1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Oh yeah, a GT1 / GTN pack (ref. RSS) would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Limited weeks running, impression from all the above is very positive, certainly the fan car and even in default once one understands how to drive it and maximise the available downforce the car is a beast and its no wonder it thrashed the competition back in the day, seems the same in sim so accurate I guess. We were wondering if evenly matched humans in Lotus can beat humans in Bt46b and will test soon.
    Managed to run the Gen 1 last night online and first time in the bt44 (default setup) dry lap 1 car was noticeably better/nicer easier on turn in and exit FFB felt better. Weather was set wrong so instead of light rain and nice drying line, we had rain with fog that proved tricky due to larger puddles but doable on slicks. 2nd race using wets, I still have the impression the wets have still limited grip (imo :)) Still much better in wet than some months ago, others commented on lack of grip but I dont know if they had slicks or wets on. What was nice was that out of the many that joined at Modern Interlagos dry with rain/fog , most (8, I think) stayed the 15 laps in difficult conditions esp in the Fan car! few incidents and no netcode issues I was aware of or reported.
    Grats again to late joiner @ramsay taking win. from back of field don't you make any errors ? lol
    Grats to @Koala63 in race 1 great control in trick conditions

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just popped on to say hi to Renato and the team and the community here.

Wow the games come on so much colour me impressed!

Hey Renato when's the ps5 version out!?? Hehe

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if we're ever going to see 87-93 era Stock Car Brasil? It was an aerodynamic prototype-like body over the Opala chassis. Really interesting and cool. From what I understand it would complete Stock Car Brasil in AMS2 in terms of different car designs. There's still a lot to fill between 2000-2019, but I'm not sure if that's anywhere near as interesting as covering design history :).

• Like Like x 5
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Someone is noticing some rare stuff from look to apex thing in .40 ? Is like that camera is not quite in the same track

6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Of course my wheelbase (csw v2) just kicked the bucket after 6-1/2 years. Chances are the next updates will be epic while I wait for replacement parts (if possible).

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

CSL DD is your next wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

CSL DD is going to be everyone's next wheel and I'm all for it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not everyone's........ Stil love my argon osw.

10. Marius H

Hehe. It's likely CSW DD will be my next. If they can fix the drivers and the review of the CSL DD is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Uhuh... And it's actually "available", without a year-long backlog, or more. AT the advertised msrp!
    People need to learn lessons a bit here, and check their "hypedness". This is sadly not 2019 anymore.
    Not too chuffed with the optional "boost kit" either. Just provide a decent PSU with it that unlocks the wheel's full potential. Now that would impress me...
    Ideally there'd be at least half a dozen manufacturers competing each other to death around the 500ish €/$ pricepoint.
    I'll admit that it looks promising. It's just when and if...
    If at least one or two more players would jump into this sorta' pricepoint with a similar offering, it might open things up.
    As it stand, Fanatec are not really being punished for their Apple-y approach to things sometimes.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Marius H

Yes, ofcourse. I stand with you 5Nm should be just 8nm right out of the box or within he driver, etc etc etc. Its crazy, but Fanatec if CSL DD is awesome and great.. then Fanatec has a monopoly cause Logitech and Thrustmaster are no more.. Well perhaps for the people that do not want to spend 1000 euro for a base, wheel and pedals. Logitech and Thrustmaster will just sell gears and belts (without innovation) for the masses. 300-400 euro for a complete package. We will see. The higher-tier companies eventually also have to make mainstream DD's. if they wanna survive.

But ok. We are offtopic now. haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GearNazi

This is what I'm hoping for, that this will draw in more "players", and they undercut each other a bit.
    The thread is very, very quiet anyway. I suspect it's getting ready for a "pre-update fight".
    I'm the GearNazi, so the ThreadNazi can come and silence us, if he wants to...:whistle:

14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You've got to be kidding me. Fanatec products are often out of stock. Especially the DD1 in the first year. Everybody and their mother are going to order this CSL DD. My assumption is that the CSL DD will be hard to get in the beginning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GearNazi

That's what I was aiming at... "Given" al the aforementioned conditions.
    I took it the sarcasm came across.
    Didn't want to be too much of a negative Nancy, but we all suspect how this will play out.
    I'm beginning to seriously despise all the pre-hyping of products. Just produce it already, and stand behind it properly. It's all we ask...
    Be a miracle to obtain one this year, I reckon.
    Also very curious about the pricing of the "boost kit".

Edit: I'd be more than happy to be completely wrong on this one...

More edit:("By The Way...") Took a couple months for them to get me the CSL pedals, and that was before most of the current misery...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please try to stay on topic:
    Discussions related to the latest release version of Automobilista 2.

If you want to discuss Fanatec products on this forum, you can do that in the General Discussion forum

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Hopefully they've done accurate sales forecasting and organised manufacturing well in advance to align with the release date, and ensure they have plenty of stock to meet demand on day 1.

Who am I kidding, most of us will be waiting for months.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could be worse: it would cost me about US$ 1.157,00 to import just the base, taxes and exchange rates applied.

Anyway, any news on whats coming with the next big update? I really wish Reiza would focus on the hosting features we are lacking, or at least tackle many of the many tiny bugs and inconveniences all around.

No need for more content for now, please! Just fixing stuff all around would be amazing already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Long Beach tho

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status: