1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Normally when I get such kind of automatic rhetoric reaction I doesnt really care - because the few times I have taken the effort to dig up some proof/referances then the apponents does just sidestep the proof by saying that he wants more - or more often that he KNOW this is false.:rolleyes:
    But in your case I will just say that this downplay of the MP surprised me too@ :D.
    I mean I was an iRacing member for about 5-6 years and had allways thought that almost all racing sim entusiasts WANTED MP races.

But then I saw it refered in this forum several times - that some surveys did say that the majority of racing sim users was more interested in single player modes than in MP services.
    Nobody are saying that some of these SP folks are completely uninterested in (casual) MP races - but!

As example eventhough I can be considered as a long time iRacing MP member I became so fed up with the lousy quality of most human MP drivers - that I spent almost the 2 last years as TT player:p

ByTheWay: There is a reason iRacing THE MP sim company after a lot of years as solely MP service invested a lot of money and resources to create AI bots for their single player members.
    Their research did obviously tell them where the money are.;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

One thing to keep in mind here, If you're running the game on steam (which i'm assuming you are), uninstalling/reinstalling a game, does not remove the files in the documents folder. This is done so steam doesn't need to save progress on its servers, but you wont lose the progress when you reinstall.
    If I remember correctly, this is where the actual FFB settings need to be removed.

On your second statement; I think adding more FFB profiles in the game would be nice. PC2 had three profiles, I think, already in the game. Maybe implementing some nice FFb profiles in the game at install could improve the FFB experience, as Reiza could add a profile for diffferent types of steering wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I probably would ask Reiza to implement a specific DD profile in-game (so defaul/DD/custom options).
    If you can bring some granite forum users on Reiza one maybe you can explain and report in a detailed way what is happening.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

Those happen to be the exact same priorities I have, myself. I do race MP every once in a while, but that is just me and one friend against AI on a private server. We could probably get behind a custom MP championship.

Content-wise, I've said it before but I think we have enough cars already. Sure, new cars will always be welcome, especially historical content (I don't really care that much about modern gt content), but there's enough here for many many hours of fun.

I am always hungry for new tracks, tho. I have the most fun discovering and learning a new track, and trying out new car and weather combos on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Hypetrain is real. Really looking forward to that!

Just wondering if there is any chance we might be able to do multiclass endurance racing with driver swaps in future. Guess that might be an issue due to Madness Engine?

GTE, GT3, DPI .. these cars really ask for proper multiplayer endurance support!
    And ... Ferrari license when? :whistle: (sorry, had to ask this! I think we all know that this might be a bit out of touch, as even rF2 got that license only recently because of covid / virtual le mans reasons)

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Oh sorry I have to comment on this too.
    Hehe Im absolutely against all AI bots existing in any racing game I know of.
    Because in my oppinion there are absolutely no INTELLIGENCE in any of the bots I know of.
    Only some scripted behaviour combined with some pretty poor AI algoritms saying that IF the human driver or other bots does THIS then the single bot focussed on does THAT.

ByTheWay: But as allways conserning simple programming then such IF THIS then THAT does only work (somewhat) in certain very structured and wellknown situations.:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The thing is though, what AMS2 makes up for in not having as much physics fidelity as RF2 is being accessible and easy to set up, because RF2 can be great once you get it going but getting it going is an exercise in frustration

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I think that a talent files system like ams 1 would be welcome in ams 2. I'm sorry to don't see this as priority.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

off course I deleted all game files and doc files before uninstalling.

