1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whilst I agree with some of the ‘pet peeves’ that have been mentioned here recently. I would like to point out a couple of things in the interest of balance:

1. There’s a global pandemic going on that is affecting some countries much worse than others. From what I see in the media, Brazil is being particularly hurt (sending love to all Brazillians and anyone affected badly by COVID).

2. Until maybe the last 2 weeks or so, the impression I have is that Reiza have been pretty flat out with their work rate. Maybe they are having a bit of a holiday right now. Burn out is a real thing!

I’m sure Reiza are aware of most issues, but there are only so many hours in each day. I personally have full faith in their master plan.

Just to be clear, I’m not dismissing some of the issues being mentioned, I just think we need to be a little patient. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Whilst I appreciate and respect what you are saying nothing that has been mentioned has anything to do with covid or a lack of patience...

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I think well structured user feedback such as yours hard work really deserves communication. You have my full support when it comes to that.

But I can understand them being spread thin already with this project and then pandemic life hitting people differently. I have noticed how it affects me and I have had some severe mental fatigue at times. So I just can't manage everything as smoothly as before. This even though I'm not really the type to run around town socializing or anything. So you just do your best, but you might not be able to handle complicated environments like you normally could.

But still it's all welcome critique. I really don't want to make excuses for them. Just maybe add a compassionate angle. Facts are facts. If a fuel tank needs to be 80L, but is 50L (just an example) then that's wrong. The only thing I'm saying is that those types of mistakes may happen more frequently with fatigue and managing them afterwards is also difficult due to all the million things going on that your fatigued brain cannot cope with as well as before. This goes for anyone struggling at work covid or no covid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Your perception might be different from others. I think you are in Australia - less than 30,000 cases and 900 deaths during the whole pandemic; Brazil, almost 15,000,000 cases and over 400,000 deaths. Get you head around that and see whether you can work out why people based there might not be able to develop your game as quickly as you want them to.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Coanda

Get you facts straight first before you bark at me as I don't live in Australia and I am fully aware of whats going on around me and the world we all live in.. I live in a country that has one of the harshest lock down set of rules there is.. ;)

I'm not asking for anything to be prioritized above anything else or developed any quicker than what is currently happening.. If anything I would slow it down for what is being released to the public. You clearly have no clue as to what has been mentioned.

Get your head around that..

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think @oez probably expressed things better than me. You’ve done some incredible work, and I appreciate that, seriously.

My point was that I personally don’t think Reiza are just ignoring known issues, I think they just haven’t got ‘round to them yet. I offered COVID as a possible reason that they are not getting stuff done as quickly as people might hope. I could be wrong, but like Oez said, it is having detrimental effects on most of us.

My honest opinion is that the project scope has turned out to be bigger than anticipated, and so more time is required (hence the season pass extension). That is where my ‘patience’ comment came from. What might seem urgent to one person, may be a non issue for others, but I have faith that all (obvious) issues will be fixed in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some people watch this game through autistic glasses and keep repeating their views, that doesn't make the forum any clearer, and certainly no more useful.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Coanda

technical regulations are technical regulations.. Nothing to do with looking through "autistic glasses" as you put it.. It's as clear as day..

• Like Like x 2
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

You should really see what you can do about that :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Coanda

Matey they have got around to them and thats how this all kicked off. The supposed corrections to the Ui vehicle selection info and the MCR 2000 brake bias adjustment that was altered in the change log of v1.1.4.5.

So let's focus on a silly little one. I raised a bug about the MCR 2000 P4 saying it's missing driver onboard brake bias adjustment even though it is 3D modeled in the game, represented on the real life vehicle and shown to be on the vehicle selection Ui. Prior to this I also mentioned this car has driver onboard ARB adjustment (provided real life evidence) and the adjustment levers are currently 3D modeled in the game. I also mentioned the driver MetalMoro MRX P4 is missing the brake bias adjustment which is also represented in real life vehicle, shown to be enabled on the vehicle selection Ui and the P3 version already has this correctly enabled.

