1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim Racing. General discussions and thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maser V6, Jul 2, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

When are these races? Can I get an invite?

I like the idea to just spin of the dice car/track combo with like 15 minutes practice/qualifying 20 min race or something.

I really like that idea @Empty Box put out on Twitter for iR, just a random car/track race with little time to prepare but I think in AMS2 would be fantastic.

"Did not think mini's were so popular downnnn-unda"

In the early days the Mountain races where so much more than just Ford v Holden with drivers driving to the track in the cars they raced then if they where lucky to finish in one piece they drove them home again.

A few rather special road cars got made back then because manufacturers had to have 500 cars produced before they could enter the race.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Is was it says on the box. Still thoughts on implementation.Thanks for response and expression of interest.
    When/if tbc.--would be nice end of first week in April after March update. nicer still would be sooner.
    "Can I get an Invite" Of course.
    Also via the process and 1 of the objects is ie, you could then invite @xxx, @xxx,@xxx,@ ect people you have raced with and enjoyed "safe racing" same for other invited.
    Object here is 1,full/better grids online 2, chance of an enjoyable online once a week (or more) .
    Attraction here for me is if I was host I would not have to run AI in online invited open sessions, Ai put some off, (but not all). eg, I could accept your invite :eek:Adelaide, have a day or 2 to practice, race with others and learn, fast guys could have a blast out front.
    I can think of 10 invites off the bat, with ie your invited also numbers go up, with @xxx invited numbers up more.
    So eg: with race invites sent out on day 1 and race on day 3 and those invited only needing to accept or decline The host could set up session with some confidence that all/most would attend, and have a fun, enjoyable race. little commitment apart from yes/no and safe race.

More please, I could watch this kinda thing time and again. 1, the st/wheel inputs at top of the hill, balancing on the limit. big kahonas. 2 that turn and slide, Fck, anyone racing their gets my respect inc modern but esp Historic. There is a "Madness" to race F1 as Jenson Button said.
    Montoya had an ability to similar if I recall, and many others of course.
    Would be nice to see some AMS2 similar clips, car control, saves etc

• Like Like x 2
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm going to be away from my PC for about 3 weeks at the end of this week(retired man business :whistle:. Wont be able to even test the new update unless it comes in the next few days. But as soon as i can i will be back on board and would love it if time-zones align so i can join these on the regular.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maser V6

Yes, to clarify on system I have thoughts on.
    You (or @anybody) could be host and set session to suite, inc timewise. You send out invites to @those onthread . On eg "Invitation races" thread. I and others see several races I could enter in a given 7 days period pick a race that suites, ****yes reply. password sent at relevant time
    Edit ***At this point I could also invite other " people who Ive been on track & trust with & think would enjoy session.

In your case
    "at the end of this week" If lets say it was up and running, in your case with the 3 week break you could send out invites today for a race on Thursday. it would be posted and seen and I/others could respond.
    many race session options could be posted by those on thread list at any given time.

@SaxOhare this is only thoughts at this point but earlier in thread (here) may or may not appeal to you and your online friends from .#116 to here. My thoughts on 'pilot' race tick some of your boxes, just read your post.
    Any expression of interest welcome, from any one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Maser V6

Congratulations To Max 1st pole position in this new seasons fight for the title.
    Appropriately this weeks Videos

Cart drivers? sim drivers? or mix of both to be top doggy or even top 10?
    Should be a more interesting season for many reasons I feel. One things almost certain, there will be incidents and "throwing toys out of the pram" Sim or RL sh-t happens:)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Maybe old new for some - but I had not seen this one comming: rF2 + Unreal Engine o_O

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. F1Aussie

Dont think that actually means that rf2 is getting an update to UE. I am thinking it means a new Sim could get the best parts of rf2 and UE. It is not clear though.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. BrunoB

You wanna bet? :D

11. F1Aussie

Sure, I will bet you that if I am wrong I get your house and if I am right I get your car. How does that sound?

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If rF2 goes Unreal Engine then it's the end of rFactor 2. rFactor 2 and AMS 1 are so great cause they can be run by older / cheaper computers. Not everyone lives in the West. By the way ACC is hard on the hardware, and if you downgrade the graphics you better smear vaseline all over your eyes so you won't see how bad it is, lol.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

That is all true about ACC. Low shadows look especially bad. Flat, dull and outright unpleasant on the eye. I wish its visual presentation wasn't so dependent on its special lighting system or whatever is causing it to be so brutal on the GPU. Lets not even talk about its CPU frame times. But it does look ok and detailed if you can crank everything high. I just don't think it's universally best in class even with all that stress on the system.

However it will likely take a while for them to get anything into early access let alone ship 1.0 of rF2 + UE. What's more I'm not sure if ACC is a good example of UE's possibilities. KartKraft seems to run better for me although the CPU it absolutely melts in VR if you add a number of AI cars. I hope they're able to find a way. At this point I wonder if they could use UE5 or if it's even worse.

14. F1Aussie

If rf2 does go UE then I hope they dont have TAA as the main AA method as it is horrendous on ACC that is what causes the blurry graphics in it. And is a real eye sore.

15. Maser V6

Some things will never be the same. Inc running a few laps here.
    Esp "The green Hell"
    From the ring channel a tribute

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrunoB

If that is considered a fair bet down under then I better understand why you offered your slightly "daft" conclusion about the non issue (non news) about the rF2 graphic future ;)

ByTheWay: Looks like you are allready starting fleeing slightly forward - my good man :p

17. F1Aussie

Well anything has to be better than the current gfx engine. It looks very dated and basic. I am all for an update in this Front, that would probably have me back racing it. I am just not 100% convinced that that is what they mean. Happy to be proven wrong though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. BrunoB

OK - but just to be fair to you then I agree that if you try to slightly twist the Motorsport Games announcement I quoted above - then it could(!) be interpreted the way you did fight a bit for. :D
    But as I see it then it would be counter productive to first get in some kind of mutual "agreement" (colaboration) with the team behind rF2 - but then instead of pushing the development of rF2 then create yet another racing game.

ByTheWay: Another reason I interpreet it the way I do is also that the rF2 guys have been left alone / left back after their friends and co-workers Reiza married their Mad partner. :p

19. F1Aussie

Yeah, I guess it is just a matter of interpretation. Some things can be read to mean different things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maser V6

Sad news.

• Informative Informative x 1