1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was racing last night with a coloured helmet and this was before the latest patch. When did this come in?

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

A question for devs and users/anyone that knows.
    Do we have any conformation of online session when running an enforced pit stop and its options/strategy, that it is now working without any bugs/issues. please
    EG. dry session start and switching to full wets part way through 20 lap
    It would be nice to know that it can be run without any players having problems and having to leave.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Before the patch I got a black helmet most of the time and occasionally a sort of iridescent one. As of the latest release I get the same multicoloured helmets as the ai

4. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to add the throttle,braking, clutch (and eventualy the steering) input to the 'standard screen' I would like to see my lap times but also my inputs while driving, without always switching to the telemetry screen.

• Agree Agree x 16
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had one last night in one of my races, can't remember now if it was the JCW mini or the Porsche GT4 and the helmet looked a bit similar to Alonso's. This was 6 hours prior to the patch dropping. It must have sneaked in in a prior build with no notes on it I guess. Same with the driver and pit overalls, they were different colours as well and not just placeholders.

6. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

• Enabled onboard adjustable brake bias for MCR 2000
    ^ Thank you

:hurrayreiza:

7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Should have been enabled for the MetalMoro MRX P4 too just like the P3 MRX versions have..

And the MCR 2000 is missing the driver adjustable ARB's. It's been previously raised.

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Oops! Seems I can't count. Unfortunately no beta here, so looking forward to May's. Hopefully a Dev diary before then...?

9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Certainly you're talking to the developers but as a user alternative you can use SimHub as a workaround.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I'm a sucker for the MCR2000 and can never quite get to grips with the MRX P4, so hadn't realised this hadn't been done as well. Seems like a very odd choice or a big oversight!

Yep, we're getting there .... but it's slowly.

I'm an IT-Idiot so have no idea if there's an actual reason for adding on-board adjustable brake bias but not ARBs' at the same time - if there was/is I could understand, not adding brake bias to another car in the same class at the same time...bit tougher to get my head around.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

OK the Ui inaccuracies is one thing and that has been ongoing from day 1 however it's little annoying when things such as; why does the Mercedes GT1 still have auto blip enabled when the regulations do not allow for this aid and the McLaren and Porsche GT1 correctly do not have it enabled in AMS2..? It's been raised and acknowledged yet a tiny 5 second amendment goes undone.. Because of this I can not drive this iconic vehicle the way I like too and anyone that is into TT (i'm not) can potentially gain some sort of advantage.

.. and don't get me started on the remaining 20+ vehicles that should not have driver adjustable ARB's. All the correct regulation and vehicle info has been given a long time ago. TT or race stints are somewhat devalued when you can just magically adjust your ARB's on the fly and corner to corner..

Happy to wait. I understand everything has it's priority however when changes are being made to a particular problematic area why not just fix them all rather than just 5% or 10% and then park it..

As I said this morning.. I simply don't understand and unlike you I am not a IT-Idiot (your words).. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have we ever had marbles on track before? Just noticed it in a P4 Jerez race today, some guy went off track far in front of me, when I got to that corner there were pebbles on the track. It was pretty damn cool.

Do they affect grip?

13. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Is it only me or GT4s especialy Chevy is a drift machine like they are rally cross cars.
    I know AMS2 is not a "GT Simulator" but that is too much. I used to like GT4s now they are undriveable, terrible handling. Actually I can feel something is wrong with the driveline, tried a lot of setups (and reiza is not generous about that only few options to tune) GT3s are good but have some headroom for improvement.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Same thing with the helmet visors. Reiza made new visors (although with massive flaws) and left the old visor with its flaws also that I have raised numerous times.....I don't get it, they work on a area, get some work done and leave it half finished....why not spend a little more time initially that push something out that makes it look sloppy and half baked?

This is one area s397 suffer, they kept releasing content unfinished over and over again, only to now have a whole heap of unfinished content and a massive list of things they have to go back and redo....which they just never seem to have the time to do. Made it so I and many others can't play it anymore....I'd hate that to happen to AMS2!

I'm not even going to mention the audio pops and crackles in AMS2 that still exist since day 1 also.... I won't do that now.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The handling doesn't feel different for me and the BMW GT4 in iRacing has very similar handling btw., but the tyres can now be abused without overheating so loosing significant amounts of grip which means drifting all the time to rotate better, and this seems now in every class I tried. iRacing is certainly not like that and the hole more tyre-friction>more heat>less grip physics I was loving about AMS2 seems gone now, so it's about unrealistic pushing all the time, so simcade-physics.

If this helps to increase player-numbers it might be a reasonable step, but for me the low numbers are just a consequence of no marketing. IMO ACC has dumbed down physics far lower than AC in many aspect, but Aris & co. did an amazing job selling it as the best physics out there and people believe the BS. I suggested a few times to make the tyre-heat more visible in the HUD similar to AC so people start noticing what they are doing wrong. Now they can do it without consequence:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I second everything you and Coanda are bringing up (and have brought up numerous times?!).
    But we're getting close to "Kolysion" territory, so I won't fuel that fire.
    About the audio crackle and pop; I have changed the bitrate/sample rate to 16/48k recently(on an ext. DAC here).
    Also changed out the mic I use with CC.
    After a reboot it was gone, and it's been gone since then.
    It's ridiculous that it would still be there, but it seems like certain settings on audio devices bring it on.
    I'm sure if you play around with aforementioned stuff, eventually, you'll shake the issue. Still, it'd be nice if Reiza could find the exact cause.
    Then again, lots of things would be quite nice...

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Really :eek: Imma shut up now because I don't want to be there :oops:
    Just with the audio, I've don't those and many more changes trying everything I can think of. Even asking Dom what he suggested to the pint of being prepared to buy new gear but was told it wasn't something i could fix.

But see my first sentence...I'm quiet now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All good guys, it's still civilized and not with too much penetrance and everything brought up here, is completely valid.
    As long as it doesn't end up in a big loop of frustration, amplifying and resonating far beyound reason and repeating the same issue all over and over again, it is completely fine to vent about.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

ad infinitum...
    Please release update soon, Please release update soon => Why this an that, why this an that => oh.. this is bad , oh.. this is bad => Please release fix, please release fix => Oh.. thank you Reiza, Oh.. thank you Reiza, but => Please release update soon, Please release update soon
    :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Even with my lack of IT knowledge (or being encumbered by IT-Idiocy, the words were well chosen ;)) anyone who’s done a days work knows that doing ‘half a job’ just means you’ve got to come back and do the other half at some point....usually when you’re even busier with other stuff. It’s why I was hoping there’d be a technical reason behind some of this - otherwise it’s a bit daft.

I’ve never even seen a helmet visor in-game. I tried the helmet ‘cam’ thing (ages ago) but didn’t feel it added much in VR, just a little sense of wearing a helmet, but visors as well sound like they could be quite a nice touch. Are you referring to an issue related to that or is this something seen in replays? Just curious to know what the flaws are and how they manifest themselves. (Refer to my message to Coanda if you can’t believe I’ve missed something so obvious:whistle:)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.