1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Which car was this?

2. 2ndLastJedi

Such a weird "bug" ! This is the absolute worst thing in AMS2 and I just don't understand why it is still here? Reiza just can't find the issue or they like it? Hopefully the former!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Stock Car 2019

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it was just my throttle input getting messed-up with the new build, but why would that happen?
    Had this with a lot of cars, but the e30 group A for sure. It happens at the start of quali when sat in the box. It goes away after a bit, which is why I came to think that Reiza have somehow simulated cold engines running poorly now. (And tbh, thoroughbred race engines tend to run especially awful when cold, and asked to idle for a bit.)
    I'd love to know the ins of this, and I'll try to replicate this now. Do a "test day", see if you get this to work for you.
    Got a bit of it with the e30 @ Imola '88, but then again it would depend on OAT I reckon? Shouldn't be half as bad in nice summer conditions.
    Can't seem to replicate it consistently. If it's something on my end, it doesn't bother me at all during racing, just disappears after a while. If it's a bug, I wish they leave it in. Cold starts from the box should bring it on, rev it up a bit, and it has a tendency to "hang" on high revs after throttle release. Also sputters and refuses(chokes) a bit when you bring in the throttle too optimistically for the engine temp. It's not the first time Reiza have done something, and it doesn't say in a log anywhere, which is fine. Besides me doing a half-c#cked job of reading these things.

Lemme know how you fare.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

i agree

6. GearNazi

Stock Car 2019 @ Interlagos, sparks confirmed in chase cam...(Live, not replay...)
    The GearNazi was simply not paying attention.
    Haven't seen any AI shed sparks so far though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Reiza had the SuperV8 with a really nice lumpy pit limiter in early builds but removed it for some reason?? V8SC sound bad (good) when on the pit limiter and that was simulated previously so I hope it will come back again.
    This cold start engine audio sounds promising (I haven't heard it yet) and I listen (lol) forward to hearing it.

8. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I agree 100%.
    I also get the feeling that many people are experiencing the same thing but are explaining it differently.
    That's why it would be handy I think to show the behaviour that you mean by a video. It even doesn't need to be your footage. That way I think the issues become much clearer and more defined I think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GearNazi

I wouldn't want to "fan" (that's right, I'm not done with that one yet...) the flame of misinformation.
    It's not so much the cold start, which is a brilliant idea, takes more than one go usually eh.
    It's just that it runs rough after a cold start, revs all over the shop like I described. That's one hell of a bug, if it is I mean, that is exactly what I'd expect a cold engine to give me. Surprised no one's brought it up yet, which doesn't help with the doubt. (Though I have a bottle of something here that will...)
    I'd very much appreciate some answers on this.
    I too am a sucker for depth and detail.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

im going to test the E30 now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Sorry to say i hear nothing like a cold rough engine in the BMW Group A car :( :confused:

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the low speed grip discrepancies (Some cars really make the impression of not having enough of it) and invisible rear recovery force:
    It's known and it's continuously changing. Sometimes i think, Reiza should re-release a build of the 1.0.0.3 era to give a direct comparison of what has changed. :D

An actual example: Changes like the unsprung mass contributors were actually focussed a lot towards the F-Retro class (in other classes it's not even that perceptible) and should show a little improvement, especially 1st and 2nd gear, when going off throttle and less overwhelmed washing out in faster corners.

I think, it's pointless to discuss about which simulations physics are more accurate and which aren't because after all, they all will lack certain things, just some are more in your face than others. Some things might be indeed more accurate, than our golden Benchmarks, some aren't.

AMS2 can show amazing things in physics, but also BS and this is true for every other sim too, it will always be an approximation.

If you don't enjoy a piece of content right now, try something different. Major physics revisions are planned to be toned down a bit now, what doesn't mean, there will be no improvements further down the road in the future, so don't panic guys and stay away from attacking each other about it, we are still sharing the same passion! :)

• Like Like x 4
  13. 2ndLastJedi

A sound i don't like is the gear CLUNK from some cars like the 2019 Stock car! It is deafening and from a paddle shift car i find this sound far to loud. I hope we can tone that down without lowering the whine also.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. GearNazi

Isn't that typical... It "drives" me nuts these things. I hope someone @ Reiza picks up on this, and it makes it into the game, and into a changelog. If it's not a thing, and something's buggin' at my end, it should at least be a legitimate thing simulation wise, at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

just like a person can get hot headed at someone who says they like playing the game, hey mate? And its just a game.

Which got another good patch. I wonder how all the graphs have helped from those guys.

The ONLY guy doing graphs and adding to enjoyment levels just now is steelcast on youtube. There needs to be more like him.

I am philosophically speaking about enjoyment and the minimum effort to get it - this is your leisure time.

Another good patch. And people like yourself will readily admit they 'don't know how it drives' and probably use a logitech g27 or something, which is fine, its definitely better than the people who use controllers and are boisterous.

We never will get that accuracy in the first person physical world object to compare. So what relativity matters?

Just enjoy it. And see my next quote for context so you do not feel singled out or something, its not that.

And that the person saying that is probably very good at driving beyond the standard average 50-75% level good. He would probably be good even on a controller or joystick haha

I look deep into what this guy says and agree. EG, last patch take GT1's out at Spa and low speed turn, onto the track at default settings - well you basically can't, first pit-turn... and in this patch, you don't even have to use setup to get rid of that, I think anyway, but turning is definitely improved.

