1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Nice update Reiza. We still waiting for the American tracks.:)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It means that due to the losses and the higher than realistic inertia of certain elements of the driveline (like the engine shaft and the two tire shafts) the LSD was getting sub-optimal inputs of torque at its boundaries behaving in a weird and at times erratic way because of it. Fixing these parameters across the list of cars will enable crispier inputs to the LSD, less parasitic locking effect from wheels, bearing and shafts inertia and a more natural and progressive behavior of the car.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do not use the tacho widget with all the cars but with some cars it is a must for me.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thanks for responding.:)
    Personal I consider this car a bit underestimated in Reiza´s formula cars portfolio.
    Maybe its because of its "fantasy cars" name or something - but personally I consider it hehe yes as I described it above.;)

ByTheWay: A result of this "underestimation" is that its pretty easy to earn a good position on the F-Reizas TT Leaderboard:D

5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the meantime, the GT3 and GT4 cars are amazing to drive at Virginia with the recent physics changes!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, Buenos Aires 1997 layout, would be nice to celebrate Jan Lammers F1 Race debut.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I recommend that you get a livery pack for it from Rage Department :). Looks nice with a certain energy drink’s branding on it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

maybe this is wrong, but to my way of thinking reduced friction on a clutch plate means less power delivered, or power more smoothly delivered.

9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm a little surprised there isn't more discussion on the driving behaviour regarding this update. This has significantly changed the way most of the cars work - and for me, this is the point where I can say that this game's physics have truly left beta state. The cars that work, work like an absolute treat. They haven't lost their dynamic feeling, the little microcorrections you always have to make in order to get around the corner the quickest, but they have collectively lost the strange behaviour on corner exits.

Almost everything I previously thought to be strange is rectified now, and I'm simply loving driving this.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, do you still recommend to delete Automobilista 2 folder in Documents after each update? thanks for info

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Good description of these subtle small things that together make the behaviour of some of the best cars in AMS2 even better.;)

ByTheWay: Being able to make (and often control :D) these small corrections in a commercial racing game is hard to decribe without using words like "magic" and stuff:p

12. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Great explanation, thanks!
    I reacted too fast and gave an incomplete reaction

13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know, haven't tested it this way, because when it is set to OFF, then it should be completely OFF as in previous versions. If I toggle through the levels while on track, I never get an OFF hud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After getting back the wonderful Jacarepagua circuit, does it mean, Buenos Aires is comming back as well??? With historic and different layouts, just hope so (would be a great great Easter Egg :D)
    BA.JPG

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I don't believe so , usually states in description if it's required .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Donnington could do with some toning down too. I drive the F301 at 25 Nm with a small formula rim (a 35 Nm max vehicle) and the frequency and amplitude for the bumps feels over done. Kinda feels like I am driving on cobbles. I tested the new Hockenheim and it has a more natural feeling compared to this...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is a mistake that certain elements are still showing-up when HUD is set to OFF, but, in the meantime, you can manually turn on or off or set the detail level of every HUD element in the editor, so that should get rid of the bothersome items for you now.

18. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree with you. The braking area before the chicane in the full circuit is about tonlif my wheel, especially if I increase LFB.

Jacarepaguá is also very bumpy. I know it is still wip so hopefully it will be looked into.

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree: the two most talked about issues for this sim (the excessive vertical oscillation and the diff) are almost totally fixed in the complete silence from the sim community

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I forgot to thank the devs for fixing a QOL bugbear of mine, so that pit exit and track cut warnings no longer plague the player in test day!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1