1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Leynad-and a few others- is the nr one defender of AMS2 here, on RaceDepartment and on Youtube. AMS2 is the best, is impeccable and sublime and the fault is only yours if you cannot reinvent your driving style and be one with the force and be the one :p!.
    Seriously no offence to anybody but just put him on ignore because here his responses are decent but he had no problems on telling other like GamerMuscle who raised similar issues with AMS2 that he cannot drive and other inappropriate words, so better not take the discussion further :) !
    As you say this is not being able to adjust to drive the car but some people do not understand and also they do not understand with their feedback they are not helping in any way the developer.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I have definitely witnessed their dynamic in multiple streams. It's basically like console wars with them two. It's way past the constructive phase. As much as we could blame Leynad for it, GM is sometimes the same way about AC. But it is funny to watch GM lose his patience and embrace his AC fanboy status quite transparently.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

What i do not like about F-Retro Gen2 class cars (it is present in gen1 too but a little less) is the fact that it is very easy to oversteer the car (especially with cold tyres) with the slightest pedal touch.

What i do not like is how this oversteer comes: it comes suddenly, can't explain it.. Reiza need to work on that part i guess.

On the other hand i really hope that we will someday see sparks with formula cars (i state it as a feature request:))

I reckon this would be very immersive!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. oez

Is it just me or is the Stock Car 2019 fantastic?

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yes, with ever evolving suspension and ground clearance regulation, this has almost disappeared sadly.
    F1 races would be sparkier than a steel mill on bumpy tracks, roughly up to Senna's fatal crash, I think.
    Can't think of any sim that does this properly? AMS2 simulates off-track dirt/grass quite nicely, and kicks up a rubber nugget every now and then. (I'm noticing these airborne objects more since I went VR)
    But yeah, sparks pretty please!

6. oez

Driving behind a pack of cars in proper rain with fog. Yikes!

The odd rock (or rubber nugget as you say?) hitting you with a loud pop when driving behind someone is a nice touch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

If I'm not mistaken I'm fairly sure sparks already emit from the Formula Classics, and given that those were the sparkiest era of F1 it makes sense why

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GearNazi

Not just you... I've said so all along.
    I think it's the best of the bunch. Handling has improved nicely over the months. Imo the newer gen's are getting there, but can't quite hit that mark.
    Some of the best close-racing with the AI in simland imo.

9. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I like it! I did my first championship with it! And I think it behaves quite different to the 2020 en 2021 stockcars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. oez

And rightly so since Stock Car Brasil is where it all started. Everything about the 2019 seems just a hair more spot on than the rest.

Info about the new generation 2020 car is a bit buried. Not on purpose of course, just that most info is in Portuguese. To me it's fundamentally less exciting and fun if you're a fan of DTM (pre-GT3...) or cars like that. Not saying it can't be fun or that the cars in AMS2 can't be improved, but I think 2020 just feels so lazy after high aero 2019 cars. They took a lot of that away from it.

That is to say it's nice to see them being noticeably different whether or not 2020/2021 needs more work.

2020... cursed year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Use the look back button at speed in most formula cars....sparks are already there when looking back, they just haven't made it into other camera views. ATM those sparks get repeated (view wise) on triple screens....meaning if the sparks appear on the centre screen, the same sparks are repeated on both outer screens. I reported this with images a while ago and was told sparks will be coming (properly) when possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People like GM and probably you think all cars should drive like in AC. I ditched this sim years ago because too many cars doesn't match the onboards and the discrepancies are obvious like with this 'glorious' Formula Hybrid every YouTuber hypes. I'm sick hearing from people that obviously don't watch real racing what's right or wrong with physics, lecturing Reiza about car-handling without any evidence of proof, just their feelings.

Yesterday I was watching hours onboards including the Porsche Cup and Porsche Cayman in the NSL-series and they bounce a lot unlike in other sims. When people are complaining about bouncing Porsches in AMS2 even they bounce for real, I don't care how they drive in AC or iRacing, because reality is still the benchmark. And when I can drive perfectly fine in AMS2 copying what I see in onboards, the physics must be much better than AC because doing it differently is faster with the latter. If taking more speed through a corner and throttle out three car lengths after the apex would be faster like in AC (and AMS1 btw), real racecar-drivers would drive like that as well, but they don't.