Now they went to the trouble of enabling the driver brake bias adjustment for the MCR 2000 P4. Great happy days! You would think whilst your there briefly mucking around with this vehicle, why not enable the driver adjustment ARB's or at the very least enable the brake bias driver adjustment for the MetalMoro MRX P4 so that the class vehicles are not only correct but also equal on technical abilities. How do I seriously race against someone that can make brake bias adjustments and I can't..?

however no...

Lets raise another bug specifically now for the MetalMoro MRX P4 and hope that one day this little oversight gets picked up again in 100+ pages of bug posts..

In my opinion it's a waste of energy and time doing things like this as it creates more work in the long run. I stick to my belief; do it once do it properly and if that means delaying putting content out then so be it...

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Coanda

haha yeah mate for sure I'm trying to bring the family home however I have some immigration ristrictions going on with lock downs...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I didn't bark - my wording reflected my doubt - I THINK you are in Australia...

You said this was nothing to do with lack patience or Covid. I respectfully disagree. Brazil is having a rough time just now. Developers are almost certainly affected, not just by lockdown rules, but by illness (and worse), either personally or amongst their friends and family. Cut them some slack - I'm sure they have other things to worry about just now rather than pleasing you by immediately providing a simulated fuel tank with the right capacity. They will get there - have some patience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Coanda

@Gagaryn - no issues bloke.. racing drivers we bust nuts every now and again.. I'll back it off and take a little forum holiday.. no worries.. :cool:

14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

We need the Roadmap as soon as possible...users going nuts on forum due the lack of infos lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dunno man... I think all we can do is report errors, inaccuracies and bugs to Reiza via appropriate forums. After that, things are out of our hands. They will prioritise and get things done at their own pace and according to previous planning and resources.

I don't really see the point in flooding the forum with complaints about Reiza's work and how it's delivered. IMO this type of behaviour is quite offensive and it is not going to change the way Reiza does things.

I wouldnt be surprised if this topic ended up closed - assuming we don't go back to providing proper feedback.

• Like Like x 5
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But it make it fun to watch :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Coanda

My wife works with autistic children and two of my cousins are autistic and I bet either one of them are more intelligent than the both of you put together..

ok im leaving now...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but within the main installation folder, there is a subfolder structure called TextureOverrides\International_adv\Tracks\Textures. There, you can find two files:
    ADVERTISEMENTS01.dds and ADVERTISEMENTS02.dds.
    I thought hey fine, finally, I can change the adverts at least for the tracks which are called "international" ingame. So, I opened them in Photoshop, made my changes and then copied the new files back to the game. But it has no effect at all, you even can delete these two files and nothing happens.
    So, does anybody know what these two dds are supposed to do in game?

19. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

This is my exact point.
    AMS2 for me has turned into a drift/overdrive game, flying into corners way too fast, and drifting on the way out.
    IMO the physics have gone backwards.
    You don't even get punished, it's as though the physics encourage this style.
    Drive smooth hit the braking point, trail brake in and apply a smooth throttle input on exit is non existent anymore.
    Its almost gone more towards that shambles of a game physics wise Pcars2.

The cars are way too eager to slide or break traction, even to the point of trying to warm your tyres at 60kph becomes madness.
    No car drives like this ever in existence on a dry track with slick tyres.

Now the wet weather physics are very good.
    I'm not sure whats happened or its a work in progress, or even people constantly saying the cars don't slide enough lol.
    But for me in its current state is almost gone.
    Back in the early access 0.7-9 it was almost spot on in terms of driving.
    Now its almost embarrassing drifting P1 cars or formula cars oh dear.
    Hopefully the game comes full circle.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Dev update withdrawals are no laughing matter. It leads into grown ups diagnosing each other with developmental disorders. For some reason.

Edit: what timing!
    ”Regular readers of these articles may have grown a bit anxious by the fact we skipped our traditional catch-up last month”

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.