1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

More tracks are always great. More cars not always that great.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

That's true. We're swimming in cars right now and I enjoy it when the existing ones get updated with better default setups, tire improvements etc.

The promised average car/month pace for this year wasn't too crazy I think. And if that average is driven up by upcoming packs later this year then those are all towards revenue and towards more development months funded in this long term project. It's probably a lot different than last year's freebie fest - which to be fair upped the base game's value and widened the audience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

Just a thought, but might it be an idea to have the BT46 'ban car' in a class of its own?

Considering that the car only raced once (I believe) it would give us (purists) the option to include it in a multiclass race if we want to or just have the 'normal' Retro Gen2s on the track.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Me too.
    There are many cars and series and several of them still in EA stadium, like the trucks and karts (and all the formula classes are not finished). Since a year of release there was no big update to these. I also prefer that the existing car content should be updated and polished first before getting a new one.
    But tracks, yes, they are always welcome. Especially the historic track pack, with the old Spa, Nord, Estoril, Jerez, Monaco and many, many more :).

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No reason to do that - because in Reizas realisation of this car its only on some oval-ish outher tracks with high speed corners that the fan car is somewhat competitive.
    While in RL it was only in slow/middle speed corners the fan was generating its crushing downforce.
    Brabham BT46 - Wikipedia

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Apex

Apex Active Member

I wasn't really thinking in terms of competitiveness but rather in terms of historical accuracy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apex, I can imagine that the Dedicated Server could have a feature with a car whitelist or blacklist, and maybe also the Custom Championship Tool.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Where in the article you linked or anywhere else does it say what you concluded?

9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've no idea what kind of cars Reiza wants to bring to us. I am kinda in the mood for more Brasil Cars and Amateur/lower-class cars like Caterham, F-trainer, etc.

I've already posted my opinion about tracks, tho:
    • We have lots of Brasil Tracks
    • Some UK tracks
    • Two Australia/New Zealand tracks
    • A bunch of European Tracks
    • Personally for me I would see more Uk and Aussie/Kiwi tracks to complete the UK-content roster. V8's, Arcs, Caterhams, F-trainer, Vee, Lancers, Mini, etc etc. These all need proper season/career content with the correct tracks.
    • For higher tier cars you can just make a roster where you travel all over the world
    • We know USA-content will be coming this year so I would love to see USA cars + enough USA content.
    • We know Dirt Pack is coming as well, so I want to see proper Rallycross or Hillclimb-content. Not Rally. Rally need its own separate game.
    Since AMS 2 is a long term project and it can be as long as them want. Even 6 years. I am sincerely hoping for the dots in the i's and the cross on the t's for UK and Aussie content. If I am looking at Championship-mode. I only see higher tier cars going all over the world, except for the Stocks.

We will see! The more cars the more buttpain for Reiza to balance, tune and fix them, haha. But more tracks can give the lower-tier series the proper love. Specially since we have UK & Aussie cars. Brasil Cars & Tracks are already plenty, but some tracks are missing, but it's still a lot.

In the end it's not all about tracks and cars, but also about proper simming, like towing, multipli profiles, and much more.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely nowhere because it's fake news :rolleyes: ...
    The fan was generating a lot of downforce in every kind of corner.
    Obviously the advantage over competitors was greater in the slow corners cause the others were relying on wings and underbody air speed to generate downforce which were obviously very small at slow speeds, while the fan could provide huge downforce irrespective of the car traveling speed. But this is completely different statement and subject.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah right :rolleyes:
    But how about reading what yourself are writing.
    "Obviously the advantage over competitors was greater in the slow corners"
    Because my term "crushing downforce" used here is a relative term.
    Which for a reasonable thinking person means that the crushing downforce is only "crushing" compared against the other cars.
    Every ground effect car now and then (like L79) can produce enormous downforce at high speed (corners).
    Both because of wings and underbody in relation to the airflow at high speed.
    So if the energy deficit to drive the fan is included in the calculation(!) then there was probably no advantage for the BT46B conserning high speed corners.
    Why?
    Because at high speed every ground effect car can principally produce the downforce they want.
    Hehe logical reasoning isnt exactly rocket science here :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: What happened to my "proof" of Reizas goofy realisation of the BT46B?
    Where I refered to the few oval-ish tracks as the only ones where this car in AMS2 realisation is somewhat superior. Hehe or at least competitive.:p

12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still the fan car had a crushing advantage even at high speed corners. They could produce much more downforce and a constant one at that... So what you said wrong any way you look at it

13. Apex

Apex Active Member

Lads, I wasn't even considering the performance of the BT46. I'm aware you can exclude it by setting up a race with identical Gen2s but then you only get twelve liveries and no Lotus.

Each to his own, but I happen to enjoy credible grids with at least some level of historical accuracy. I shan't complain though as there's an abundance of open-wheelers in the game, so it's no biggie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mad Al

Mad Al Member AMS2 Club Member

1.1.4.2 rolled out
    Is that Brabham BT26A new or have I lost the plot

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The car is not new.
    Btw. (just in general) to have a quick look, which cars are in the game, you can go to the official homepage of AMS or take a look at this WIP car list (credit @oez ) for example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Mad Al

OK it's official then.. I have lost the plot :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Mad Al

and just noticed this is not the Beta feedback part of the forum... so plot not only lost but thrown out of the window. Us middle aged people should probably stick to doing one thing at a time.... :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Quite alright... Nice to see you pop in for a bit, plus I don't mind someone giving notice the beta has dropped.

Now there's concensus, one might argue...:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Absolutely, all the way "Long Beach" The American beauty track. And please Reiza, we want an authentic palm trees around the circuit. Not the ugly ones like in PC2. But palms like in GTA V or Forza, with God-Rays passing through them. Please REIZA, make it beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.