1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Well never mind rear drum brakes, because it looks like they used pizza cutters for rear brakes instead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Without calipers in two of them :confused: I know its a game but i remember Renato changing wheel bearings on AMS2 cars :eek: so i imagine missing brake calipers isn't ideal :p

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys do love obsessing on minute details. I'd settle for a tyre model that has actual front-end bite on turn-in and LSD's that aren't spools 99% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

^^ I'd also be happy for the opposite end of the scale. If open diffed cars with <150 brake horse didn't act like they had >200+ and 200+ ft/lb's torque, spinning up a wheel where they should be bogging down instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The vast majority of LSDs aren't Spools anymore. Just to make that clear

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hence the "99% of the time" qualifier. But too many cars with LSDs still look like this (Porsche Cup 3.8 at Imola):

wheeldiff.png

Spool 99% of time, then one-tyre-fire 1% of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

Believe me, i know the candidates, that are still problematic and they aren't "too many", they mostly are the lighter, low powered ones, or the "wrong" ones. The Porsche Cups in AMS2 are strange cars anyway, like Gr.A too, for example. Improvements-steps will come, it's not that easy for all cars at once, though.

For a test, if more becomes visible on the colourful graphs with the Porsche Cups, you could try decreasing preload a lot and decrease power ramp angle (to counteract tire fire, that is caused by other things likely, than the diff itself, though).^^

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If anyone has the following vehicles in iRacing please let me know as I would like the Steering Force information that is logged from iRacing through Motec. I would like to add this info to the extended vehicle info spreadsheet..

- Williams FW31
    - McLaren MP4/30
    - Lotus 49
    - Lotus 79
    - Skip Barber F2000
    - Porsche/Audi LMP1
    - Nissan GTP ZX-T GROUP C
    - Aston Martin GT1
    - Porsche 911 RSR
    - Ferrari 488 GT3
    - Mercedes AMG GT3
    - McLaren 570s GT4
    - Porsche 718 GT4
    - BMW M4 GT4

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I could go through the tyres that are clearly not 255/55/16 and ask for the correct tyre size on the side wall ....but I won't go that far again :oops:

When I bought up the brake caliper thing is was more a passing comment in my post about the Opala's (Old Stock) having so much rear grip that they wheel stand and understeer now. This post got no traction other than someone telling me this car had no calipers because it had drum read brakes. Hence my pictures to show discs but still nothing about the odd Old Stock driving behaviour now! :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

The Opalas are under review, like also Gr.A. There is clearly still an issue. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Awesome mate, was a big surprise driving the Old Stock again after a long time away and not a good surprise. Notice a lot of strange behaviour lately though, like I said about kicking the clutch in slow 2nd gear corners and physics making cars straighten at a certain angle.

12. JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA

JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA New Member

WHAT THEY DID IN THIS UPDATE, ENDED THE STOCK CAR 2020 CAR, HEARD THE NOOBS CRY, THE CAR WAS LIKE A GT3, NAILED INTO THE FLOOR, COULD HAVE LEFT THE 2020 QUIET AND LAUNCHED THE 2021 EASY ONLY.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

Hello, mate.

First: Have a warm welcome on the Reiza Forums!
    Second: Please stop shouting, try using Capslock only (here belongs no comma, Crimson!!!) if necessary.
    Third: Your post is hard to understand safely, might be a translation? If you are native portuguese speaker, there is a portuguese section in the Reiza forums, if it might make it more comfortable.

Please keep it civilized, thank you! :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the off-topic of lost in translation: I think that your comma is not just redundant, it also sabotages the exact point you are trying to make :D

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

he is Brazilian and even in Portuguese he is rude and a sore looser, knows nothing about real cars on tracks and pretends to know. can't even argue properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Okay.
    But please let's keep it civilized, we don't want a name&shame column here. :D'

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

He expressed that he disliked the changes to the 2020 Stock Car, and he has the right to do it. Is having a perfect english required to post here? Where is it written in the forum rules?

Your post was founded on irony and arrogance, certainly less civilized than his post. This place used to be a friendly one, and now it's starting to look like the RD forums, unfortunately.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
  18. CrimsonEminence

I think, you are highly misunderstanding something here.
    Of course he is allowed to bring up some critique, but in a decent tone.

The post was written in full capslock and hard to understand, what exactly the points are, besides "hearing the noobs crying". And seeing the post here and an additional thread with the same content (that is gone by now).

I was recommending the portuguese section, because it might be easier to communicate, without using a translation program, nothing else. You are assuming something here, that definetly misses the point.

My post wasn't ironic or arrogantly meant but fully honest. I actually was welcoming him friendly, because sometimes, we get into a discussion with a heated mindset, that might need some cooling down. (And his first 2 forum posts were related to the same, with the same text and way of posting)

If you don't know, i'm/was involved in the testing process for this car deeply and in contact to @Renato Simioni directly for it, so every feedback is relevant for me. That doesn't mean, it has to be written in Capslock and in a demanding and hard to understand manner.

Thank you for your feedback, regarding the forum culture though. I maybe try to be less friendly next time, because apparently, it will be misunderstood as irony. (That was ironic, mate)

PS. Yes i'm horrible with punctuation and commas :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. sk8

sk8 Member

This forum always gets a bit tense around update time. :mad::eek:
    Anyways my arms feel like they'll fall off soon if I drive any more. That last update has been absolutely brilliant!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I see your random comma generator remains in full working order, sir.

:D

• Funny Funny x 4