"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Try v[1.5.25] in the rightclick-properties-beta menu of AMS in your library.
    This sounds like the Fanatec devices issue once again and this version number is the only one, not doing this to me, even the 1.5.30 has issues with performance, even when not crashing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there is also the bug with Thrustmaster hardware in combination that Dom mentioned causing issues for sure. Here it's the TH8A shifter that does probably also interfere.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

What Thrustmaster device you have?

3. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried already all versions incl. 1.5.25 and I don't get it running.

I use one MFD button box but without additional Thrustmaster drivers, it's shown as device in Windows. I'm using this box since many years and I know that AMS was stable also with this. So I'm not sure where the problem exactly originates.
    Link: MFD Cougar Pack

Edit:
    Tested now without the MFD Cougar button box (just disconnected) and AMS was running as expected incl. the VR mod. I had to change my button mappings because things like starter, seat movement are all on the button box. In VR keyboard is no alternative ...

-> Do you need more testing on my side to identify the root cause of the problem to fix it?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  4. MarkLHP

MarkLHP New Member

Hello everyone, everything good? I bought a G29 and to start on the simulators, I bought the AMS1 because it runs on my computer. I even played it on the keyboard while my G29 didn't arrive. It worked normal and everything was fine. Yesterday my G29 arrived and I was already running to play in the Automobilista, and always when the G29 is plugged in USB, I click on Steam to run the game, it opens in full screen but remains on a black screen and never comes out of it. There's no sound, no video. If I close the game via the task manager, remove the G29 from the usb and open the game, it opens normally. I have already removed the 'Automobilista' folder from the Documents, I have uninstalled the game, I have already installed it again. I already ran as an administrator. Nothing works. The G29 is working normal on the computer (I played Euro Truck SImulator and BeamNG) and normal also on Playstation5. My only problem is actually running the AMS1.

Have installed Ghub and logitech gaming software.

Trace attached

5. RaceTobi

RaceTobi New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think thats the right place to ask
    My Game does Freeze when the game goes into Fullscreen
    And i tried everything from integrity check to deleting the .plr to a complete reinstall nothing helped

6. worms14

worms14 New Member

I have a problem for a long time, I cannot start the race.
    What can I do to make the game work for me?
    [​IMG]

7. GHOST

GHOST New Member

Hey i'm currently encountering a similar issue i used to run automobilista on my old laptop which had intel hd graphics it worked perfectly fine but my new laptop running intel irisxe(which can run automobilista 2) doesn't let the game launch i was wondering if you could help me figure this one would be very very appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. Brian Little

Brian Little New Member

i have same or similar problem practice and quals all ok then as soon as game starts it puts me into pits...one game it was doing 150kph staying still in pits and in my mirror cones were flying all over the place so i quickly got out in case my rating went down.........i7 clevo gtx 1080 16 gig ram....its always been fine before the big updates

9. Engooms

Engooms New Member

Guys I'm going crazy because I don't know what else to do. I can run Automobilista completely fine but whenever I'm on track, press Escape and press 'Go back to monitor' my game crashes. No matter what I do, I've tried to uninstall, clean reinstall, create new profile, reconfigure all controls, it still crashes. Attaching the trace file and it appears that this might be something related with the fact that I'm using T-LCM pedals with a Fanatec wheelbase? These are the last lines on the trace.txt file every time it crashes

"21:40:35: hwinput.cpp 3335: FFB:: releasing lock
    21:40:35: hwinput.cpp 11250: About to set range to Logi via OLD method
    21:40:35: hwinput.cpp 11388: TM: Joystick 0 Vendor ID 1103
    21:40:35: hwinput.cpp 11407: attempting to set thrust degrees
    21:40:35: hwinput.cpp 11416: attempting to set thrust C - and we got an external ID 1"

The only ways I got it to not crash were 1) Changing to the beta version on the Steam launcher, which I don't want to resort to as I race with buddies online and 2) Changing compatibility mode to Windows 8 or 7, which for some reason causes my game to lag massively after a few laps on track.

Any ideas on how to get around this? I love this game but it's unplayable atm

Attached Files:

10. CrimsonEminence

Hey!