10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The way I read it, it is a priority, by the late May update to be specific:
    Or is there something in the AMS1 talent files system that maybe isn't covered by this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the most hours on all my sims on rf2 but I have barely put an hour on it in the last 2-3 years. It may excel in one area, physics but as far as I am concerned that is all. It lacks in so many other areas that it has been left behind. They are slowly starting to fix long standing issues now but it has been a long time coming. It is still clunky as hell to get around in and the 3 year project for the new UI has not really changed much for me. I feel the time would have been better off used elsewhere tbh. The game still looks ordinary graphics wise, most of the inside and outside of the DLC is not of the best standard, sounds are pretty average at best. It is a shame as the developers are dedicated and have moved the game forward but I cannot see myself putting any more hours on it until it has progressed much more.
    Right now AMS2 satisfies my need for speed. Between that and a couple of other sims I occasionally touch I am not missing rf2, it doesn't have anything that is pulling me back to it.
    I hope the Devs are able to turn it around, maybe with the support of their new masters that will happen but it has been a slow burn till now.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And on another note, as we can see there is more endurance content coming up, maybe now would be a good time for Reiza to announce they are upping the number of AI in the game......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

I'd rather 'sound' immature to you then giving up on the MP based on whatever survey.
    But hey, if ur happy with TT only, good for you I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

ByTheWay-ay: I have read about the development of "real" AI in MotoGP - and I must admit that IF they get the socalled learning "neural AI" to work THEN I will probably have to change my mind.:D
    Because at least "neural AI" include the possibility to react in ways that is neither plain scripted or just a result of simple and unintelligent IF THIS then THAT.:rolleyes:
    (socalled conditional logic)

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

When we talk about the "sim" community, I assume we're talking about the extreme end of a spectrum who are faithful to 'their' game of choice to a fervent extent that would make a Templar Knight say "hey, that's a bit strong, don't you think?". Personally, I don't think there's anything that could be done with AMS2 to make this crowd think it's 'fixed'.

Whilst I would love Reiza to say 'historic content, that's our niche' personally, I find it more likely that some people will prefer this content in AMS2 and some will prefer rF2. No doubt those into their 'eSports' justifiably love the rF2 versions, but let's not pretend rF2 is a perfect game by any means. For me personally, having the ability to race them with good multiclass AI, preferable visuals and likely improved sounds (ACFan's Porsche RSR sounds are some of the best in the business), will win out in the majority of cases.

Ha, given this option I'd use it to hide most of the open wheelers (except the 70s ones), so each to their own.

In conclusion, you and I are a great case study in the challenges Reiza have in 'pleasing the crowd'. We're both after something that the other games don't fulfil but our ideas of USPs are very disparate. It feels like this game has more focus than the Project CARS series, but obviously less than the likes of ACC. Reiza are trying to appeal to both of us - if nothing else, if they manage that then they'll have done an incredible job!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Apex

Apex Active Member

Actually, there's much consensus in today's neuroscience that sentient beings including humans are essentially no different.

Joking aside, the debate is irrelevant because game design is rarely if ever a zero-sum affair as you have to cater to a plethora of user needs and demands. There are loads of features in AMS2 that many of us never use, but I can appreciate that a pliable product is likely to have more users which means more resources for developing and refining my specific idiosyncrasies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RDG

RDG Active Member

DPI, GTE and Daytona? Yes please.

AMS2 is quickly becoming my AC replacement. I already have a hard time choosing between Formula Ultimate and RSS Hybrid 2021 (until I hit a kerb of death or want to drive in the rain that is), adding RSR/C8R/M8 and Daytona is going to make it replace AC even more :D

18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Ahh hmm - today's neuroscience?
    How much consensus?
    Much much?:p

19. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been spending a lot of money across various games over the last 10 years and I never even get on one MP race in majority of those games.

just because people like me never really said much, it doesn’t mean that people who solely play with AI does not exist.

before someone start spamming MP invites or trying to convince me how fun is MP, I want to emphasize that I have absolutely zero interest in MP.

if this genre decides to go all into MP, I’ll be the first to leave like how the FPS or the RTS genre has become.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

+1
    The livery fix was my cue to finally get rid of AC. Out of the box AMS2 easily does what I've spent countless hours trying to make AC do and only just about getting there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.