1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just in case, that your post kinda' suggests, that the development doesn't know, that there are issues or what the issues are: Reiza knows about it and is on it all the time and it has improved already (and is known to need more in the future). I can tell you first hand. Not just by videos, but by discussing actual results first hand, testing and even measuring things.

Regarding that, the last big revisions on tires, aero and driveline in the last changelogs should be quite enough acknowledgement of the situation, to show you, that things are in the process of being further adressed, even were considered to be so important, to mess up the whole AI calibration again, due to resulting straightline speeds and car improvements, which gave extra load in addition to the developers.
    Because with some it is the case.

Even with quirks, that every physics engine has to deal with: Just because the content compared to own benchmarks is less enjoyable- or more odd to drive, doesn't mean, it's wrong or broken. (all the time at least)

I know, we are measuring on high standards here, having the predecessor in mind. But also AMS1 had a hard time with some things, even if not that visible and without a certain stigma, that will be brought up all the time.

Of course others do. Some might have problems, but is it so hard to imagine, that some cars are snap oversteering because they actually should and may require different driving approaches?
    Sorry, but it's a pretty bold statement, that pCars2 is the only game, were cars are snappy out of corners, btw..
    Don't get me wrong, i also think, some cars are severely flawed still, but it's not the majority anymore, like it is displayed of some sort here right now. :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence
    Can you tell me wich one?
    Please...

3. Sib

Sib New Member AMS2 Club Member

That sounds like good advice. Please could you follow it? ;)

4. CrimsonEminence

"Severely" flawed? Gr.A and Porsche Cup are the first ones, coming into my mind right now. (not particularly diff related but overall) Then there are some of the lighter and less powerful cars, suffering from a sticky diff but many of them are now more enjoyable to drive. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Yeah for me it is not possible to know what Reiza sees as a problem in the physics and what they consider correct. I also don't know if they know what people are talking about because it is sometimes vague and can mean many things (here footage can help).
    I agree that it is sometimes wrong driving style or real behaviour of the car. But I still see too much justification for the wrong behaviour of the car and try to explain it away.
    From another post. I agree that you can't get everything out of onboard footage (because you don't feel the sensation of the car) and setup counts. But the difference is sometimes still too big to explain it away that way.
    The understeer and initial grip I sometimes see is wrong imo. Also, some seesawing I see is very wrong in my eyes. And there are a couple of other things.
    I don't know what Reiza regard as done in physics and whatnot. But they have said that the major physics thing is done. And that is a worry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I like that others do that. I don't own the game so my views would not count very heavily. I think that would be best used by people who have the game and want to specify what in their view is wrong.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

You would be surprised, how many things are rectified with big effect by minor (i actually don't like to read this word in changelogs, it sounds so...minor :D ) adjustments. :)
    They do all the time and reports also are understood and acknowledged. (like mentioned) ^^

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have Reiza commented anywhere about simracing.gp integration? I know that it’s supposed to be ‘coming soon’, but do we know anything more concrete?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm waiting the guys from justrace.net

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As long they don't force real names, scanned ID and social media etc. Then I am happy to see it coming. But I also did read the privacy policy and it scared me how much they want to know.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

we are quite there mate, we just added AMS2 and ACC, now finalizing a couple of things like Elo for safety/ranking and server management :)
    Btw, being mentioned here is such a pleasure, we were overwhelmed by the big competitors, thanks for your support means a lot for us

• Like Like x 5
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

some cars? many. and it it is not the case in iracing, rfactor 1 and 2, raceroom racing, ac or acc, which are the current major sims out there. but pc2 and ams 2 have this behaviour in an exaggerated way.

13. CrimsonEminence

Yes, you said some cars.
    Now it's the vast majority. (I knew it was implied before, though)

That's not very precise and makes the impression of intensification, to make a point now. For sure, some cars, that shouldn't, if their driveline would act correctly (F309 for example) are definetly showing still quite edgy on-throttle behaviour out of corners, but it's not the majority of cars anymore.
    The snap, i experience, is more, when coming into 2nd gear range, while braking in AMS2, because braking clues are not communicated that good right now, and lockups hard to determinate. IMO (And also the sticky diff unlocking suddenly with some cars will contribute for sure)

14. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I'm waiting for Group A to get throttle oversteer back. The Merc is such a boring car to drive right now. So add me to the club that thinks Group A is severely flawed. But I will also say that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. I just like how they are in Raceroom and how they used to be in AMS2. And that the diff settings don't seem to make any sense. Though credit where credit is due they did become less scary under braking etc. along the way :)

15. CrimsonEminence

Their diff makes sense, their suspension and tires are more likely the problem here. (Lifting inside tires too much, for example, bouncy suspension etc.)
    The diff is just reacting to it and unlocks severely fast as a result. Another example for why the things aren't as easy to determinate, as they seem at first glance and why not everything is a pCars residue or differential related.

16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Ah yeah I guess I should start saying "the rear axle does not behave well for purposes of driving fast-like", cause that kind of includes everything related to it and doesn't blame the diff :D. Besides I started thinking after I wrote that that the settings are pretty open on the power/neutral side so yeah they do make sense without load on the other tire...

And in fact isn't it so that even beloved geared LSDs produce one tire fire if either wheel has practically no load and resistance? Just as a bit of "things that will not magically fix everything" trivia...

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'd never heard of it till just now. Need to look into it now. Can you share any more info?

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

At least a little bit of this effect is left there in each car I have driven so far in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, there's a lot of ambiguity surrounding this whole thing. I don't think it is completely clear at this point with what engine they are going, not that I could find anyway. Since it's slated for next year, I hope we get more disclosure later in the year.[/QUOTE]
    I would doubt it's on RF2 engine... BTW the studio is at work on Nascar as top priority according to rumors.. So...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget that ground effect cars needed to be extremely rigid to keep the ground effect going at speed through undulations. As a result and with the garbage tires they had mechanical grip was BAD for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.