Please look into the "controller.ini" of Automobilista (under your windows documents in the Automobilista folder when using without any compatibility modes or the one in the main AMS game folder if using win XP comp. modes/administrator) and search for the entries:

Start Hardware Event Monitor="1"
    Use Additional Hardware Features="1"

Switch both of them to "0" for a test.

11. Engooms

Engooms New Member

Hi CrimsonEminence!

Thank you so much for replying to this.

Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem yet :(

- For the version without admin or compatibility modes, the game still crashed the same way. Drove a few laps around the track without issues, pressed escape, 'Exit to monitor', crash. Looking at the trace file, the last line is still 'attempting to set thrust C - and we got an external ID 1'

- With compatibility mode set to Windows 7 or 8, the game runs great for a couple of minutes and then starts slowly losing more and more FPS until it's unplayable (from 144/120 to 2 fps)

Any other suggestions? Thank you!

12. Engooms

Engooms New Member

Also I tried a GT3 car mod and it was fine? No issues whatoever but when I tried with the Boxter Cup, which is the car I wanna use for league racing it did not work and crashed as soon as I pressed the 'Exit to monitor' button!

13. dan jordan

dan jordan New Member

I might have a new one.... Has anyone been able to get Automobilista to run on a Surface Pro X (Windows ARM)? It doesnt have OpenGL support as of yet (maybe ever?) and my limited technical ability ran out trying to figure it out.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

i need some help with CTD
    i have trace file

car track combo is oficial content no mods installed
    boxer cup in Virginia full
    windows 10 home
    16 giga ram
    ryzen 5 1600 cpu
    MSI 2060 super gpu drivers 516.40
    Fanatec csl elite ps4
    441 drivers from fanatec with 1.64.5 fanalab
    i also made exeption in Kaspersky antivirus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  15. M.Sibanyoni

M.Sibanyoni New Member

Does anyone have any clue what has happened to my AMS? I went on holiday for a month, before that holiday my AMS had been running just fine. Now I'm back and I can't get above 30 FPS on any carset.

If I toggle to AI control it will go back up to the normal FPS my game should be running at (pre holiday 100+ fps). I've tried fiddling around with my AMS config.exe, looking in my GeForce/Nividia settings (RTX 2060) and all sorts.

I even tried verifying game integrity. I had to do a few Windows and GPU Driver updates since getting back but that has never caused issues before. Anyone have a clue what happened between now and then? Did someone break into my house and wreck my PC?

I have had glimmers of hope by capping my FPS to 60 or 100 in the graphics menu but no joy as that solution doesn't work consistently. It's not stuttering, it's just laggy, if I had to describe the framerate. This happens ONLY when I'm driving. Not in replay, or anywhere else.

Specs
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
    Gigabyte B450M H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
    Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
    Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card
    Power Supply Corsair TX550M Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
    Logitech G29 Racing Wheel

EDIT: Solved. Wrong Hertz setting in Nivida config for my monitor

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  16. M.Sibanyoni

M.Sibanyoni New Member

Has now begun crashing and incredibly unstable. Jumps from 10 fps to 60, to 9, to 12, etc. Please help.

17. M.Sibanyoni

M.Sibanyoni New Member

Did a clean wipe of AMS. All is well.

18. Andrea Valazzi

Andrea Valazzi New Member

hi i'm having troubles running the game i tried everything (delete user folder, unplug my driving force gt, reinstall directx 9, lower the spec in config, delete directx9 dll, integrity check on steam and even downgrading to 1.5 version) after i delete user folder i'm able to start the game but when try to load the track the game ctd. (even with stock cars and tracks not mods). after that if i try to run from steam i see the spalsh screen ad after that a black screen and the game hangs there.
    Sorry for my english here is my log P.S. my spec are ok win 10 i 7 6700k 4ghz 32 gb ram nvidia ge force dtx 750 ti 4 gb.
    Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

19. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hoping there’s an answer out there. Joined Paddock and decided to give AMS a try. Fresh load (never had it prior). Detected my Fanatec DD1, V3 pedals, etc. I load in and under controls it indicates the DD1 profile is loaded. However, none of the controls work(no steering, buttons, pedals). I’ve tried changing the DD1 mode but nothing seems to work. After hours of frustration I walked away.
    Would love to try AMS.

20. CrimsonEminence

So you can't even map bindings in control menu?