1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaction to Ermin's Video

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by steelreserv, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You speak as though rF2 has a universal level of handling. Even though its basic approach prevents going off the edge as far as a vehicle badly programmed in Madness can, cars in rF2 still vary a lot depending on the modelling. Some are great; others less so.

The best cars in AMS 2 already feel as good or better than the best cars in rF2 in my opinion. Everyone will have their own opinion or preferences ultimately, but I'd like to know on what basis you think AMS 2 is noticeably behind rF2 in physics/handling (using good examples from each, not a straw man best car from rF2 and worst car from AMS 2 or vice versa).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Synaks

Synaks Member

Tbh I haven't driven rf2 in about a month, ams2 is just so much easier to jump into a race on. I'll do some testing with the cars from the reiza rf2 pack later today and tell specifically what I feel the difference is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Synaks

Synaks Member

These posts are mostly just opinions, especially when talking about handling when most of us have never stepped foot in a real race car. And even those who have driven actual race cars have varying opinions about the different simulators. All I'm trying to do is convey my opinion.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Reiza pack cars for rF2 are overdue an update. I would compare recent cars from S397, since they are the true experts in rF2 configuration.

5. Synaks

Synaks Member

So I drove the metalmoro ajr honda for 10 laps at donington national in rf2 and ams2 yesterday. The difference I feel is in the directness of my inputs to what the car does, in rf2 I feel everything I do has an immediate reaction that makes sense for the input I put in. Ams2 just feels a bit more vague in the inputs for me. The second thing I feel is what happens when you go over the limit in both sims. In rf2 every time I make a mistake I know why it happened and I feel like it was my fault. In ams2 at times the car will snap for no discernable reason and I'll be left in a cloud of dust confused as hell. I think both of these come down to the ffb just being not quite as responsive and direct in ams2 as it is in rf2. This doesn't mean I hate ams2, in fact I love the game and want it to grow, but in my opinion it has some issues to work out before it can gain more widespread appeal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Synaks

Synaks Member

Comparing reiza cars on both sims are best imo because they are both cars for engines they didn't design. To me it's the closest comparison for what reiza can do on the two engines.

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Eh.. why using rF2 when you've AMS 1 to compare. :p Reiza Pack on rF2 is just a lovely present, while the cars in AMS 1 are the best to test versus AMS 2.

8. Synaks

Synaks Member

While I might agree with you (ams1 is amazing), it won't change my conclusion.

9. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

I get this vague feeling in more cars as well but I thought it was more because of physics/handling and maybe tyre model?
    Im using the latest r fuktor files and I really love how informative it is.

But yeah cars can feel pretty floaty just like they did in PC2.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

My "measured" take on Gamermuscle's recent criticism has been included.

Definitely some value to this one, but some obvious omissions.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

You did well to be even vaguely coherent at that time in the morning, if your PC’s clock was correct.:D

I haven’t finished watching it yet but so far it’s been very interesting, particularly with reference to driving the Porsche and setting up for that style.

....and it has to be said, at least GM isn’t dismissing AMS2 completely having admitted he finds a great deal of fun to be in it. However, I’m glad to see someone with some in depth knowledge be able to counter arguments/opinions that aren’t necessarily the most watertight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! 3:00am is prime testing time! 2nd vaccination didn't help.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sticking up for the guy but the folks earlier suggesting he has lost credibility because he's changed his mind is bonkers.... completely bonkers! I know I don't feel how I did a year ago in regards to AMS2, or anything for that matter. That's the beauty of life and living. You can learn and grow and change. You CAN'T be handcuffed to an opinion you once had or once said otherwise that'll confuse or displease others. For the record, that Ermin guy comes across as a bit of a helmet, plus, yeah that whole "legends" line literally makes me want to jump through my triples and strike him in the centre of his face. I feel dirty and used and I have to go have a bit of sick in my mouth...:eek: ...I will however be handcuffed to THAT opinion. Growth or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Added rep for using ‘helmet’ in non racing terms. You Sir took me back to the halcyon days of my youth...when everyone was called a helmet, especially the teachers.

:D

15. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are welcome :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

#reactception

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Holy ****. 2h Steelcast video incoming?

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We gonna go deeper: @steelreserv watching Gamer Muscle watching @steelreserv :)

Then Gamer Muscle responds with him watching @steelreserv watching...
    And so on.

Unlimited meta.

20. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Bit the bullet and watched the entire thing.
    I think it was quite reasonable and respectful. I also like how he admits that he didn't really portray his argument very nicely.
    My one issue with it though, is how he keeps talking about the fanboys(tm). I mean, i'm not in his stream, so it might be pretty bad over there, but on these forums people tend to be quite critical.
    But hey, that's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1