1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimHub Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leadbelly, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'll stick with averages thanks. Hopefully we can get a proper fix from Reiza.

2. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably I'm the lucky one that don't have any of thesse issues.

3. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed a few issues while building a dashboard in SimHub.
    1. Reverse gear shows up as 15 (easy fix, I just set 15 to return 'R')
    2. 8 gears are not supported currently (I figure Reiza will fix this eventually)
    3. Pit limiter only changes status while in the pit lane

4. 2ndLastJedi

Attached Files:

5. 2ndLastJedi

A few more dashes finished. Just a quick view of some ;) If you like them, let me know with a review :whistle:
    Resources by 2stains

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've bought a KGL Racing Display. Not arrived, yet. It uses a Vocore2-screen. Perhaps I bought it a little too fast, haha. Might return it, tho.

I've been browsing Simhub a bit and also the program itself. It's a bit tricky to find cool dashboards cause they seem all over the place on Racedepartment, etc. And it's also not really userfriendly to create one myself, so yeah. I will see how it goes.

I find EKsimracing much much much better. Creating a dashboard yourself is really easy, etc. However, Eksimracing needs tiny LCD with a proper GPU-connection instead of USB, so you need HMDI/DP and power supply.

Wish Simhub forum had a database of all dashboards, like Eksimracing has. I found some good ones. I love minimalistic stuff. But adding, tyre wear-graphics for example to existing dashes is a bit of a pain, imho_Or adding a damage-car screen myself, haha.

Ah well. I will see how it goes. 115 is not too shabby, and I can always send it back.

7. 2ndLastJedi

I am a complete noob with things like this but have managed quite well with SimHub, I am only scratching the surface but already it is doing everything I want and more from it.
    I've done many dashes and as I find cars that don't work with the ones I've made I will make more. I can wipe up a simple dash in an hour or so.
    Well dashes and ShakeIt is amazing also.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marius H

Yeah will see how it goes, but whenever I click on led. It just a black square. Perhaps I need to buy the license? If yes, then I need to read more carefully, haha.

Vocore with only usb-cable would be awesome. I don't like clutter of cables, haha. Otherwise I just have to find some phone-holder that suitable with 80/40 and put EKSimracing on my phone. I've made a quite few dashes for EkSimracing back then. Oh and a round sticker to cover the camera.

Edit: I kinda like this dash I found on Racedepartment: First Simhub Dashboard It has everything AMS 2 has, except the relative standings and damage. Let see how it works when the display arrives.

ps. I would also be extremely cool to have helicorsa on my display. I saw that's sort of possible.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  9. newtonpg

Great Y2 video tutorials here

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Marius H

11. 2ndLastJedi

@Marius H on that blank square, click and drag it bigger ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

I use a hole paper punch and a piece of carbon fibre sticker on my phone's ;)

13. Marius H

14. Marius H

Guys. Any of you know how t show damage? Only missing damage. oof oof. Its so fun to tinker with stuff. Gotall the AMS 2 wigets in my dashboard, hehe

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  15. newtonpg

TinyTake03-05-2021-04-36-27.png

This?
    Please note that properties containing an "m" like GameRawData,mAeroDamage are AMS2 specific properties while the others are generic.
    I don't know what represents CarDamage1 to 4

More than this, those properties belongs to the internal telemetry but could be or not implemented by Reiza.;)

16. Marius H

Hmmmm. Going to play with that a bit.
    Down below is my current dashboard. Stole some stuff here and there but it works. Was having some fun with the flag-leds.. Until I noticed there's 'common display-images'' for the leds, haha. I was painting for 1 hour or so :D

Probably getting rid of the brake bias if I can put some damage-parameters there.
    edit: Oh, I can edit the bars between the wheels.. means I can give them damage color I bet.

Attached Files:

17. newtonpg

It looks like a good work. :)

SimHud editing is kind of addictive, you know.

:cool:

18. Marius H

Hehe. Yeah. I think I assembled my dash on 14.00ish. It's nearly 12am and I am still busy with simhub. Had a few races to test my dash, but yeah. It's so fun. Finally no more widgets on the screen, so I've more 'realism/immersion. I've put all the widget-stuff in my dash.

I've tuned the damage into the retangles where the tyres are at. Suspension, engine and areo. I don't see bodydamage, so I guess it's areo.

I think this is it for now. Otherwise it gets too busy. Tomorrow I will make a RBR-display. Probably using the grey display I saw on Simhub. I created a similar one for EKsimracing back in days. (2015 - 2017)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marius H

@newtonpg
    So for hours I have my relative standings working and then suddely it doesn't. Even reinstalled Simub
    Guess something buggy somewhere

edit: Hours later of tweaking, cleanig windown etc etc.. still not working. Sooo weird
    edit2: Many many hours later again.Its working now. Used different code
    edit3: I am now fighting with [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.mSuspensionDamage01] cant make it work aka changing color etc

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  20. newtonpg

Programing is a hard but frequently rewarding thing.
    Developing anything is a never ending activity for the most.
    Sometimes you're the only responsible to the flaws and you need to learn more and be methodical. Sometimes the fault isn`t yours.
    But all I can say is enjoy this moment! Your enjoyment could come back frequently or years later eventually.

Sorry if I couldn't help you specifically at that matter 'cause I'm kind of a minimalistic person in my hud preferences, so basically speedo: rpm, fuel, pedal inputs, leaving all the other things to the game hud.

PS: I like to monitor the tyres I-M-O temperatures to setup camber and contact patch (changing M temp by tyre pressure) but gave up since those numbers are passed as integers by Reiza while I need floatings. Correct I-M-O temps require UDP config of SimHub and although it works perfectly in my system, sometimes (erratic ?) even connected to AMS2 the dash don't run and only a reboot solves the issue. Ah and all telemetry apps I know report these temps.