1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

That was a lengthy post Renato. Longtime since I read that much in one go. Lol. Thumbs up.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

That’ll be me, if Watkins Glen is announced. Everything crossed for that one. Pleeeease...

(Yes I know I should be happy with what we know we’re getting. I definitely am - this update is 10/10! The Glen is just my fave that’s all.)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will there be a pack to complete the season pass or racin' usa for people who bought the european track pack?

4. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

Does this mean that the current implementation of live weather is not functional? We have been using it in our racing series, and it seemed to be working, except for the excessive amount of rain we get from time to time.

5. Ruan Ferreira

Ruan Ferreira New Member

I have to be honest, yesterday I uninstall ams2 because "man, I really like the this game but we don'y have more prototypes and gte's, inclusive I don't even know if it will have"
    Then renato as a fly "oh boy you have no ideia what is coming"

I'M CRAZY WITH THIS DEV UPDATE. SO FUC**** AMAZING :hurrayreiza:

6. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, the Long Beach data from Pcars 2 is fantastic. Still one of my favorite tracks in the whole game with Daytona followed closely.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LionOfTheNorth

LionOfTheNorth New Member

I know you are just doing your job, but in your road map pre full release it was marked as us having 3 big DLC out already Multiplayer rating already developed and much more. I know you guys ran into problems with covid, but the fact that most of what was publicly announced to be planned and what you actually delivered dosent give me confidence knowing what was planned keeps getting pushed back. At this point my year DLC pass I got pre full release is looking more like a 2 and maybe 3 year pass.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Edilson Freshi

Edilson Freshi Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice News! Very exciting upcoming things!

I would like to see on next development news something about TCR SUDAM.:whistle:;):D

• Like Like x 6
  9. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy moly - that's what I call a decent dev update.

:hurrayreiza:

10. Apex

Apex Active Member

Lovely! In fact I'd rather have that than infinite money!

:)

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That is why Reiza changed the 20-21 season pass to 20-22. To allow themselves more room and maybe even add another extra thing or two to compensate. Mind we are already getting a 6th track from the 5 track premium track pack. Renato has always been open about delays. It unfortunate, but it is what it is. Your investment is still safe, it will just take some more time since so far nothing has been scrapped. :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Can you kindly point to what comment you refer to suggesting 3 big DLCs by now? The very first plan was to release them by the end of 2021. Some of it was pushed to 2022, and so the Season Pass was also extended to cover 2022 releases. You still get everything you paid for.

Things get pushed around in development - some things are pushed for later (Expansion Packs), others fast-tracked (Spa), and the same applies for features and free content. Roadmaps aren’t promises set in stone, they are fairly fluid plans aimed to give our userbase some idea of what we plan to deliver and when - the “what” you can take to the bank, the “when” is a bit more flexible. The alternative to this is complete silence until things are ready - which would attract its own share of complaining :p

• Like x 24
    • Agree x 8
    • Winner x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

In regards to Community Plans:
    Are we talking about the aforementioned talks with external communities or ingame scheduled races?
    Asking because I am quite curious about dedicated server updates that might or not come to improve the experience for the Touristenfahrten server users. (I accept ":whistle:" as an answer ;) )

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

Feel like a proper MP will bring a lot of people to AMS 2. People are kinda fed up with the expensive competition (you know who), and really need a quality alternative to it. A, B, C daily races like in GT Sport would be phenomenal and it would make sure that there's a healthy population in each race.

• Agree Agree x 13
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Reiza,
    what great news! Real weather, weather forecasts, seasons, great! :):D
    And LAGUNA SECA, my most favourite track in IndyCar I, I just loved this track. Alos with the addition of a historic layout? Would be great.
    LS.JPG

But no words about the historic track pack, historic Spa, Nord, Estoril, Jerez,..... very sad :(.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Great to have news from the back doors. But unfortunately didn't read any word of ENDURANCE. Ironically it would be a great sim for endurance.
    Thinking all the advertisement, teasers, announcements about 24/12/6 hour races on YT or any other social media; you won't want to miss that oppurtunity for free popularity or to be as a sim of choice for any upcoming endurance race. Right?
    I usually see people more hyped with this kind of races if not being part of it but to watch or stream it.

[Long Story Short]:
    Please let the ENDURANCE begin.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LionOfTheNorth

LionOfTheNorth New Member

If I can remember correctly the historic track pack was supposed to be the first Expasion pack. And was placed in the original road map in January, the racing USA would also be already out. Also since you are breaking the racing USA expansion into 3 groups of 9.99$ that means the full thing would cost 29.99$. But the pack were planned to be in a price range from 9.99 to 19.99$.

18. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Case in point: Live for Speed. An ooold foundation from 2003 or so, but still in active development. And it’s a lot better than one would assume. It was my go to sim in 2000s. I just tried it again. Still holds up in important ways.

What I liked as well is how it captures the same driving on the limit feel I love in AMS2. It obviously lacks the finesse, detail and content of modern sims, but easy to see why I liked it so much then :).

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I have jumped to iRacing in the meantime as multiplayer participation is.... mediocre on good days. I cant say enough how much the multiplayer rating systems motivate you to participate and motivate you to behave.

Without fail, all of my multiplayer races in AMS2, whether they start with a crowded field of 15-20, or a field of 6, always dwindle down to me and my friends who originally started the lobby after about 5 laps.

I cant disagree more with the multiplayer rating system being "on the backburner". Multiplayer participation is mediocre, but people just seem to, in droves, refuse to complete an entire race unless they're in the top 5. This is something I've learned to live with, but it's quite a bummer in the big picture and means I really only race multiplayer once or twice a week, and that's all I use AMS for these days. All my favorite cars change from update to update, so I may love a car one month and hate it the next. So it's hard to really settle in. The multiplayer system can be the cornerstone of building a huge userbase.

I can only assume you guys are looking at statistics that are more comprehensive than my experience, but the multiplayer experience is a huge disappointment, despite the UI and lobby system being incredibly simple and convenient.

The potential for AMS2 to be the gold standard of modern simracing frustrates me so much, because the foundation is there. A multiplayer rating system could be the game changer the online casual race community needs. I am having way more fun in iracing right now, but hte driving experience is much better in AMS2. Guess which game I now spend most of my time playing? iRacing.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

The great thing about AMS2, is that there's always something really good being added or coming, not to mention the constant refinements and a dev team who listen.
    Not once have I regretted being a backer.
    Keep up the great work team Reiza. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.