1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please show me where I said I had zero problems? As a few have mentioned this car is "undrivable" and it needs taming down and fixing, I/we replied and referencing how it is not undrivable and that you can do things in extreme scenarios that do not result in a spin or a undrivable car..

Forget the wet on slicks scenario now people are saying this car is undrivable period..

I just rolled out of bed, driving like sh!t and not how I would normally do an out lap and here is my first lap on cold tyres at 100% boost (1FW | 3RW).. Flat through ER out of the box. If that's a undrivable car then I must have Mario Andretti skills that I didn't know about..

Either some of you guys have a issues with your install/hardware/skills/all or you are smoking too many mushrooms..

Crimson is being sensible and he must know some things are in the pipeline.. No point going on about it anymore..

back to bed for me zZzZzZz :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please show me where I said the car was undriveable either in dry or wet conditions.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Uhm @Marc Collins was the spoiler guy this time :D :p

Btw. your video actually shows a different behaviour at Spa pits wheelspin, than i had it on the Nordschleife Pits. It looks way more stable and less prone to kick the rear out, to be honest. At the Nordschleife i can dance it sideways out of the pits. :D But (really no offense) i also see quite much underdriving, believe it or not.

The scene in the pits looks definetly different to my experiences, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT1s at Spa is even much worse. This is why I am suggesting in this conversation to leave the "car grip" alone as it feels good as it is and rather point our sight at the other circumstances that drive grip in the wet conditions as they seem to me much more like the culprits.
    In other words, something else is IMHO at work in this matter not the "car grip" as such.

5. Coanda

Non taken and I believe it.. Nothing special about my driving there and I don't claim to be anywhere close to being on top of this vehicle. I am still learning about this one. I can do better once I get my eye in and the tyres warm up but I am sure I am still off the pace.

6. Coanda

show me mine first.. :p

7. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Guys, this is not productive.
    If you want to test then you should start with the baseline.
    For example, start on a track where we think there is no problem (not Spa 93).
    Then choose to only have one car on track (to exclude any problems with the specs of the computer).
    Take the same time and circumstances.
    State if you are driving the beta or normal version and be sure to say which version you are driving.
    The way you are doing it now only leads to wrong conclusions and friction between the member here.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The car should start to kick out the rear under braking at some point/sweetspot and start to laterally slide outwards the track, when it gives up on throttle. It can also showcase some annoying understeer when overdriving and spontaneous "kicking of the rear" when accelerating on a green track. I spent some time with the C9 yesterday and got all these impressions, it was surprisingly alive and felt f***ing amazing, that's why your run in the video actually baffles me...it's basically almost hard prove, that you experience different things.:confused:

The pits especially makes the impression to me, that the car indeed looks unusually settled there.

When i kickstart it out of the pits at the old Nordschleife Pitlane in the dry on soft slicks, the car will even at 85% boost say hello with the rear. (But it doesn't need to be overly deadly and floaty. We shouldn't forget, that it has huge barrels of rubber connected to the driveline, that will even work, if they're not on optimal temp)

I think, we should wait for the next update, maybe it will already sort some stuff.^^ (Just to be clear, don't have too high expectations for anything to change, but i think, we're indeed going in circles by now)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

What what?
    Is that a promise or the opposite (threat??).
    Ohh or a comming bloody horsehead in BrunoB´s bed :eek: :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Hahaha. Good one.
    Always entertaining to see when someone does reveal he goes completely dead at argumentaining.

ByTheWay: Conserning driving skillsI have never seen your name on the upper positions in any TT LB´s :D

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

No vampires,no bloody horseheads:eek:,more a promis my dearest piggy.:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Haha if you looked carefully, you might have seen that I never took a side on the actual argument of the C9 being too easy or difficult to drive;)
    Just putting it out there as a possibility

And no, I'm never on the board, because I never do TT and I'm not gonna to prove a point. Not here to see who has the biggest one:p

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

Can't believe how good this sim feels to me right now. It's like it has all come together. How the progressive grip is translated through the FFB, the AI is really solid now. Still looks and sounds amazing. In VR I just can't get enough. I'm barely touching my other sims anymore

