Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

When you downshift without or insufficient autoblip/manual blip, the rpm differences from the low turning engine in relation to the lower gear, you've applied will cause the rear wheels to lock or underrotate.

You can actually use this to an advantage, by stressing the car a bit more in exchange for manipulating turn-in.
    Uploading a run at Suzuka with the 962C right now, so you can watch by yourself, if it looks floaty here. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Will you post it here? Or must I look at youtube?

3. CrimsonEminence

@Split Second
    Here we go:

Does this REALLY look floaty to you?
    I'm even at higher boost from the turbo.
    I think, the car might even have a bit too much grip, sometimes, tbh.

One Replay-Lap, one sloppy cockpit lap, one less sloppy, but still sloppy cockpit lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks matey, I already have an understanding of this.. My thoughts were elsewhere when I read shift-lock..

Do you think it should it grab gears so easily without blips...?

5. CrimsonEminence

Do you mean "grab gears" in terms of getting the gear applied in the first place? You will apply the gear for sure. But you will cause your wheels to underrotate or lock and encourage lockups, when not blipping. I definetly experienced this several times right now.

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah..

AMS2 you can rapid change down 6,5,4,3,2,1 with no blips and all gears engage at any RPM.. I hate to make the comparison however what choice do I have.. Lets just say the "competition tittle" won't allow you to do that. As a test it wont engage a gear if you have not blipped correctly and rev matched whilst lets say you are rolling along somewhere between 3-5k RPM...

Question is which is correct..?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  7. Split Second

Thanks for the video. Like I have said before. When you see the replays of the cars I don't see many issues. But as soon as you are in the cockpit I begin to see that floatiness. Not extreme in this car but it is there. But I never said it was great in this car. Sadly due to the FOV you don't see much of the cockpit and see the behavior of the car less. But look at 3:33 and 5:24 how the car reacts to the kerb just taken. Your car bounces left front with a lot of oscillations which also leads to the strange behaviour rightly thereafter which even leads to more floatiness. You seem to be gliding on the surface there correcting. Also look at 3:52 and 4:15 how the car is loaded, which is to much imo.

8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Split Second

Also when I look at it more. The reason for the floatiness looks like a combination of things. The camera is not good for it. And when you start zigzagging at 3:34 that is also where I get that floatiness. And some other cars zig zag even more (that's why I see it even more in the opala)(although you can induce that in any car) and there is where the disconnect with the surface is great. And not in this video. But in others when you extremely understeer or oversteer. Then the illusions also break imo.

10. CrimsonEminence

With a sequential gearbox, you should be able to apply the gear blipless safely, but it will give you locking rear tires. I never encountered it in any sim, that you aren't able to apply a lower gear with sequential gearbox, without blipping. Can't imagine, that you definetly can't apply a gear without revmatching on the sequential gearbox, but maybe i'm wrong. H-Shifter is another thing, of course.

In both cases it was wheelspin...it would also have happened without any kerb. The bouncing feels pretty normal and wasn't the reason. It could be cured by stiffer damper rebound probably.

I felt the whole time what happened. No gliding, no loss of "connection", communication by the car and possibilities for proactive actions. And here is one of the reasons, why just by watching videos, you can't make any assumptions.
    These are high downforce corners o_O (Btw. i could've also gone over the limits there and provocate power-on-oversteer, there was still time left)

Okay, sorry, but i can't follow you at all anymore...do you really expect a Gr.C car at 98% turbo boost to stay stable out of non-downforce sections? I was managing the car by throttle and steering, you can also tankslap it...

11. CrimsonEminence

Okay, know the name, but very strange, i don't expect him to intentionally wreck you, maybe you might edit the name out btw, was maybe not the most brilliant idea to ask for it here. :D'

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fizzy

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  13. Fizzy

Serious question: Why not mention his name? If it was a genuine accident, fair enough, but if he is doing this, I don't see an issue with naming him.

EDIT: If you really want me to remove the name I will (you were kind enough to give me the video, and I will gladly respect your wishes), but I think the videos speak for themselves.

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Off-topic:
    Had some guy week or two as well. But he was also cheating. Teleporting from middle pack, to third place, to first place, then suddenly when I told the lobby he cheated he backed off and began again ramming people. etc Wrecking people, etc etc. Wish there was a report-button and a way to upload the replay. These people need their AMS 2-license revoked. Paul Cox is my judge and some others. :p

Btw no name and shaming here.

15. Split Second

Those oscillations I don't see that in any group c car footage in real life. And sadly due to the fov you can't see it well here. How one side in the front of the car lifts up more bounces and oscillates. I seldom see that in real-life race cars (i could always be wrong) and I don't see it in any other sim besides PC2. I don't dispute that you felt everything. But that doesn't make it so that there isn't a disconnect. And I think the camera is certainly not helping, because you don't see it in the replay.
    You say about these non-downforce sections. Have you see this behaviour in real life in group c cars and do you have footage of that (like I said I can be wrong, but I haven't seen it in real life)? Great cars by the way. I remember watching those group c cars when I was little at Spa. Great stuff.

16. CrimsonEminence

Because name and shame is not so good, my bad for even asking, i will discuss this in our event-discord, though, because this definetly looks intentional. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Fizzy

Seriously, if after watching those videos, anyone wants me to remove the name for a valid reason, I'm happy to. I can't see a problem with it though. He spoiled mine and someone else's afternoon on purpose.

18. CrimsonEminence

You are now trying to tell me, you felt better, what i was feeling on the wheel, than me, actually being on the wheel? Okay. ;)
    Probably because you can have a better setup and probably because every sim has its quirks, things might look different in real life. In AMS2, it bounces more, in AC Kerbs are killing your car, in AMS1 Kerbs become slippy in R3E Kerbs are often hardly affecting anything...things are NOT real life :p

Look at the drivers helmet. XJR-14, but still Gr.C... 6:19...camera has an influence, like you've said.

This matter will be discussed definetly, but i don't think, this is the right thread for discussing incidents. You are completely right, that this is not tolerable, though.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  19. Fizzy

You are right, I apologise to everyone for the thread hijack (although I’ve seen much worse ;)).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Split Second

That is just what I am not saying. I don't say you don't know or haven't felt the car. I say that if you look at the car it looks like floating (or however you call it) in those instances.
    It is funny you show this footage because here is a non downforce corner (chicane) and I don't see any problem laying down the power or the car doing anything strange. And yes I agree that the camera is a big problem.