1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

...I hate to be pedantic, but you drove this Jaguar in Project Cars 2 (the XJR-9 & XJR-9 LM) - plus it's a random excuse for me to post a Group C video and I'm a big fan of these cars :)

The XJR-14's a later car using the 3.5 litre V8 rules, as opposed to the 9's screaming 7L V12.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Since you showed me yours you might as well see mine..

My new non NDP settings for a 320mm rim. Testing on GrC, GT1, GT3.

ams2_ffb_v1.2.3.jpg
    ams2_ffb_2_v1.2.3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely true. If you look at videos from the 90s when camera stabilization was almost null you can see even the difference between passively suspended cars and active suspensions cars in terms of shaking. It's very popular the 1992 F1 South African GP. You can watch the difference between Senna's onboard and Mansell's onboard footage from the YouTube video. Crazy how Mansell was sitting on a sofa vs Senna's car shaking all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Reiza:
    Is it possible to get some cones at the entry of Bus-Stop chicane as it was at the 1993 Belgium F1 GrandPrix? Just for a better visibility of apex...
    On some straights there were also some letterings on road, i.e. between Rivage and Pouhon.
    spa93.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  5. Coanda

... and the MP4/8 too.. :p:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Is it worth it when they will be thrown aside after the first lap every time? Neither we nor the AI are at the skill levels of the real F1 drivers to miss them while just squeezing through :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some start lights for the modern version of Spa I think are much more a priority :)!

8. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

My settings are very similar, only difference is I use NDP at 25 instead of friction as I think it feels more natural - remember friction is also dampening! I've also reduced FEI to 80 as again I don't feel I lose anything and it feels more natural to me.
    In game i use 40 force, 0 LFB, 40 effects and 40 damper, I might make some changes to in game settings as it feels a bit different in 1.1.2.3.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coanda

I too use to use more NDP with only 0-10% friction however this is my experiment with turning off all fanatec damping as per Reizas suggestion. FEI I generally use 80 or 90 as well however with this new FFB update and I also reduced LFB by 10% I could get away with 100. Just. 90 is probably what I will use for most cars though..

I also wondered about friction screwing with the in game damping signal. I hope Rezia set the record straight as to what was recommended is a little open to interpretation..

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Those Jag videos (drooling) loving me the current Group C and a fuller grid would be a dream.
    But imagine like in the first video if we got Monza! Then we could get GT3 and Monza servers full in MP and no one would have to drive anything else :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd be happy with some fictional Group Cs for now - most of the F1s are made up, to spec, and they are great, especially once the livery artists are let loose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok so if anyone was like me trying to change the "Steering sensitivity" in game and used the mouse to set any other value and when exiting the menu the value always reseted back to default. You can actually use the arrow keys on the keyboard to do adjustments and when you exit the new values are saved.
    Such an annoying bug, took me months to find this.

Attached Files:

• aaa.jpg
      aaa.jpg
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Fernando Goncalves

Fernando Goncalves New Member

Bonjour pour quand des championnats que l'on peut crée de A à Z ?

14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A camera bounciness is very different from an eye that tracks in real-time, dampened by neck muscles... The car will remain bouncy (as per my motion rig), but my neck and eyes, will absorb most of bouncing since your eyes will always remained fix on the target.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Anyone experiencing issues with their wheels with this release? Oddly my G923 wheel which is supposed to get better support with this release quit working when I installed the release. By quit working, specifically the steering no longer registers and does not work. Buttons and paddles do but turning the wheel does nothing. Cannot manually assign the wheel either since the program does not register the input. This is Automobilista 2 on steam, fully updated drivers and restarts and reboots, still no cigar.

16. audio.pizarro

audio.pizarro New Member

Thanks for giving some hope that the Logitech G923 can be used soon. But it's not ready yet. I plugged it in, it's recognized by the game, chose the preset, calibrated, started to drive, rev lights work now. But the rest doesn't. It works the same way as before where I chose the G29 preset or "custom wheel". It never fits the wheel rotation angle in any car. Maybe you can calibrate it wrong and get it to work for one car, but that's not accurate. There's also no setting for TrueForce and in my test, I didn't feel any of it, just some low FFB. So I think implementaion of this wheels software is not complete. So I'm back again on my G29 and I love it, FFB feels great in this game, but my new G923 is collecting dust.

17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Did both of you tried to delete the AMS 2 folder in documents and start from scratch?
    Did it not work?

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

It has been mentioned in beta about cones/barrier on the straight to prevent bypass of chicane. My assumption/hope would be in future update it will come with maybe the ones you mention/show on chicane to match.
    In the vid below in the group C both are clearly visible.
    What I am more curious about is:
    What happened between 1985 in video and 1993 AMS2 track, specifically the extensive barriers around the track leading up to the Bus stop?If the video date is correct, then were they removed and replaced by sand trap to increase safety?
    Personally I'm glad there not in AMS2 this track as they tend to "glue/stick to" open wheelers even on straights its seems very hard to steer away from them

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Turtle

Turtle New Member

@Dady Cairo, no, I have not tried that but I will do that as my next step and post back. thx

20. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

If you look at this video you can see that the bounciness is less than in the sim. It still doesn't seem right imo. It is hard to say why.
    Also, one thing that I still see much in this sim and I saw that in Project Cars 2 very much and also in group c and other cars is that there seems to be a greater tendency for one side on the front to lift up more in a corner (far too much) and to much wiggling from left to right from the cars.
    For both look here

The grip levels also need to be finetuned, now it is too much on the edge if you are not driving to the limit.