1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thanks for your opinion. And yes I also think that Reiza is great especially listening to the community.
    I just wanted to express my feelings.

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Only problem is that if i recall you don’t actually play the Sim ?
    so everything you comment is loosely fake news as it can’t be substantiated.
    We should all just start calling Fake News every time someone says it’s a project cars clone ,because eventually that will become the excepted narrative. :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can say what you like about Ian Bell's entrepreneurial flair and media skills, the chaotic WMD business and development model, and the shortcomings of the final PC2 product itself, but I think it's fair to say that in the Madness Engine SMS managed to build an extremely attractive, feature rich, fast loading and amazingly well optimised game engine. On the handful of times in PC2 where everything came together it was a phenomenal experience. The majority of the time, it was not. So I for one was nothing but pleased when Reiza announced that they were going to use it for AMS2, and while it's been a challenging task for them, I think they've shown just what can happen when really passionate developers running to their own schedule, rather than a corporate overlord's, can do.

It'd be interesting to know what proportion of the "dur hur PC2.5" crowd actually own both games.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 15
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

yeah... to be honest only the Dedi and oversimplified AI are a mess...FFB, TC, etc etc will be fixed by Reiza but Dedi and AI (this one will always be cheating Vs the player imo) are the 2 things SMS did really wrong lol (imo as usual).

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL he is indeed ubiquitous. He is talking s...t about AMS2 to anyone who will listen and on any forum/stream/Youtube video. Weird stuff :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My birthday month, this could'nt be better to hear, thankyou!

Im thinking of starting a proper championship and one of the most important things to consider for this is A.I. strength and Aggression for said series.
    I know pretty much where i stand with the stockcar A.I. and what level to put them at so I get decent race'es, but im wondering if you could clear a couple of things up for me?

I'm going with stockars which have the push to pass mechanism, Do the A.I. use this aswell as the player?

Also when it comes to setups I know the A.I. (after about 85% skill i think) sart using their own custom setups. I wonder what parameters they adjust, for instance can they set different gear ratios for different track. I ask because I don't wanna give myself a massive advantage by adjusting things they simply can't or don't, and I want a decent race with them.

Thankyou for any info you can give, and thankyou just in general for the exellent work you are doing and the whole team are doing. Cheers!

7. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A bit like the guy at RD who is always posting consecutive Steam player stats in pretty much every AMS2 thread.

I guess if sim racing isn’t niche enough, some people take up sim developer negging! Much more niche.

8. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

We're so spoiled nowadays, I can never choose wich one to play between AMS2 & RF2!

9. Apex

Apex Active Member

Well, as they say.. the things that make you laugh are often the same things that make you cry.

:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI uses it.

11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Bobbie, I did wonder as they seem to boost at certain times, not always where i'd expect them to use it (goiania) then i tried it where they seemed to be using it and things started to make sense. How did you find out they use it btw?

12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My solution for this “problem”: For me AMS2 is the only sim I play now, although I bought and played all the others too in the past (except iRacing as I don’t like the subscription model).
    No other sim gives me this joy and immersion and performance in VR as AMS2 manages to do. The driving feeling paired with the possibility to play in VR with good picture quality even at rain&night against many AI opponents is unique and can only be achieved with this sim IMHO.
    In 2D pancake mode it might be different of course but unfortunately I can’t go back from VR anymore...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

There is a certain irony in you mourning the low player count when you don't play the sim. I would find your repetitive points on handling and grip more useful if they were rooted in experience rather than imagination.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Not meaning to side with one or the other but I have some race car experience (both GT and formula) and I also find the grip "odd" in a lot of cars, open wheelers are a bit better but GT3/4/Cup especially feel like there just isnt enough bite for lack of a better word... Last time I actually tried the AMS2 Porsche Cup right after driving the Cup car IRL and RF2 and even ACC just feel closer to the real thing in terms od handling/tyres/suspension. No offense to anyone who is happy but that is my experience. Custom files help a lot with the feelings, but you cant hide everything behind it unfortunately.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I vaguely remember asking the same question a while ago and I think Renato replied the AI used it. It was a long time ago so do not remember exactly who answered. And it's absolutely crucial that the AI uses P2P, otherwise it would be unfair for the AI.

16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

QUOTE="Ettore, post: 126404, member: 13430"]LOL he is indeed ubiquitous. He is talking s...t about AMS2 to anyone who will listen and on any forum/stream/Youtube video. Weird stuff :eek:[/QUOTE]

The dude has problems... I mean, why would you go out of your way to spout off about it like that? Just leave it ffs, simply play something else. And then there's the guys that have tried their hand at ams2, for maybe a few hours, months ago, and they cannot stop pointing out how lacking it is. "I went to the forum and pointed out this and that, I and got torn to shreds(wheee! Wheee!)", when in reality if they took the effort to even have a casual glance through some threads, they'd find out the local community is quite critical, and every little issue and problem has been gone over to DEATH!
    And the reason they're being told off is because of a horrible attitude and obvious predispostion, and not their criticisms. I mean, would it go over well if we went to an ACC forum like that, you think? Apparantly we're all mindless Reiza worshippers because we're not all 17 year-olds that argue each other in lenghty posts about what is realistic in car physics and handling, whilst never having sat behind the wheel of an actual car.

This here is one of the coolest places to be in all of simracing, the game, forum, community, skin-artists, the simtubers that cover it, the whole thing. Just need eyes to see...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Well, regardless of ANY shortcomings, right now it is by far my favorite sim. I'm doing this sim thing to totally enjoy my hobby, and right now this is where I find the most enjoyment by far. VR here is second to none, i.o.w. it's the best. Slight driveability issues, small complaints etc. is totally livable if you look at the sheer size of content and massive massive improvements over the last 2 months! I spent way more time that what I should on sims (close to 1500hrs) of which almost 500 in 3 months is on AMS2 - that says a lot. Keep it up @Renato Simioni and the team, you guys are giving us exactly what we need - FUN FUN FUN :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Split Second

To be honest I don't know what this means. Are you telling me that I say that AMS2 is a Project Cars 2 clone? Because that is not what I am saying (maybe I have expressed it badly).
    And the last posts don't depend on me owning it or not imo.

19. Split Second

I agree completely. I don't have much money now and I would need I guess around 300 € (full game) to buy the game and a second-hand wheel and then I still need to figure out where to place it.
    Now about your point about rooted in experience instead of imagination.
    I am 43 years old and I have been playing driving sim and driving games for about 30 years.
    Maybe it is just me, but I would be very surprised, I haven't seen a video of a driving game where when I saw the video it would be different from the feeling I have when driving it. Maybe it is my experience but that is my experience. Surely I am not the only one to have this.
    Now you have a big point about the low player count. That's why I don't know if my input is appreciated or more infuriating. Maybe I should stop posting and just see how it goes.
    Just you know that my heart is in the right place.

20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think he just means it's harder to take on your views about a game you don't play.

• Agree Agree x 4