1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Have you considered the throttle on your wheel may be playing up? Even expensive pedals fail and from what ive see of your throttle paddles, they aren't exactly new or premium in quality. Just a thought, not firing any shots.

2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

It has received an upgrade and is now called the BETA FIVEUM.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the LiveTrack state not properly updated at Spa 93 when switching to a wet session from a dry session? o_O

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Not sure but i always start on a wet session as practice, then cloudy qualifying to same race.

5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

C9 is very drivable even on stone cold tyres out the box..

Just maybe this one is difficult for you because you don't have FFB so you can not feel what needs to be felt..

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have all settings at default (50). To do this test I usually set the test day to thunderstorm, let the track get (hopefully) fully soaked for 30 minutes then I drive around in dry tires.
    Like I said the 3 element I believe I can distinctively feel are:
    1. too high recovery of grip by the dry tires when the aero kicks in
    2. It feels like spinning like crazy the rear tires gives more grip than driving within grip limits as if by spinning the tires more water is getting displaced
    3. Some tracks (like Spa 93) seem to get less "wet" than others with the same car and the same tires puddles seem less treacherous and generally the track doesn't look and feel as "full of water" in some cases. Maybe this has a logical/realistic reason, not sure.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed here on this
    Sry but this statement is clearly not the case..as proven in vids here, beta , u tube, my test since release mainly wet, list is endless.
    Either wet, dry, storm, rain, max boost and on dry or slicks default or setup. in any of the mentioned scenarios.

What is fact is the differences people are experiencing. wet more so than dry.

It is very drivable. and raceable with ai at high levels in wettest condition, great, even for a slow oldie on lowest grade gear here. That is not saying theres nothing to investigate.
    This spinning rears on full gas to me is Also apparent in the Sigma same scenarios, same track

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

BTW: Then you can't even have the latest updates!
    BTW#2: Misspeling corrected:D

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There may be two things happening here:
    1. Beta updates that affect tires that are or are not affecting the main release
    2. Throttle sensitivity issues (settings or hardware or the game's calibration being wonky similar to the brake calibration woes from PC2)
    I was using the same car on the same track (Kansai) and it was like night and day. I reported it as likely the beta update, but it could be a calibration issue because as I mentioned, it was like I suddenly had a normal throttle instead of an on/off switch.

Another clue was @2ndLastJedi talking about the wonderful F1 LM. It was exactly the same issue for me. Hair-trigger throttle which made it not particularly pleasant to drive and then , boom, it felt like he described...lots of fun and reasonable to drive. Obviously the highest torque cars are the ones affected most whether it is tires or throttle sensitivity/calibration issues.

Further question just to confound things: for me, the C9 and the other two cars released at the time have a clutch that resembles an on/off switch more than the usual nicely progressive action I get on all the other cars. Does anyone else notice this--and is there a connection between those who have the issue and those who have/had the overly-sensitive throttle in the C9?

Haven't had time to test more yet, but just sharing/musing in case any of this adds up to something that makes sense.

And, sorry for using beta in this forum. I typically use it if there has been an update past the release version. I will have to go back and try release as well if my beta has suddenly reverted to digital throttle again!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I would gladly accept if you were right - but..
    But as I understand it its not possible to start and run AMS2 without accepting that Steam has updated the game to the latest upd/patch.
    Right?:)

ByTheWay: To at least clear this beta thing up then I only are using the "normal" AMS2.
    No beta thing for me.;)
    Hehe if there is something called "normal" conserning so Mad an engine.:p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  11. azaris

Throttle calibration issues? Only on this particular version, present only in the rain and only on this car, localised entirely within Spa?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BrunoB

Ahh come on. This is pure nitpicking.
    Do I have to write (IMO) (IMO) every time I express an oppinion?
    Hehe and I guess you wouldnt have presented this nitpicking if you was agreeing my oppinion (IMO)(IMO) :p

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Ah,ok,standard user,no beta,no fun.Then wait and see.:cool:
    BTW: I see something coming close to you,just wait.

14. Marc Collins

???

I wasn't using Spa and it wasn't only one car. Guess you didn't read my post.

Anyway, as of the last small patch, both versions feel the same for me and both feel wonderful with no issues for the C9, F1 LM or any other high torque car. Don't really care what exactly was causing the prior issues as long as it stays as it is now an they do not return :)

Will be interested if the others experiencing the over-sensitivity also find it cured.

And, from what I can tell, it never affected the release version...because it is fine now and was not changed in between.

15. azaris

There are two people here trying to convince everyone you can just put soft slicks on a C9 in a thunderstorm flooded track, floor the throttle from the pits and keep it planted as you navigate your way through Spa with zero problems. Sounds to me like there's a little bit more going on than some throttle sensitivity issues... either that or some people have a slight tendency to exaggerate.

16. BrunoB

OK fair try to say its purely on my side.
    So the solution is that I either dont start the 2x Group C cars ever more - OR buy a new handcontrolled wheel and maybe further only use it when I start the group-C cars up.
    I know which of these "solutions" I will chose.

ByTheWay: And my tinnitus does agree - loudly :confused:

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems, everything is probably said and the standpoints are clear and start to go around in circles...how about saving some nerves by waiting for further polish, now that it is known, that some little tweaking is in the pipeline. :p

Resuming this discussion after it, might bring new perspectives.^^

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Well, since you explicitly said that you didn't reset the game on any point during the updates... Yes, I believe it is on your side.

And something that has been avoided as far as I read: maybe a difference in driver capability might explain the difference in perception of ease of driving?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Marc Collins

I did try the C9 at Kansai in reasonably heavy rain. First on slicks and then on wets. The car behaved reasonably closely to what I would expect. You have to drive quite carefully on slicks in the wet, as in real life. You cannot drive with abandon on them under any circumstances. And they are completely uncompetitive with the wets, as they should be.

The slicks are probably too forgiving through puddles and both tires may have more grip than is realistic when its wet, but we are talking small degrees. Neither is completely unrealistic. The AI are significantly too cautious in the wet on either tire.

To be honest, when the mysterious "problem" was occurring, the car on slicks in the dry felt closer to what is should (and does now in both beta and release) feel like on wets in the wet. You can imagine what it then felt like in the wet (almost undriveable) and why people were getting hyper about these incredibly different experiences.

20. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Yes, and you call them slick tyres despite the fact they’re obviously wets.