1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Except being a complete performance hog...:( Seriously eats fps, but apparantly there is a workaround to alleviate this?(Somewhere on the Youtubes) I'd almost pay money for this to be "fixed", or if we could have the "helmet cam audio" optional in cockpit cam? Thing is, you can have the helmet cam, with the helmet option turned off, I'd like that WITH the "helmet" audio...(All bassy and muffled...)

3. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Which touches on something else I don’t get, I know my settings show helmet cam as on but it isn’t actually on - I’m not sure what I’ve turned off or left on.

I’m not doing myself any favours tonight regarding my technical abilities! I think I just in game and start driving a bit too much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

This one shows holes in different places and the visor doesn't even go all the way to the edges of triple screens. Some cars you can see the mirrors clipping right through the lower brim of the helmet.
    upload_2021-5-2_9-11-43.png

This shows transparency issue with rain showing through the edge and the visor doesn't align at the edge either.
    upload_2021-5-2_9-12-44.png

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  6. 2ndLastJedi

There is a cockpit cam and a helmet cam, just make sure you are on the helmet cam and that should now show up. Otherwise they look the same unless you have different FOV for each.

7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

You mean to say, you're not seeing much of the helmet in VR? Because neither do I...
    It's a FOV thing maybe? Likely a Pimax would reveal more.
    But for me it's the audio side of it... I would be happy to just have that.
    With the Rift S and chunky Sennheisers on, the helmet thing is pretty much already there.
    Edit: Pay attention GearNazi, 2ndLastJedi already got it...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While everyone's touch on the issues are perfectly valid, I believe this release is one of the best (if not the best) so far!

Multiplayer, netcode-wise, is quite good at the moment, as long as the host has a decent internet connection.

Still, though, I've run into a random disconnect while qualifying in an SRS event today, so not quite there yet. Besides, major essential host features are nowhere to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Interestingly i also had some really clean car collision prediction and side to side/bumper to bumper behaviour the last online races i did, even with other players having abysmal ping and my internet fluctuating, so this is indeed a plus.

But it's also the case for my sometimes totally enraging internet connection, that short drops in connection speed result in disconnects, where AMS1 was still running fine or "just" bunching up the field and allowing to move on until connection regains properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

That’s just horrible. I’m glad I hadn’t ever seen that before. Disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just been trying out the Group A's which feel better with the changed COG. Couple of things though.

Still can't race these with a standing start (been this way since they appeared), as you can simply outrun the whole pack off the line, so always have to use rolling with these. Please fix!

Also, like the Procar these have a LSD, but you cannot adjust the numbers on these or the Procar, why is this?

12. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

All I really noticed was the, iirc, bottom of the helmet mostly - which then covered most of the instrumentation. I’ll have to give it another go because that was when I was using a Samsung Odyssey with built in earphones, now I’ve got the G2 and use Astro A50 headphones so may pick up far more of the audio subtleties.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to know what the reason is behind this. You don't have to use a rolling start - you can just take off in 3rd gear like I do :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Agree, the second image is what has been here since pC2 days (same visor) and the first one is the new visor that seems to be completely misaligned and has holes at the top and bottom of the actual helmet.

It's sad because this has been reported and still let out to the public builds and really looks poor from a development pov.

The helmet audio is good but also a bit weird in that it muffles and amplifies at the same time. Opponents engine sounds are louder and we to resonate but are muffles somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The tire degradation was too much actually. It's not that severe as it was, but modern GT tires will still take a beating, when choosing the soft option at noon on tracks like Velo Citta and Interlagos for example...or even Bathurst. Even at a track like Spa you will probably still experience a GT(3/4) car -0.400 delta in the first sector after some laps driven, that turns out to be useless in the next 2 sectors, because tires don't like you anymore

The Camaro GT4 is indeed quite drifty, but it will not pay off over a longer run, because it will probably mess up rear wear balance over the course of a full stint. (Also not the fastest way around the track anymore, even if the tire allows a quite usable high slip angle). It's still a quite mighty car, that can excel way better on several (even more corner-ish) tracks, than expected...this is the case for ACC and AMS2 btw.

It has to be seen in relation to what it's worth it. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Fully agree mate.. Makes me also wonder why there is a beta program when things like this make it to release. Having a single bug thread wasn't a wise choice either.

Yeah I was around in the early days of rF2 with ISI. Over the years I have tried many times to get back into it however rF2 simply does my head in..

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. 2ndLastJedi

The beta forum has a topic for everything and many discussions per thread, still things get missed, overlooked or simply not high enough for the current timeline. I guess its a matter of "more time" is needed. Sadly that isn't something the community has a easy time dealing with. Things that seem easy to me and you, feel important but in the end its Reiza's dream and baby to do it how they see fit, we can offer our input but they will do it in a way that works for them.
    Frustrating AF sometimes....but what can we do....just be patient, go drive AC road cars for a while and come back next update in the hope it was fixed :whistle:

18. Coanda

Why is that even a option...?

Currently in AMS2 you can choose from a Soft slick, Hard slick, Intermediate and Wet tyre for GT3. Oh and if you went off the vehicle Ui an Extreme Wet for the McLaren 720s o_O.. SRO, IMSA, CBA regulations only permit a Slick and Wet tyre option.

It's hard to know exactly what regulations and for what year Reiza are following because certain aspects does not align with real life. Currently we have GT3 cars sponsored by Pirelli and Michelin in the same class and fuel tank sizes that don't align with either CBA or SRO/IMSA regulations.. There is a 30 litre variance between some GT3 vehicles so how it that fair for longer races..?

It's been mentioned before however unfortunately there is complete radio silence when it comes to these sort of things..

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Perhaps their brazilian endurance championship?

20. Coanda

That's what I mean when I mention CBA (Confederação Brasileira De Automobilismo) as they handle the Brazilian regulations. CBA currently use Pirelli tyres + 100 litre fuel tank limit since 2020.. For example the BMW M6 GT3 has a fuel tank size of 131 litres in AMS2 which does not align with either past or present CBA regulations or SRO/IMSA.

It would be nice if we could all stop guessing and Rezia come out and tell us exactly what the deal is..

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.