1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I very vaguely remember hearing DRS may deactivate when lifting off throttle.. Can anyone confirm this and should AMS2 behave this way..?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as i know, DRS should deactivate, when applying the brakes and stay open, when lifting. Maybe i'm wrong here, but never experienced otherwise. Was always killing me at Silverstone Stowe (In an F-Ultimate, you basically don't need the brakes there), when forgetting to switch it off manually already in AMS1 on the Mod track. :D

3. Coanda

Yeah Silverstone gets me too.. I seem to remember on Sky F1 them saying it can deactivate off throttle due to safety. I am not sure if it is mandatory or driver preference or something that has recently come in..

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

DRS deactivates when off throttle or braking. Not sure if it deactivates on part throttle or not though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I remember, Jacarepagua was really bump. Maybe it needs a new balance? Dunno and also I'm far from my rig.

6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After turning these elements OFF and ON with the hud editor, now they are OFF and keep OFF when hud is OFF. Thanks, this way seems to work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it deactivates when lifting the throttle or pressing the brake.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Tested the L79 in a racing game near us.
    Its hard to stay polite - because what a piece of sh** :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Eventhough my life is to short for such kind of waste then its good to know that there are (a lot) of other cars in AMS2.:p:p

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Too fast, the lap info is gone but the message center still appears. Strange thing, I moved it to the upper end of the screen but it remains in its original position in the middle of screen...

10. Coanda

Thank you lads for the confirmation. I tested the Formula Renualt 3.5 in iRacing as this is the only car I have with DRS and it deactivated when coming off throttle.
    You need to come off by a couple of percent for it to do this. This topic was also raised on their forum and confirmed.

It would be nice if Reiza add this logic to DRS..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd be careful making any blanket assumptions about how exactly DRS is activated and deactivated in the various series which use it. Some other sims allow for this to be changed (with options such as only on braking, on lift, etc). And the F1 technical regulations appear neutral on this, saying only:

"Any alteration of the incidence of the uppermost closed section may only be commanded by direct driver input and controlled using the control electronics specified in Article 8.2." (Section 2.6.8.h, page 32)

12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Group A cars (Merc and BMW) have the tire fire issue. Most cars are a lot better, but these two need a little more polish.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't wanna skirt round the issue so I'll just come right out and say it! I think Reiza really had their ears to the ground on this release, the effects its had on the sim are once again a great improvement and shows how well they work under pressure. The range of cars and tracks in the sim shows they certainly don't have tunnel vision. Well done Reiza AMS2 is a little Beauty! Been driving it all day, now I feel like relaxing with a nice Martini and a cigarette, then maybe later another go on those 1970's tracks... Oh yeah an I like the Lotus.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  14. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

Is there going to be a Dev. Diary or is the upfront of the patch note in place of the Dev. Diary?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I have been watching a couple of videos and it looks like a really nice update.
    It seems that the car looks more connected to the road, which is a great thing to see (group a still doesn't seem right). I have not seen enough videos, but it looks like many cars are improved.
    The next step I think is that feeling of playing with the throttle where you are playing with the car when the backside goes away a little (playing with slip angle).
    That is not dialled in enough. There is still a little too much tendency to understeer.
    But it is a massive improvement.
    It shows what a great team it is.
    One thing that I don't find convincing enough is the contact between cars. There looks to be something wrong with that.
    How is the multiplayer. Is it great for you guys? Also when there is contact between the mcr 2000 do they still act like scoops? That is also a focus point I think. The weight and contact of the cars. AI still needs a lot of work.
    But again this tornado is gaining strength per day.
    Great job team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes!

Don't forget, you are watching videos, not driving by yourself. This is something highly car and tire dependent and careful to evaluate just through onboards...

I see, you haven't managed to stay polite.

By the way: If you are deciding, that you want to go more into detail, what is so "sh*tty" for you, then it might be even worth a consideration. Right now you have called a whole cycle of work "piece of sh!t" without any constructive context.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Coanda

I haven't tested it in a while however I remember the P1's use to be able to drive completely under the car you rear-ended.. I'll test it again tonight.

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

This is not what I have found in cars driven. Last night online in BT44 I had a 'tank slapper' left to right lasting 7 swings L to R and saved it with little loss in gap to car ahead was all done through feel, ffb, and car improvements. I can name many more 'car feels good ' moments inc videos.
    Below is a comment from another who seems very happy.
    Agreed to both.

Agreed. Driver in video also.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Balrog

Balrog Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's great that the UI can warn us now when we set more AI drivers than liveries in the class, BUT even if I set liveries - 1 amount of AI, my selected livery gets loaded twice and one other gets left out, which makes the feature signficantly less useful imho.

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this is still the case. Reiz is aware of it. I believe it will be fixed as new and customised championships are added to the game.