1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 February 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey man im genuinely excited! The atmosphere in here is great! I love it!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Just wanted to say in advance...

Happy Birthday Automobilista 2!
    Thankyou to everyone at Reiza for the outstanding work over the past year, its amazing how far this title has come and the passion thats been put into it. I have had some amazing times enjoying your work, long may it continue!

You're updates have been unstoppable over the course of the year and commnication with your community hs been second to none! Infact in recent conversation on your Facebook page about the speed of your updates I said this:

" In all seriousness though, Reiza are definitely no1 when it comes to game updates. If they were in charge of moving that ship that blocked the Suez Canal for 6 days I think, then situation just before it happened would have been like this: man watching ship about to hit the bank, "think that ships gunna block the canal". Reiza, "nah we already moved it". Man, "what, when? It's not even happened yet!". Reiza, "yesterday. we borrowed Doc's Delorean"[​IMG]

Really looking forward to the update (this forum has had an electric atmosphere just recently, like Glastonbury in here)! And seeing as you have introduced me to some fantastic Brazilian race series and tracks that I would not have know about without your work, here is something I put together using the most famous Brazilian track I could think of and (so i've discovered), what was I think at one point one of Brazils most popular cars. I am absoloutely in love with this combo and would urge anyone to try it if they have not yet done so.

Loving your work, Bravo, Obrigado!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. I do apoligise for my terrible translations! Need some practice on my Portuguese!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there going to be a March dev update?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I assume after the small complementary update comes out (soon)--they are busy working on the details of that rather than writing about what we have already been given.

6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

So after they give us the the small update, then they will write about what we have already been given?

7. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

I'm sorry, but this really sounds ungrateful. Don't know if that is the intention of your post or not.
    Reiza is working their asses off to develop the game towards something truly great and because of that, they miss a development update in which they write what they did and what we can expect in the coming months. If that relentless work results in a development update that comes a bit later, I'm very happy with that

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As Renato wrote in the v.1.1.3.5 release thread, several new features and core developments were removed prior to the v1.1.3.5 release. I'm sure that the next development update will shed some more light on these features, so there is much more to talk about than "what we have already been given".

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Lol - no that was not the intention of my post. I was simply messing, I'm not one of those criticising schedules. It was simply a flippant remark, Reiza are always working, there is no right time or wrong time for them to release their update and I don't think there is any issue with that including details of stuff we have already been given. Relax!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Haha oké, I already found it a bit odd as I generally associate you with constructive feedback and posts

• Like Like x 1
  11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's just that Reiza itself has hyped this Birthday Update before in the other development update enormously and many have hoped for more of it. I also belong to those who were somewhat disappointed by this update.
    After I thought about it and drove the update, the disappointment gave way to joy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I started some of this cheekiness by writing a mildly flippant reply noting that the monthly updates mostly just recap what we already have in the game, so no need to really care so much about whether they arrive one day or the next...especially when working on actual updates are the reason for any delay. But here is why I tend to the joy side of the spectrum:

The birthday update was less than hoped because a couple of the items in it could not be stabilized in time for the release and will come later instead.

So, we can whinge about the fact that Reiza is always pushing themselves too hard to try to deliver more than anyone should expect in too short a time frame from their little team--that would be rude.

We can whinge that they give not only beta testers, but regular customers access to content that is not fully polished. If this was unintended or further updates were not forthcoming, then it could be a fatal flaw. Since there is always a note about what is WIP and most people complain about delays (to ensure things are perfect before release)--this would be somewhat rude.

We can whinge that Reiza is a small, independent developer and they can't produce content or some core programming updates at the rate of a corporate-published developer--that would be true, but disingenuous unless you had never player any other sim to realize that they all follow the same pattern of releases followed by endless patches and, dollar for dollar, are not providing more or more interesting content than Reiza. There may be more official licensing and marketing, so if that's your thing then go buy and play those titles. As has been noted in clear terms here multiple times from the principle of Reiza, this is a slow-build process by design. A publisher could throw some funds at them and demand the game be finished by date X--and we would end-up with the same thing as many other titles...a glossy, unfinished product with a limited update cycle that you better hope addresses the gaping flaws, but rarely does.

With Reiza, we get more fluid deadlines and lots of missed promises, but a team that has proven themselves unwaveringly dedicated to doing all the important things as properly as humanly possible, even if it takes longer and screws-up the rest of the schedule. Ironing-out some aspects of the physics has taken vastly longer than hoped or predicted, but the alternative is to have a quickly sealed patchwork of inconsistencies for the sake of saying "it's finished"--where and how many times have we seen that before? And do we really need another in that series, or would we prefer our sim world to include at least one independent that marches to their own drum beat?

I know what my answer is...and I am willing to cut them some slack whenever it is higher quality or better outcomes that are the cause of the delays as opposed to shareholder dividend schedules or other forms of money grabs that seem to be prevalent in the gaming industry.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only thing I have to say:
    respect and honor
    Reiza Team is great or the best although the birthday update was a bit smaller than I hoped (yes, me too!) but that doesn't mean everything is lost, it will come when AMS2 gets 1 year and 1 month old ;)

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep in mind Reiza is a fresh breathe through the Simracing-scene. They fricking enhanced the FFB to new levels. And their AI are topnotch. Its on par with Raceroom's AI.
    But yeah, there's still a long way to go for the dots on the i's and the cross on the t's for the mandatory simracing features, etc.
    Year 2 enhance the game even more. I've fully faith in what Reiza's doing otherwise I didn't pour 4400 euro into my simrig at the moment. (Since Summer 2019. Heck even Dirt Rally 1 and RBR had me poured like 3000 or so into simming as well until I sold everything in October 2017 due a Quarter-life crisis)
    I've so much faith in AMS 2 and Reiza that I am still racing. If Reiza quits AMS 2 I fricking no idea what I would do.. Sell my rig again and live the non-gaming life?

ps. I am not even finished.. Still need that 49inch 120hz monitor and a DD. Perhaps even a fricking Quafe Pattern-shifter or the HE pattern if it ever releases. Or even fricking upgrade my extrusion bars with wider/heavier bars.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any new information on this @Renato Simioni

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  16. Hangon

Hangon New Member

I'm really looking forward to more tracks, but I do realize that they take alot of time to make, especially the quality like all the current dlc tracks. My wallet is full and awaiting to empty into Rieza's hands :)

• Agree Agree x 5