1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The SC2020/21 has no ABS.

@Coanda are you driving with ABS?

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for checking.. Weirdo it's happening to me.. I'll try and get a video later tonight.. I've reset the setup to default. Maybe I should delete my AMS2 folder..
    nah no ABS.. Should be authentic..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coanda

@CrimsonEminence - I deleted the AMS2 folder and it's all good now. Only 20-40 degree difference which tugs a little left & right as each side pinches a little more than the other.. Nothing like it was with 200-300 degrees of difference.

I thought a setup reset would do the job however not this time. I have no confidence in building setups in AMS2 due to these ongoing resets. Still I'd rather have spot on physics than this slight annoyance..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

It still puzzling me the case with „deleting AMS2 folder in documents“.

i know that Reiza posted even long time ago, that from dev side it’s not needed, and if anything files-on-harddrive related, may it be Setup reset or deleting folder, they will post the info with the release notes.

still, and even I experienced it for myself, deleting AMS2 folder sometimes did wonders, still, I did it just 2 or 3 times. Surly there is also enough space for placebo effects. :p

myth or not, speaking in long therm, we need clearance here, just like posted by others, setups, settings, ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed before in some cases that if you have a broken setup saved previously and "reset to default", but don't save it, when you leave the pits it reloads your old broken setup. So my recommendation would to reset to default AND save it under a new name, just to be sure.

I think that a setup validity checking (like AC or iRacing do) step should be performed before leaving the pits. That would prevent some of these strange physics issues that keep popping up unless you rebuild the settings folder after every update.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Coanda

Did something change in the MP Lobby for this build...? I noticed I no longer see empty servers therefore there is only a few servers showing for me..

7. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So wait, I should delete the ams2 folder in my docs to make sure the physics changes work? Or...?

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Never delete it. Just rename it to something else and launch AMS2, that way if nothing changes you can go back to the old one without having to reconfigure everything.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Like mentioned above, renaming is sufficient. :cool:

But yes, if you want to make absolutely sure, you are on the safe side with default setup changes, physics and controls tweaks to be applied 100% correctly, it's still a good way to do this step from time to time.

It's not a must anymore, but we know, the game has still some weird hickup moments.
    So if things are strange, this is always the first recommendable step!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

A question about public servers.
    Is there any criteria for a new user to take over the host when the current one leaves the server?

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect whoever has the best connection. I am running 500/500 to annoy my provider, haha. I cost them money. Anyway.. often I am the host after the host left.

12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

If it is the same as in the DS, it is the user that has been in the session the longest (without leaving the lobby) that becomes the host.

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm often I am not the longest there, but hmm I believe you cause you know your server-stuff.

14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

To be fair I will undo my disagree and concede that there is another factor.
    Trust.
    Basically the server screens the connections as well as how often people are in the server (restarts when server program is closed) and factors that in along with how long people have been in the current session. If someone has been in relatively often their trust might be higher than the player online in the session the longest and thus become the host. But since P2P is a very temporary session, trust doesn't often become a factor. (Or so I believe. Only Dave can tell us more here.)

15. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

For now, thank you @Marius H and @Shriukan .

In time, it is set for the 25th of this month in Goiânia, the first stage of the Stock Car Brasil 2021 season. Who knows Reiza may present a big surprise until this date!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just popped in here and quickley scanned through, hav'nt read (sorry short on time) alot of posts about the old stock, or just generally, the Chevrolett Opala. I love it! I now know a few things about this car i would'nt have had it not been for Reiza

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I do not want to nag or anything, but is this still supposed to happen within the next days, or has this been pushed back to the April update? I keep coming back to this thread hoping for this complimentary update, but it seems to me that it's not going to arrive until the 30th.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

The first post in this thread confirms it’s been pushed back to May, unfortunately.

Edit: my bad. Didn’t read your post properly. As you were.

19. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@azaris Your brakes are too HAWT by the way lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

First look at the Fannnnntastic Brabham retro BT46B
    A revolution in F1 and different driving experience.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1