1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Thanks for trying the deleting of the folder, and sorry to read that it didn't solve your issues with the car

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I see that in the API the 2020 and 2021 Cruze Stock Cars have a typo. Shows as Cruza. Also the Omega is still missing from the API.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

4. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree last update improved a lot the Sauber C9 I am also now in the "stable" camp, great job Reiza :D!
    The car felt weird when first released. The back of the car felt like it did not want to follow the front going through the first 3 corners at Imola, taking the 3rd one I always had to lift. When the boost came it was impossible to predict and manage the throttle to make life easier but now it is like in the Porsche 962, no more the feeling boost: on/off and hold the wheel :p!
    Love the sound of the Porsche 911 GT1 98 now!
    Regarding Formula Retro Mclaren M23, I drove it today in hope the car got improved but it is still probably the worst car in AMS2 along with the Formula retro group.
    I honestly do not understand why this car at this stage of development has to be in the game, I do not feel is good for anyone.
    The wheel has no feedback on corner entry, you cannot feel the front tires, you have understeer, then you have to lift to avoid oversteer and you get understeer an so on. Also the car is unstable, if you unsettle it for example exiting a corner the it waves left and right as if something is broken with the suspension. Just nothing feels right with this car and I love to drive it in AMS1(Edit: rf2 not AMS1,
    ).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

any news concerning the version number of the game? still have the old one, although an update was downloaded and installed. started steam several times, still 1.1.2.4.1571

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda If you want at test of wet weather driving, drive Curvelo long in the rain, that front straight becomes a river and the wet tyres of the Omega really do nothing there, lol its a really fun challenge. I need to try the Sauber next. Should be interesting.

This is where a wet time trial would be excellent:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That is the latest release version with the changes noted in the post above by Renato. Just a typo of 1124 vs 1125. Beta is now in 1.1.2.5 build 1573.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And again it gets better! Opala diff works as you'd expect, New Stocks are great, G58 feels so good, Group C even better. A.I. better in the wet but still drop in ability compared to their dry weather driving at same skill level, but its all going in the right direction. Bravo Reiza! (Can we have a Vauxhal Lotus Carlton please, Please, PLEASE with cherrys on top and stuff:whistle:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought similar until watching some of the real footage and now I think they are quite spot on. Just steer the car with trailbraking to get some grip at the front and gently throttle-oversteer out. I like the McLaren with Aero on 1/4.

• Like Like x 4
  10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 here. after update the sim dont recognize pedals, the wheel rotate down and weird behaviour.
    Unplayable...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Delete the AMS 2-folder in my documents.

12. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Doesn't it have something to do with the torque again? That pulling to the side.
    It is the same as in Group C and to my knowledge, it is not realistic and I haven't seen any real footage of it. I know the sideways torque exists in real life but I don't think it has much effect at least not nearly as much as portrayed in the sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Minimum Shift Time Slider in controller settings. Thought this was new but apparently been there a long time.

Can anyone explain scenario in which you would go up from zero? I mean it obviously increases time to shift but why.

14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

it is a debounce function to prevent double shifts on some hardware..

15. Coanda

.. the blow off valve is sweet as.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Coanda

F-Retro at Interlagos Historic Outer is nuts and a bag of fun.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Might be accurate on high speeds - most of the time, the Retros feel quite alright there. But on low speeds, the understeer on corner exit is insane, and even if it was realistic, the game simply does not make it feel believable for me.

Which, in the end, is what driving pretend race cars is all about: I at least don't want the most realistic experience, if this experience doesn't feel like driving an actual car. That might seem nonsensical at first, but please consider that most of us aren't ever going to know what actually is realistic. So, we need to settle for a "realistic feeling", as that is the best possible outcome we are ever really going to get out of racing sims.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's an interesting account of Denny Hulme's problems with the M23:

F1’s iconic cars: The McLaren M23 by Giorgio Piola

"Then we went on to Sao Paulo and Interlagos and there the car was the most terrible thing I have ever driven. It was really a bad car. I couldn't understand why I was so much slower than everybody else. I think some of it was due to the way the car had been set up, because Emerson had made all the tests, and some of it was due to the tyres and the way they were working."

Just by looking at the car, we can understand why it was so hard to set up. The massive airbox interferes with the rear wing, reducing rear downforce at high speeds. This can easily lead to high-speed instability if the front wing is set too high to combat the understeer. At the same, the front tyres are very small, which in slow corners leads to terminal understeer. Setting up the car then becomes a balancing act between being too understeery at slow speeds vs. too unstable at high speeds.

While the sticky differential doesn't help, I believe there cars were fundamentally challenging to set up and drive and I think this comes across reasonably atm.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"Doesn't it have something to do with the torque again? That pulling to the side.
    It is the same as in Group C and to my knowledge, it is not realistic and I haven't seen any real footage of it. I know the sideways torque exists in real life but I don't think it has much effect at least not nearly as much as portrayed in the sim."

I might be but I could not say, I've not seen it in real life nor in other sims I play.

Thx for suggestion you are right about trailbraking, it is a must especially in AMS2, I've never used trailbraking so much in my life to be honest :)!

".. the blow off valve is sweet as.. " oh yes I love that sound, so nice :D but also the engine sound is improved:

"Might be accurate on high speeds - most of the time, the Retros feel quite alright there. But on low speeds, the understeer on corner exit is insane, and even if it was realistic, the game simply does not make it feel believable for me."
    I agree the Retros do not feel right and the way that differential works also non scientifically speaking is not feeling good:D!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are enough other cars to choose if you don't like them. Those cars were designed to be stable at high speeds and the real ones obviously struggle in corners as well. I want them as authentic as possible and there are enough BS-editions made by Kunos, modders or now even Codemasters out there if unrealistic easy-handling is what you like. I can drive them around Adelaide without issues because I know how to tackle corners. Not easy, but that's the challenge:)

Have you tried some setups from the Time Trial leaderboards? The defaults are a bit stiff and for corners better pick the Brabham.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1