1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Fitting commentary
    RIP Mr Walker :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

After doing a whole heap of back to backs last night it is clear to me I prefer my time in AMS2 even with its problems, even if somethings stand out (in a good way) in other Sims, AMS2 has something special.

I don't care to comment anymore on this...instead I will just wait to see what Renato does with the grip and aero in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just read the news, very sad to hear, he was so infectious, never heard it read anyone have a bad word to say about him

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tested again the Gr.C in Spa, Silverstone and Adelaide. I confirm they are undrivable on wet asphalt: it will wiggle even in 4th with wets. On slick tires you can't touch the gas at all, on wets it does slide everywhere in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and you need to be cautious with the gas.
    I also confirm my report from the Beta where I stated that something is wrong with the intermediate on the GT1s cause even in thunderstorm they are almighty. No wheelspin whatsoever and the steering wheel is very heavy which should not happen on wet. Dry, Intermediate and Wet are working comparatively weird in severely wet conditions on those cars.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Posted with no comment other than phone in right hand, shifting with H pattern and steering with left on slicks in rain at Spa full boost Porsche 962C

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

...must have got lost in the post..

I regularly drive and it's a lot of fun where I live. Still no need for a license here..

You know what I find funny about forum moderators. They poke fun and try discredit and silence others for having a opinion then they always leave with their own opinion at the end as if to say I am more important or more wise than you. Text book anchor. Did I say anchor..? I meant ........

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No one here is a forum moderator...

8. Coanda

I know it was sarcasm..

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree fully - and ohh Déjà Vu:)
    Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.3

10. Coanda

Maybe we have a different opinion of what undrivable is and thats OK..

Suzuka which is known for non abrasive surface with Rain x 60 so plenty of water build up whilst using the same Spa dry setup and using slick tyres at 100% boost.. I was surprised how much front end grip I had to be be honest and when coming out of a puddle most of the time it was ok.

.. and below is me deliberately drifting and jerking the wheel left and right and pinning the throttle hard and over aggressive.. Look how I exit the pits deliberately hack sawing the wheel with full throttle in 3rd gear.. No worries mate!

My personal opinion is either leave them how they are or make them more wild. Please don't make them any easier..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Ettore

For me when you are forced to put 4th gear at 90 kph and still if you just touch the gas (like 5-10%) the car in 4th veers to the left or right and you can't just correct with the steering without lifting the gas is enough undrivable. Not sure what you are experiencing at your end but this is how it is at mine...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Ettore

BTW on top of what I just said I believe I also mention that IMHO Spa 93 is weird like it seems like it's not really getting wet in all cars. Puddles don't seem to affect much your grip. Something is odd on that track for sure. I still stand by that statement but it's not a Gr. C issue. Try GT1s and you will see.

13. Coanda

Undrivable to me is undrivable.. When you are hurdled across the track at any given moment into a barrier, when you cant stop, cant turn in, when your doing 1280's with no warning.. If I can complete a lap at Suzuka and make apexes fairly easy on one of the worlds most toughest combos with puddles & rain and with a ridiculous Spa dry slick tyre setup then thats not undrivable in my opinion and too easy for my skill level..

not my experience...

Video 1:

6-7k RPM
    1:10 - Dunlop 3rd gear 200+ kPH no worries..
    2:10 - Back straight 4th gear 175-200 kph through masive puddles
    2:50 - Start/finish 2nd-5th gear acceleration up to 280 kph

Video 2: (deliberate drifting)

0:50 - Drifting right and left and throttling sideways through a small river..
    2:50 - On the astro at spoon and throttling on and off and still had no spins and enough front end grip..

will do matey tomorrow if I can.. tired now..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Coanda

13:58 min mark - modern wet tyres, damp track, lowest boost setting, non aggressive driving and ready to chew him up and spit him out..

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ettore

Here I put also a video... I can't do the beckett's at 132 kph and the car feels on ice... The one thing I believe needs correction is how much grip the dry tires gain when the aero kicks in over 150/170 kph. To me it seems like they re-gain too much grip although it is reasonable to recover some feeling due to the aero pressing the car down. Excuse the crudity of the video but I am not very OBS knowledgeable
    Clearly the physics I am driving does not equal yours...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Ettore

I also have another observation that could be related to what we are all describing: it feels to me as if spinning a lot the rear tires or locking a lot under braking is sort of providing more grip as if there was more water being displaced from the contact patch while doing so. That feels especially true at aero speeds (over 150/170 kph). Maybe it is a false feeling but it strengthens in me the idea that aero is "pushing" dry tires to re-gain too much efficiency on wet

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I'll weigh-in on the C9 (latest beta):
    • If this was real life, I wouldn't risk my life out on a track until the engineers reversed the power and cost ramp angles in the diff (75>50 and 50>75) just so it was a reasonable base line for my driving style ;)
    • The car requires feather-accurate throttle all the way up to 3rd gear...on dry pavement...the diff change calms this a bit, but you will not forget the torque this engine is producing
    • The clutch bite point/progression is too sharp (compared to majority of other AMS 2 vehicles)...this makes blip down shifting even harder than it already is and can upset the balance of the car right when you least need it
    • Slicks on wet have more grip than I would expect, but they are not so grippy anyone would be crazy enough to use them in a competitive sense (but of course, you can drive around with them at a suitably reduced speed)
    • Wet tires in storm have a remarkable amount of grip...not sure the real wet tires from that era were that good, but if so, congrats to the tire manufacturer
    • Balance between aero and non-aero grip a bit off (based solely on intuitive feel, not data or detailed knowledge of this vehicle)
      • I would expect a bit more mechanical grip at low speeds
      • Aero grip is immense...may be accurate, but then you get thrown off when you drop speed and suddenly the grip is less than expected
    • AI have a bit too much grip in turns compared to us (I am suggesting we need more, not AI less), but overall lap times at Kansai seem reasonable for AI speed calibration
    Need to spend a lot more time with it to assess tire wear and temps behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

The fact that the car doesn't go into an unrecoverable spin with those violent jerks early in the video doesn't feel natural to me. I would expect a car being so violently shaken like that, and at such extreme angles, should probably completely loose traction even in dry asphalt, much less in the wet.

I did like how the C9 drove in regular dry asphalt, but I only tried it for a short race so far and didn't try to abuse it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

Thanks mate, there must be something wrong with other people's games because mine drive just like yours. Full control, easy to maintain lines, front end goes where I point it even on slicks in storm.
    For me it is even on default settings but with me selecting the tyres and boost to max.
    People maybe should do reinstalls, I just did but it stayed the same though, game still drives the same. I think it has too much grip or at least the boost should hit harder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

It seems like people are having different experiences. Maybe you guys could set the exact same test circumstance and also give the computer specs. And see if the experience match.
    I know with Project Cars 2 the cars began to act strange according to how many cars were on track or how much the cpu was loaded.
    About the behaviour of the car, that could also mean different things. Maybe the grip of the tyres is far too much in the rain or something else is in play. But that doesn't mean the car isn't far to loose in low speed or in other circumstances.
    It is funny about people talking when the downforce kicks in that the car is very stable.
    Don't kick me for it but when I was driving project cars 2, I once chose the I think lotus 72 and when I drove it the car literally was stuck to the road. It was like playing an arcade game you could go left and right very quickly without it giving a kick.
    I think we need to give Reiza much credit because the things they have to correct in this engine or tweak is enormous.