The turning circle was basically under the standard 12 meters or some such of a road car. Big sedans can do 14m easy. The car in AMS2 - maybe 25 meters lol (back then, default) people say - but this was happening at 50-80km/s hour.

The super v8s iirc/ford falcon/commodore can do 11.5 or 12.5 meters

guys, at 10km/hr.

So I wonder, but its definitely tighter now, I still wonder if default behavior is a larger turning circle, its just that the pit lanes are narrow and people like to go fast?

Sometimes this goes too far when they say 'learn to drive' indeed. Even when iracing got real live drivers of race cars playing those same people said those cars were too hard to drive in the sim.

I think, at least, the cars should grip.

Take another title - the audi r8 in RF2. I am not sure if its a mod or what - but it grips and thats amazing and fun. Its semi realistic, I'm sure...but you won't find me wondering if it is or its not, I am more in line with is it fun.

I am just glad we are at a point when much of AMS2 is 'realistic', in lieu of reference points of actually owing and/or driving a race car like those in the titles.

Something anyone can do - buy a motorbike, if they're old enough and I am NOT condoning this to be honest, theoretical for online purposes only - and race it around the local track. Keep the revs high and lean over as much as you dare. Even if its only 80km/hr max or some such - this is a lot more faster and daring than any one of us drive on the road. Its a lot of fun.

Thats getting closer to what they want to experience and much cheaper. With 50% of a cars grip and 2 less brakes. You'll appreciate AMS2 more then, and its fun levels. And still then, none of us have actually driven these things - so I am going to wonder about fun levels, and hope it goes way past forza horizons; which it did in patch 0.0.0.1.

But I am joking somewhat - I am sure people have seen split screen youtube vids of a porsche gt3 at Nord or somewhere and it 'looks' real. Maybe we should survey the driver about how much effort it takes to turn the wheel.

But I guess AMS2 fun levels definitely increased. Maybe I had more fun in july last year? Who knows, when it was fresh - but now the attention is turning to realism, and I guess the fun to be had now is in the racing, which is the point of the title, so its all a win, really.

First thing anyone would/should generally (generally....) do a while ago is to soften the front suspension and sway bar even, as much as you could get away with, in order to control the cars better - thankfully its far more diverse now and you can set them up depending what you want, even going way stiffer, depending and using other means.

This title progressed a heck of a lot since january. I really have zero cause for complaint because if they could have done anything more; well I highly doubt that was possible to do any more than they have in that timeframe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Isn't that the butterfly valve adjusting? If the game does this kind of thing I think thats really cool myself. And the O2 sensors which being so 'analogue' not much was digital on the thing, and it really fluctuated with temperature and the like, not very accurate - actually I mean its 'effective' but not accurate like a modern coil on - ignition and digital drive by wire setup like I use now. Years ago you would start a car on a cold morning and it would go to 2000 revs, down to 1400 settling and jump around a little as it retarded inside and changes mixture of something, old mr2 engine it was, not very big 2 liter, and it would struggle all around and settle much later on. Even though it was all alloy, maybe some things were clogged on it a little but a pretty solid engine.

I drive a big bore long stroke engine now and its night and day how far we've come from the 90s. By rights this engine should start harder, perhaps, but the reality is it starts way easier than those engines. Even on the coldest mornings here, which is basically 8 degrees I would say sub tropical winter when you go to start it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

I admit I can't keep up with the level of the discussion that goes on here, on the very specifics of how cars handle on this and that part too much. All I wanted to say is that I love seeing the game get constant love from the devs over and over.

One concern I've always had with AMS2 is knowing if it "pays itself" in a long term cycle. I love the updates, the DLCs, everything, but I wonder if the whole business model is working for them and I sure as hell hope so <3

If I am to place any "complaints", it's on the polish mostly. Interfaces, HUD, race stuff like names and performance levels and so on. But then again, when I look at the credits and see the game has like, 3 programmers, I give them a break.

In other words, way to go Reiza!

20210417170013_1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. Jack Ulstad

Jack Ulstad New Member

OMG Renato! What are trying to do to me, turn me into an AMS 2 only sim racer? First the Lotus 79 absolutely thrilled me with its driving experience, and now you come out with the BT46B to race against it? I've been wanting to see the "fan car" in sim racing for a very long time, and this new release of yours has completely blown me away! BRAVO!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I see no point in comparing one car vs the same or similar in any other sims.

If we are only competing against either Ai or other racers with the same equipment , then it’s just a matter of adapting.

that’s why i like default setup lobbies as it’s just run what you brung ,and find the strength and weakness of your car and make it work, to the best of your ability, knowing everyone else is got the same things to overcome.

the only thing with some cars that have a poor characteristic is that it can make each lap a bit of a lottery in terms of if you’re going to remain in the battle or just make a tiny error that leads to a big spin and continue the race in a lonely fashion.

It’s just more fun when the handling is a bit more predictable and you can push it a bit in battle mode

• Like Like x 2
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you guys talkiing about with shakers or through FFB? This lumpy idle effect works really well with bass shakers and simvibe / simhub. Simhub better as you can add in white noise so it adds lumpiness / roughness to the idle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.