1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes it sounds setting related as i don’t sense any hint of anything that would cause oscillating.

2. Kuku Maddog

i’ve been fiddling around with the kart portion and have made some pretty good progress by disabling in kart code centering and force o that it just uses main file trail based values.
    and also widened OS relax .
    i’m now looking to create more realistic tyre resistance or wheel weight as i feel like karts should start of quite heavy and get lighter as speed builds .

3. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

Hi
    the oscillation takes place on all cars using a low-rotation steering wheel type f1 or gt3, on spa circuit or other it is the same.
    I also specify that this oscillation takes place on version 3.5 but less pronounced.

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ok, weird, it should be solid, what settings are you running in game & also in fanatec software?

5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Ive not played AMS2 much lately but tried your file just now. FYI, they give almost 0 oversteer information. Not sure if it could be the wheelbase difference, or of its Karstens experimental files issue.

6. Kuku Maddog

@Oka
    Just did a race with the camaro, and I must admit it’s not the best feeling car ( Never has been to be honest), but it does have some inconsistencies, it is more grainy and at one stage while sitting still it felt like there was expected resistance turning , but less turning left. But next run it was normal.
    It probably has the thinnest tyres in the game so not much sidewall give and deformation. It might be a car that needs high power steering or something? , but it’s also displays complete washout of grip, which might explain lack of self alignment at high angles.

but generally it’s just a poorly modelled version I feel, it’s always felt road noise and micro bumps worse and often find myself turning fx down .

7. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

ff 100
    sen auto
    dri-1
    fei 40
    for 100
    spr 100
    dpr 100
    in game
    ffb 65
    lfb 10
    fx 55
    damping 10

8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I tried both now (GT1 Merc @ Spa 93)

3.6: First impressions, very nice, rubbery tyre feel. No issue with oscillations. In some ways I prefer it to 3.5, but there seems to be something missing, maybe under braking or hard accelerations...? In the end, I have gone back to the 3.5 file. I find this file feels a little less 'rubbery', bit gives me more information when driving on the edge of grip.

9. DirtyStonerNL

DirtyStonerNL New Member

For anyone using the Simagic m10 wheelbase, use the fanatec high-end custom ffb file and you won't be disappointed :)

In Racemanager tool I use following settings:
    upload_2021-4-25_16-53-16.png
    In game I use following settings:
    upload_2021-4-25_16-52-31.png

Pretty subjective of course but I fly with these settings :)

10. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The file custom is ok ... it is just a defect of the game in the KArt especially only with the Kart Shifter 125 (250 is ok) that I can fix just by lowering almost the oversteer and 0 downstreer with relax ... look the AI at Burskerd Long (I am not referring to the clashes) even running alone during a curve they go head and tail without any sense, or they take a bribe without control ... to take a test, try to make sharp turns by braking aggressively in corner entry ... by reducing the oversteer and downstreer you can remove the defect, when it improves I will raise it again as I use it for all other cars ... ;)

@Shadak @Karsten Hvidberg @Kuku Maddog
    EDIT: Sorry I was wrong ... I found the solution ... or rather the problem is the tighten, even if in karts it is set to zero, I don't know if this is normal but karts adjust without it in general part ... moreover, leaving the karts alone, if I enable it in the general part it alters all the necessary adjustments and therefore I had to twist all parameters including the curves .... I'm trying to tune again without ... I hope to be able to obtain a similar center ... wait

EDIT 2: I tried to sketch a tuning similar to my previous one but without tightening, the curves were fine by default, I raised the center to 0.8 and some usual values ... in the game, however, to compensate for the lack of tightening, I had to raise by 10 the values of the cursors ... the karts are now fine, I added only one line to bring the center back to 0.3, as 0.8 was too much, even if I still have to refine it ... I attach file EXP1 for Logitech G920 ;)

Gain 78 LFB 68 FX 68 DP 68

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

We were quite productive tonight with a new file so will see when Karsten is ready to release it :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

rFuktor 3.6.

Finally @Panos Schoino and @Shadak stepped in to clean a few missteps out :)
    Also fixes some issues that have been reported.

* Oversteer on high angles issue that was introcuded in some of the recent files (@Oka this is for you.)
    * Oversteer adjusted.
    * Grip loss feel adjusted.
    * Scrub slower again. If scrub now is not working well for you, please adjust "scrub_frq_scale" to 1.0 or so, but at 0.3 it feels great on DD.
    * Texture scale adjusted down, but then large bumps adjusted up.
    * Tyre deform scale adjusted.
    * Center relax adjusted.

