have the money now for a wheel and don't have the space to set it up. But I certainly hope Reiza succeeds. That's why I try to give feedback to what I see. But they are definitely on the right track.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ettore

I find them ok... On 2nd gear you may want to short shift though. I was actually expecting people to say that they are too tamed on throttle expecting these cars to be a riot while it's not the case actually

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I briefly used a vintage formula car, can’t remember which, but I’d describe it as a F5000 with its big wing.

anyway, I couldn’t feel the front tyres much at all and was struggling to keep it on black stuff through corner driving slower than normal as I had no sense of front loading.
    But I could feel what the rear axle was doing just fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ettore

Having very high or very low mass (and inertia) in surrounding mechanical elements may make the differential work in an awkward way (apparently according to Reiza the driveline elements were the culprits for the issues, not the diff calculations per se). So when you see them modifying these elements mass or rotational inertia it is to improve the efficacy of the diff (among other things)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Split Second

I think in such vintage formula cars you can feel those floaty feelings the best.
    I don't know if it has something to do with the suspension (I have always thought there is something wrong in that department).
    And that is why you have no sense of front-loading imo.
    The suspension is acting too extreme imo, and this causes grip issues as well.

12. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I read comments and feel I'm playing a different game after every update. I get nothing but joy from AMS2. Each new car a different challenge and unique learning curve to drive and become competitive. Always excited for what's new. Able to get the FFB I desire from the default. Battling the AI without incident. High graphics settings on an average PC. Very appreciative of this great SIM.

Obviously I don't know what these cars feel like in RL but I did drive a Nascar at a lifetime experience event in Vegas and that car drove itself with very little road feel, wheel input, sense of speed (at 170mph), etc. So in some respects I'm glad SIMs don't necessarily match RL.

I come here to learn from more experienced sim racers so for those of you focused on what's right and/or providing info on settings to make it right I thank you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

I have the G29, and have really been enjoying the newest V51 FFB file from Karsten (I only changed the tighten range value, attached below). In game I have Gain set to 75, LFB 50, FX 50 and Damping to 10. This is the best I have ever gotten FFB to feel in a sim, so I hope it also works well for others! Let me know.

Attached Files:

14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Yes, I'm around 2 secs slower with the Porsche at Spa '93. The Sauber is harder to tame, torque is brutal, but acceleration and speed made the difference to me. The Porsche is easier and more predictable, but both cars were a lot of fun to drive around Spa.

I noticed both cars very controllable under acceleration. The Porsche is easier under throotle tbh.

I have problems tough accelerating out of the Spa'93 bus stop chicane into the second chicane before the main straight. It's more pronounced with the Sauber, but sometimes it happens with the Porsche too.

Even gradual throotle inputs in second gear makes the rears spin easily so you go side to side with the wheel trying to correct and eventually loose control of the car. But I have that problem only on that part of the track, so I think it's how I drive out of there, or I have to change some value on the default setup of the car to tame it.

I can't point to a physics or setup problem, I think it's me overdriving the car TBH.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Aussie classic touring car just right for AMS2.. I was lucky enough to drive this at Calder Park.. :cool:

92/93 Ford Falcon EB

#moreaussieV8'spls
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yeah, very tricky that one, assuming you're entering the bus stop in 2nd gear, go very easy on the throttle once you're sorta' straightened out, then short-shift to 3rd right before that last right-left onto S/F.
    There's a lot to do in that moment, and it's easy to get wrong. Though, no matter what you do, the AI seem to have an easier time with it, and always find perfect traction. Turn one is a doozy too; they will get a run on you, I always seem to loose the guys ahead there. I can still get a consistent 2:08 out of the C9, so apparantly one can make up for lost time on the rest of this beautiful track.

17. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

The merc might have enough torque to carry that chicane in 3rd, definitely have to play around with it some more!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ettore

That is the place where on baseline setup you need to short shift to 3rd before the second part of the chicane (at least that is what I do to keep the car steady). Probably with some suspensions tuning it could be taken out. Need more testing.

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I did say that a couple of times now. I expected boost to want to kill me through to 3rd but instead I can floor it quite controllably at 100% boost. I do enjoy the Sauber very much though....and Porsche.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ElDiablo

ElDiablo New Member

Thanks a lot, i can feel the rear end much better now! (tested with m3 e30 and mercedes).

P.S.
    Sorry for offtopic, just noticed i wrote in wrong section.

• Like Like x 1