1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There can be still liveries showing up twice, even if you have set the correct number of opponents.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, just stumbled across you and Jedi's coversation about tactile feedback. I might have summit you may be interested in.
    1st of all I have to say that out of all the sims i've tried it with so far AMS2 has the best feedback through simhub, also it works with more of the effects availible in simhub than anything else (for example you can use the ABS feedback availible in simhub with AMS2 whereas RF2 does not send this signal according to simhub, also with ACC some of the rumble strips just don't output).
    My experience has been imporoved massively by using this software in conjunction with a system my friend Pete has engineered and sending to me to test and work out settings in simhub (awsome software!), but we are using motors, not transducers, in comparison to a buttkicker say, they work damn well! No amp reqiured! Anyway this is a video i made on the subject. Im going to make another probably focusing more on the simhub settings we use which you might like, but ive not been making vids for a week due to not feeling too good, I will try and get the follow up done as soon as im up to it. Hope its of some use.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Haven't you heard, the twitter army say you need to say sheshe o_O:rolleyes::confused::(

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence and @Renato Simioni, can you guys supply a sort of list of tracks with the best AI calibrations, and possibly with specific cars on those tracks? That will give us an opportunity to enjoy the very best that AMS2 have to offer currently.
    Personally I'm not too fussed about all the very very specific physics behaviours and sounds and AI behaviours etc, but overall I'm enjoying AMS2 more that any other sim atm so that says a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, that sounds cool, will look at them when I can, when you say use motors, what do you mean?

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I asked the same question a week or so ago on his channel with no reply...so will wait to see the answer here ;)

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Does not only show up with ground effect cars, but others, too. The only game which has the same behaviour is this pc/pc2 mess (even worse in pc 2).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No my good man but just as I have a good laugh about such nonsense then then I also have a good laugh when I hear that we are not allowed anymore to presuppose we have have 2 genders but allways have to be so political correct that we allways have to excuse: Yes sorry I know there are about 64+ different socalled gender identities. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. F1Aussie

Will be interesting to know for sure.

10. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

I am delighted to say, deleting the documents folder fixed it for me.
    The car felt horrible in every way you could think of.

The Lotus 79 once again feels magnificent, as does the Brabham.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

I know, sorry mate i've not been too well (as in the last part of of this lockdown BS has really fecked up my head) and hav'nt been able to communicate too well. I will get out a vid that should answer some questions as Im starting to feel a little better, presenting myself on camera ive just not been up to of late, not only that other commitments have got in the way, lifes timing is not always on our side, but in answer to your question: They are shakeit motors from China. Thats all i can really tell you till i make the next video as I need to be certain of certain values before then

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Small motors with revolving weights inside, shakit motors. Can't say too much until i sort out next video, i know alot of folks want answers, i will get there, just been a bit fragile of late. No Boo Hoo's poor me, thats just the reason i've not been so active for a week

13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

In order to build that you need an Arduino Uno board + motor shield (supporting at least 4 motors but you can mount multiple shields) + massaging seat motors (there are different models with different power/strength) + PSU.
    This is a rough example how you can build it, there are different ways/combinations to achieve the same results.
    There was a company selling a cuscion for simrigs/racing seats fulfilled with such motors, while their software was bad you can use SimHub with those too and have some good results too.
    Pretty sure this will be explained by our beloved TT on his next video btw @F1Aussie and @2ndLastJedi

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

20 is better than 18, but still by far not enough to have a race with full grids of classic cars.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. F1Aussie

Interesting, might Google them, hope you are feeling better. The last 12 months have been pretty weird all round.

16. F1Aussie

Okay, that sounds quite technical, above my limited ability, lol.

17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

WE....DEMAND!!... ANSW... :p Haha, sooo bad...;)

18. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I think there are a few problems that could be solved. But we have to show what we mean.
    Again I think it would be far more constructive if instead of using many words to describe the problem is to show it by video (doesn't have to be your own).
    I think it will be much clearer then. I think there are still major physics things that are wrong that some are experiencing. I know that some are trying to explain it away by saying that it is the real behaviour of the car. But I don't think it is.
    It seems like some cars still have some leftover residue from Project Cars and some not, or have unique problems. I see it and I also read it here.

19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could easily be reinforced a bit.
    [​IMG]

20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure mate..? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.