1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apex

Apex Active Member

From these forums it's my impression that many of those who own both titles absolutely do not want AMS2 to become another PC2 for several reasons. I think we should be careful not to confuse the many individual wishes for this and that specific content with an overall desire for AMS2 to be PC2.5. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

For the record I'm not a PC2 hater in any way. I think the game still shines in many aspects, but the car physics/driving model is somewhat inconsistent - some cars are brilliant while others feel a bit naff and one-dimensional, so it's a bit hit and miss. I still fire it up occasionally to drive the 917s, 512s, F5 and the F Renault.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking about historic version s of tracks, does anyone know if we are getting any of them for Nurburgring? I don't like the new start to the lap with the Micky mouse section, much preferred the prior version with the fast right / left. Would love to see this version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

I should think so, but I have no idea when, what version or where I read it for that matter. Perhaps I read it in the DLC descriptions on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean this version?

That would indeed be fantastic to have, much better flow. Afaik no other sim has this version.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I like AMS 2 and hated P cars 2 with a passion, full of content yes, but the driving was a shambles.
    Now AMS 2 started off with little content but a great driving experience in beta.
    But seems to be going more down the route of Pcars2 in terms of driving recently for me which is sort of putting me off gradually.
    I think I put in 400hrs in beta but hardly 50hrs since V1.0.
    Yes the package is alot better in terms of content and fixes but the core of the driving experience has been watered down massively for me.
    Also AMS2 tracks are some of the best representations in sim racing, yes the track name is the same as other titles, but drive them back to back and its a different league from Reiza.
    I'm just hoping it comes full circle, just might take longer than predicted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Deleted

7. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking about historic versions of Nürburgring…

My worry is that the historic version of Nürburgring that Reiza has promised for AMS2 will be the 1970's version, which while not featured in any other sim, isn't as fun to drive as the version before 1971 which has a narrower feel to it and has the large crests at Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz and Döttinger Höhe where the Formula Vintages can get airborne.

Let's hope that we get the 1960's version!

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

F1 Challenge 99-02 has it. (and the predecessor(s) should have them too) But they're also ooooold. (Still a typical ISImotor-"like" sim)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seconded. And hopefully also the historic versions of:

86-96 Monaco (the only version I like)
    pre-94 Estoril (goodbye terrible chicane)
    76-87 Brands Hatch (with Dingle Dell Corner)
    92 Kyalami
    90's Snetterton (the only good Snetterton layout)

and of course every variant of Long Beach ever. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. CrimsonEminence

I don't know how you came to that conclusion...
    AMS2 was by workwise, quirks etc. even closer to pCars2 in beta by far (and even then it was already a lot different). It's proveable by measuring rear wheelspeeds, the absence of correct tire degradation and heat sensitivity/falloff in beta, different tire tread speed sensitivity, too generic models of driveline components in beta and so on.

11. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'd love to have the 73-82 22 km layout for the Retro G1s because Rush is a cool movie and I'd have the opportunity to fail thoroughly at beating Lauda's less than 7 minute lap in a similar car.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Manohy

Manohy Member

Just wait and see. Survey has never been used to evaluate a sim especially due to the fact that fan boys are the most vocal people so they likely will flood the the survey with their opinions. In the other side natural community reaction from hundreds of forum threads, social medias, youtube comments etc justified with Steam DB charts (if you know how to use it) can be a non official but viable method.

13. CrimsonEminence

That's why i asked for "representative" data. So it's anecdotal reference after all and it's presenting this as supposed facts what happens here. Please don't do that, it's misinformation.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yarp, that's the one, it's so much better. I was disappointed when they got rid of that. What was the point to the change? It did not add anything extra to the track. I guess the point was to make T1 an overtaking opportunity which it has but they didn't have to go the that extreme to do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe if you instead had said: some cars are brilliant while others feel completely bullocks - then I would have thought that you was talking about AMS2.:whistle:

ByTheWay: To not be misunderstood then I absolutely dont think Reizas version of the physics/driving model is bullocks. Only as it is expressed in some cars:D

16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love this as well, as long as it doesn't sabotage our chances of getting the more extreme 1960's version ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've been testing pC3 for the last 7 hours and have to say, that title runs considerably worse than both pC2 and AMS2! I have no idea why, it actually looks, not as good, aliasing is not great and i'm not sure but i think shadows are the same also but they seems to be the biggest problem with performance while not removing the shimmer that has plagued the Madness engine.
    I hope Reiza manage to find a better solution than SMS have for pC3 (if they did anything).

Just to say, i didnt buy pC3, it was bought for me by another forum mod wanting my opinion on it! I didnt ask for it, he just offered it and put it i'm my Steam account. I was curious and will play for as long as i need to review it fairly....who knows, it may be my new go to :p

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just to clarify the discussions about SMS / Reiza track assets: there was an exchange of assets that saw some of PC2 track assets be used in AMS2, and some of AMS2 assets in PCars3 (I´m not sure how much of our stuff they ended up using but I believe Jerez was one of them, naturally reworked to their standards).

On our side, the following AMS2 tracks feature reworked SMS trackside objects AND reformed terrain / track mesh:
    • Azure
    • Nurburgring
    • Daytona
    • Long Beach

The following AMS2 tracks feature some SMS trackside objects (terrain / track mesh redone from scratch):
    • Silverstone
    • Spa
    • Snetterton
    • Donington
    We don´t have anything else from SMS beyond these, so except for a possible but unlikely event of a new asset exchange or handover taking place, everything beyond these now and in the future is 100% Reiza scratch-made.

• Informative Informative x 22
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

So the *Sebring you have for us isn't S397's version :D because i'm sure not many would be to concerned about that version :whistle: (best Sebring ever).

*There has been nothing mentioned from Reiza that we will be getting Sebring....this is just wishful thinking from me sorry :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Me, too but since there are a hundred + tracks to create to satisfy most of the classes, it kind of makes sense to include a good sampling and then let the market (us, voting with our wallets) decide which series will get fleshed-out to a full offering. Right now, only the modern Brazilian stock cars are in that category, but there is no reason we can't have any series or era recreated we choose, as long as enough are willing to pay for it.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.