High end file attached.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Feels good to me , but then looking at the file it wont surprise , as it’s not far from my previous tunes.
    I prefer both centering and force to be trail scale method, i like the way the wheel moves quicker and get nice feeling of wheel going lite on subtle counter steer mid corner.

i will probably turn scrub freq up a little : ) but that’s personal preference.

14. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hello Karsten
    On my TSPC Racer, I compared v3.5 and v3.6.
    I have to say I prefer V3.5.
    V3.5 is really very very good for me, very dynamic, with a full center. In comparison, v3.6 is also great, but compared to V3.5, I don't feel the dampers as much anymore. Which made me think of RF2 almost gone on my steering wheel.
    I stay for the moment with V3.5 which really makes me happy!
    Thank you

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

FYI: @Shadak Just pounded at the file as he was not quite happy about some of the edits, so a new version is likely posted later today.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stakanov

Hey @Karsten Hvidberg i can't wait to try the modified version of @Shadak ;) ... for now I'm working on your latest 3.6 file without tightening for my G920 ... I'm excited because I think something wonderful is coming out with a simple tuning which I will apply on your next release, so let's talk about your last file with almost default values and only some effects added or changed.

Having said the above, I have only one question to ask you ... that is, the central oscillation of the steering on a straight line which (taking your hands off the steering wheel) grows exponentially as you increase speed.
    Everything seems useless and in order I tried:
    - LFB High (68) and Low (28);
    - center_full Normal (0.3) and high (0.8);
    - relax_center high (1.2), normal (0.5) and low even zero (0);
    everything seems to affect almost nothing on the oscillation, and to avoid it I just need to keep my hands on the steering wheel, as soon as I leave it resumes.
    The tested car is the V10 Gen 2 but in a less aggressive way it also happens with the other GT3, GT4, etc. cars. ...

Among other things, on a Logitech basis, I must say that even keeping the relax_center disabled at zero (or disabling it with the # symbol) the situation does not change ... what I have heard a lot about DD with high LFB happens and it is impossible for me to remove it ... is it possible that the relax_center has such a limited effect ???

I can live even without the solution to this problem and just keep a hand on the wheel so that it does not happen, but out of curiosity I wanted your opinion!!!

Thanks always in advance !!!

EDIT: I FOUND A FIX ... MY G920 BELIEVES TO BE A DIRECT DRIVE :) ... WITH LFB AT 0, A MINIMUM OF OSCILLATION REMAINS BUT STABILIZES AND DOESN'T GROW ... IT SEEMS MORE A VIBRATION IN THE CENTER ... CRAZY THINGS BUT IF THERE IS NO OTHER SOLUTION I WILL TRY TO TUNE THE FILE WITH THIS o_O

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

Was the oscillation always a problem, or only after the last versions?

18. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

[QUOTE = "Karsten Hvidberg, post: 129259, membre: 13679"] L'oscillation a-t-elle toujours posé problème, ou seulement après les dernières versions? [/ QUOTE]
    oscillation identique à la version 3.5 qui a une meilleure sensation avec un csw 2.5
    oscillation identical to version 3.5 which has a better feeling with a csw 2.5

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stakanov

Good question, but I think it has always existed, only I felt it a little less using the thitening, this improved the center a little, making it more stable but it has (as you could see from my files) the huge defect of unbalancing everything else, in fact I had to upset the values, the relax, the curves, the OS, the DS, etc. ... yes I think I can say that it has always been there are not rFuktor files ... now also tried the Formula Ultimate and it's the same, to bear it and make it become let's say a vibration I have to keep the LFB between 0 and 4. .. but if I have to tune it so I do it for me no problem ... the situation is coherent and enjoyable ;)

20. Stakanov

@LE GAULOIS ... it's not the file, the difference you feel frome 3.5 to 3.6 is just the different feeling for the slight code changes between one version and another ... ;)

@Karsten Hvidberg I did a quick test with a file previous to the rFuktor and without changes that is default and it is the same ... if I enable the thitening it is reduced but it is always noticeable and increasing however the problem arises that it is no longer current at least the values and curves ... a bit like I did before to find balance

If I lower the LFB, on the other hand, the exponential growth of the sway in acceleration on the center starts and stabilizes just like a steering wheel that wobbles on the roughness of the asphalt should be ... the same thing in braking starts to sway slightly stopping at the locking of the wheels. .. in short, between 0 and 4 it seems consistent with how a steering wheel should be!!!