I was just racing the BMW M4 GT4 in iRacing and this car rotates great on the throttle, but it's IMO not understeering properly like iRacing in general. You can drive like in AC or ACC, but it's far slower with high chance of spinning and AMS2 is IMO a good preparation for iRacing, because it let you feel when driving wrong. In real life there is this massive weight you can't just flip around with 'lift-off-oversteer' and if making wrong decisions before the corner you can't just mid-corner drift out of this error. For me only the Madness Engine, BeamNG and DR2 simulates this Newton Laws of Physics reasonable enough and Raceroom got a lot better as well.

There are no proper onboard with this car on the limit I know of other than this sandbagger, but it produced up to 2 G while standing, so it generate at least twice the weight while driving through tight corners. I can imagine that this is causing massive understeer (just think about pushing it yourself with this underpressure) and a better system would cut off the fan under a certain speed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. GearNazi

That would explain it.... Was just seeing now if I could get any.(What she said...)
    But as you mentioned no bueno in VR-trackside cam, chase or any other cam I've tried.
    I will admit, I am not the most diligent reader of changelogs in the world, so this stuff will often be news to me. There are other things new to me in this build, ie unstable revving @ idle on cold engines, which I'm sure I've missed in the log?

Appreciate the info, thanks!:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Got a skinpack link please?

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Here you are, do you like it or is this to help fix the issue?
    ARC - Fantasy Skin Pack
    Also while I have you, cam you please look at the helmet view in triple screens? I've posted many pics of the issue and the newest helmet also has problems which I have recently posted images of! Very immersion breaking as is now :(

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

And probably not me, because I don't. Play. AC. At. All.
    Have you any answer you actually want to give to me, or are you completely occupied with that beloved strawman of yours?

17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

not so realistic when is a tt ghost:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. oez

:eek: Which cars?? I love detail like this.

I just did a 15 min Stock Car 2019 race at Interlagos. Holy smokes that’s good AI racing (100/80). Extremely close lap times and they go for gaps. And again the car is so alive. Tires change from overheating and wear so no lap is alike. Bumps upset the rear at the limit. Sometimes high speed curbs slip which causes a small correctable code brown.

This sets a high bar for other classes. I hope they can get there.

Unrelated, but I also did a GT1 race at modern Hockenheim where random weather gave me overcast. Near the end of the race sun was shining behind clouds and there were light showers in parts of the track. Simply amazing how nice random weather gets at times.

The racing itself was also good, but overall a bit sloppier. Some corners were slow for AI and I was up to two seconds faster looking at fastest laps.

I’m interested in doing this now...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems that the BT46 now correctly (?) understeers in tight corners with higher fan-speed instead of the opposite like during the beta. It makes more sense like that and maybe pushing the clutch even helps to get the fan-speed down. What certainly helps is braking early and being slow enough to rotate the car on entry for a good exit. Even today LMP-cars are slower in tight corners than GT3-cars, that are usually slower than no/low-downforce touring-cars despite the weight-differences. If you don't like the car, pick another one. From the lap-times the Retros are significantly faster than GT3-cars despite 40 years of progress in any aspect. Scott Mansell also said that the old F1-cars are far slower compare to the 90's cars and the pace would be nowadays in the F4-range. That's the reason I love them, because I'm too old for 90's F1 and later:D

• Like Like x 2
  20. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really do love that Reiza are giving us very unique content and content that we haven't seen anywhere else. The force feedback and handling seem to be getting better in some cars as well (GT1, Group C) but there are definitely areas where the physics have some work to be done.

The cars tend to catch, slide, catch, slide or suddenly catch upon corner entry depending upon the car. It really feels like the physics engine just wants you to constantly see-saw the wheel back and forth during corners. There's also the auto yaw correct that seems to snap the car back the right direction about 15 degrees if you try and spin it. I agree with what everyone else is saying about the understeer. The amount of understeer, particularly in low speed corners is terrible and needs to be addressed too.

I'd like Reiza to just double down on the pysics/ffb/setup improvements from here on out and see if they can get it sorted.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.