1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

... most noticeable for me in the Formula V10 G2 with TC off..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Coanda

I don't think you were that harsh. I've seen other developers really tear some people a new a$$hole..

I think everyone here understands that It must way you down at times.

ehhh it happens from time to time; no big deal..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Played AMS 1 again for a hour or so. Was genuinely impressed with several factors; the menu, the music, the AI, the cars, the FFB, etc. It also had some visual bugs that AMS 2 also has: Popups, AA-issues, etc. I am really dazzled to feel the Reiza in both of the games. Both play similar, yet they are run at differtent engines. I can also feel that AMS 2 is really a successor of AMS 2. Specially the FFB and the AI are a step up. By a mile. Ofcourse I do miss the wobble/roadfeedback of AMS 1 it has something special. I do some of the little details AMS 1 has; like towing, the wheelrotation, etc I am wondering where AMS 2 will be in 2024. And if VALVe decides someday that AMS 2 is root of all evil.... There's always AMS 1 to fall back onto. It's just that good as well.

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Apex

Apex Active Member

Had a blast driving early Retros on various old tracks yesterday vs the AI. I was pleasantly surprised to see Renato joining several races, and I quite enjoy how the AI drivers race hard but clean. There's none of the PC2 paranoia where you get manhandled from behind if you are .5 MPH too slow in a corner.

Good stuff!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

What is the correct procedure to completely wipe all AMS2 saved data......cheers

6. Coanda

try this: format c: /fs:NTFS <<<------- JOKE INSERTED HERE - Since some people lack a sense of humour and take everything so literal don't do this.. o_O

I think you should be able to just remove the Automobilista 2 folder located in your user/documents folder..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Delete/Rename the Automobilista 2 folder in your Windows documents folder. This Automobilista 2 folder contains all replays/screenshot media, setups, settings etc.
    This basically is enough to have AMS2 "fresh" at manufacturer default, because after this step, the game will create a completely new profile folder.

EDIT: Of course you can also format your harddrive, like mentioned above, this will ensure a definetly fresh reset also of your OS in addition! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Coanda

Does anyone know if the Omega Stock Car that ran in the Brazilian series between 1994-1999 used power steering..?

To solve this conundrum I have been searching for weeks and even chatting with two current owners of this vehicle however any information I have found only points to vehicles maintained after 2010. Everything I have found has electro-hydraulic power steering however it could be likely that these were fitted afterwards and not when the official series ran. I am trying and find a decent engine bay shot or video from the 90's which seems to be virtually impossible..

Any info on the series would be appreciated..

9. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Mechanical steering.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coanda

Thank you very much WD!

I was a little confused for a moment as I know this term for boating..

Curious as you have very good knowledge; do you know when they started using power steering in Brazilian Stock Car..?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Hi mate, I can't confirm this, but I believe it was introduced in the early 2000s. Period when Stock Cars had major changes like tubular chassis and V8 engine for example.Sorry, but it is difficult to find this information, since for each season, a new technical regulation.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello folks, just quickley popped in here and had a quick scan through. See folks are talking about deleting their Doc's folder again, have i missed summit here? I've now simraced for over a week now but, I know recent updates have not required that, but are folks doing it anyway and getting good results?

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Nope. I've deleted mine only once in the entire time between alpha testing and today.

Delete only if you are having a problem that cannot be resolved in any other way unless you enjoy the tedium of setting up all your controllers and configurations over and over ;)

Most car-related problems can be solved by resetting the individual car set-up back to default in the UI. If that doesn't work and multiple cars are giving you issues, you can just delete the car set-ups folder and not the entire AMS 2 folder. That folder is here:

\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\nnnnnnnn\automobilista 2\tuningsetups

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok brilliant, i've been off the scene for over a week now so cheers for confiming that!

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

And, also, if you are having FFB issues, same process. Just delete the "ffb_custom_settings.txt" file in the top-most folder so it can be recreated. No need to delete everything else.

If you are having controller issues, just delete the controller config file and not everything else. It is here:

\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\nnnnnnnn\automobilista 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

16. Tarmac Terrorist

What if you just have, well, issues??? Still can't find the damn "Nutcase" folder to delete anywhere!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Thiago Oliveira

Thiago Oliveira New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if this is the right place to post but anyways. I've started racing on wet weather lately and I've noticed that for the modern stock cars the wipers animation is out of sync with the water disappearing. It only happens with the modern stock cars 2018-2020, all other cars I've tested are fine.
    Already reinstalled, checked files with steam but nothing's changed.
    Anyone has the same issue?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

@Renato Simioni is there a possibility to get the Race Sim Studio F1 cars in Automobilista 2? maybe as a Paid DLC? I would love to have those cars in AMS2, they drive, look and sound amazing, I would happily pay for it. specially with SHR sound mod for the formula 1 cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's a great idea but just seems rather unlikely, given that we already have very solid representations of many of RSS's offerings (save for the GT pack, come on Reiza we're THIS close to a modern GTR2, 2000s GT would be the perfect addition :p)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Now that you mention it: Wet weather racing in this game could be perfect, but it just falls short for me at the moment, and I've tested it quite extensively over the last few days.

Thing is this: The visuals don't match the grip levels on a drying track. Slicks provide far too much grip too early (tbh they generally provide far too much grip in the wet - on a rain-soaked track with slicks (weather was rain, not "light rain") I lost only about 7-8 seconds a lap, which didn't feel accurate: Slicks should have a far more significant grip drop-off on a completely wet track.

Being able to drive fastest laps when the track only had the barest inkling of a dry line wasn't great either.

Also, it should be far, far, far more harmful to leave the dry line. As of now, barely anything happens in terms of grip, it's all quite "tame".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.