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for such a refreshing post. My love for this forum has waned with the domination of myopic topics (not people) causing me to have less fun and play my favorite sim (AMS2) less. This is what I needed to jump back in and drive as opposed to "testing" what others are saying. Most stuff a rookie like me would never notice. I've got to try VR, just worried about motion sickness:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

Motion sickness is something I experienced at first, but only when spinning or going backwards. But either way, this shouldn't scare you off VR. Just be cautious and if you experience it, take a break right away and don't do too long stints at first. You will develop "vr legs" and sense of nausea will disappear. VR is amazing, especially now when some units are selling for around 300 dollars. Cheers and have fun :)

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 has now been updated to v1.1.2.5 - this is another complementary update to our late February release, adding the Stock Car 2021 series, some further progress in the G923 & Trueforce support and another batch of minor improvements & corrections.

V1.1.2.5 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT
    • Added Stock Car 2021 series

UI & HUD
    • Fixed AI name occasionally disappearing from list in session timing board
    • Fixed name text being partially clipped in session timing board
    • Added missing DRS on trackmaps of circuits featuring DRS zones (Azure, Hockenheim, Imola, Kansai, Montreal, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, Spielberg)

PHYSICS & FFB
    • Further tweaks and cleanup of new TrueForce device and Logitech sdk support
    • Added pneumatic trail, caster trail, rar wheels forces as customizable variables FFB script
    • Fixed in-session per vehicle FFB adjustments not being maintained when restarting a sessionRevised F-Retro tires
    • Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Vintage, F-Trainer, GT3, P1, intermediate & wet compounds
    • Initial pass on tire wear revisions for various compounds (WIP)
    • Adjusted splitter / Front Wing height sensitivity for Group A, F-Vintage, F-Classic, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Ginetta G58, Camaro GT4R, F-Trainer, Superkart, ARC Camaro
    • Corrected error on Opala differentials introduced in the previous build which led to it not being fully open
    • Adjusted Ginetta G58 damper rates
    • Adjusted pneumatic trail for Porsches & F-Vintages
    • Reduced pitch & yaw sensitivity for Group C cars
    • Adjusted Procar default rear ARB & clutch setting
    • Minor timing adjustments to F-Ultimate gearbox

AI
    • Further callibration of AI wet weather performance
    • Further customized AI brake distance offsets per car
    • Minor Bathurst AI Grip adjustments

AUDIO
    • Updated SprintRace transmission whine
    • Updated Porsche 911 GT1 engine & turbo sound
    • Updated McLaren F1 LM: engine sound

TRACKS
    • Cascais: Minor art & performance pass
    • Silverstone: Minor art & performance pass
    • Added VR trackside cams to Snetterton 300 & VIR Full
    • Added rainblockers to indoor section of Speedland kart layouts
    • Updated trackside ads for Interlagos & Goiania

VEHICLES
    • Super V8: Fixed incorrect team names
    • Stock Corolla: Fixed Brake disc visual glitch
    • Omega StockCar: Fixed the RF wheel arch edge loops
    • Fixed base windscreen textures to fix white windscreen problem on some cars when users turn on livery overrides

• Like x 32
    • Winner x 13
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  17. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

Obrigado Renato!

18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. I had VR sickness the first few times I played. I recommend first also to avoid long sessions and not be discouraged when you feel ill. Stop, when you feel its wrong for you and take a few hours break. Also, avoid at first tracks that undulate up and down or are like roller-coasters (e.g. Nordschleife). Close your eyes when you spin the car. I still got motion sickness recently when I played WRX at Dirt Rally 2, because you are drifting sideways so much. But I feel nothing beats VR because of the realism and as you are totally closed off from the rest of the world and are present in the environment. I hated the forced cockpit view in iRacing with a normal screen, but in VR, the only place you want to be is the cockpit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni , After downloading the update now, the version reported is still 1.1.2.4.1571...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

2021 Stock Car Brasil? HECK Reiza, thank you so much, I was looking forward to this a TON! <333 Much love!

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1