1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manohy

Manohy Member

You seem to be the person constantly asking for proof of this and that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

As he is the man with the telemetry data,yes!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, because i'm one of the persons, reacting to feedback and reporting this and that to Reiza directly. (Imagine reporting "physics are strange"...this will not really give any hint towards the "what especially")
    Not the only one and not the most knowledgeable one, but yes...i'm one of the fastest, when it comes to the moment to moan about physics quirks, so maybe there is something to it, when people speak about potential issues...without proof it becomes hard to verify, though.
    And i'm not innocent of complaining about physics quirks, that don't exist, so it's better to have proof. :whistle:
    Know that, been there... :D

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the 2020 interior,

They were probably bored after a while by those rotary knobs

They also come in black and blue

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Apex

Apex Active Member

I think the trees and vegetation look very good and contribute to the illusion of actually being there.

[​IMG]

6. SunBro

SunBro Member

Thanks for jumping the gun mate. Really do. That elms video? They are using the old spec porsche there. Not 2019 :) Wow man... Thanks for making my morning :D

Do Your Goddamn Research.jpg

Also, do you see the livery in that sebring video? It's the old gen car too :) Just because a video is uploaded in 2020, it doesn't mean it's the latest.

Soooo, @Renato Simioni anything? I mean i'm okay with getting the 2017 car but if you're gonna go that way, you must match the exterior to 2017 car. What is this? A fantasy porsche car that doesn't exist?!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If the RSR sounds and drives anything like the AC/R3E version, once the engine turns on and you start driving, you will forget to look at what colour the knobs are. :D

8. SunBro

SunBro Member

If anyone from the rf2 discord is here, they can say how criminally obssessed i'm about interiors. I care about the interior more than the exterior. That's where i spend most of my time with steering wheel ALWAYS on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RDG

RDG Active Member

Honestly curious: are the red dials the only difference between the '17 and '19 version?

10. SunBro

SunBro Member

Ofc not. I don't give a rats ass about dial colours. Those are easily customized by teams. Mate get this:

The whole interior is different. Let alone the steering wheel. They're mixing 2019 exterior with 2017 interior. Basically a fantasy car.

11. CrimsonEminence

Porsche-911-RSR-19-Cockpit.jpg

M17_0716-6842eaa0.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SunBro

SunBro Member

Yup. Let's forget my obsession about the wheel for a moment. Look at the button panel. Even that is different.

13. RDG

RDG Active Member

Yeah OK, that's sufficiently different to notice. Having the 2019 RSR would be very nice, especially if they get the audio down right. The physics and FFB will undoubtably be superior to AC1's 2017 RSR (hello single point tyres...) and the interior details will undoubtably be superior to rF2's half-assed interior, so very much looking forward to taking this one out for a spin. Daytona is also a very nice addition, I am hoping they will add a Le Mans pack with some more LMP cars at some point though, as that's the only thing I still have rF2 installed for.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Often when people say that there is something wrong with a car there is a chance that it is caused by the game. But, often it is based on the fact that the car just is a ****ty car also in real life which is the case with the Stock Car 2020. There is nothing wrong with the car in game, it just is a ****ty car in the real world and was translated very well. For 2020 the Stock car got a complete new chassis which was not a racing chassis like it was used in 2019. That's all, carry on :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. CrimsonEminence

I think you should quote the one stating, it is strange. I'm pretty aware of what has changed to this car :p :D (EDIT: Underneath the car isn't that different, but it has less downforce and slightly shorter wheelbase, also harder tire compound.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

The car is different for sure. Body is less prototype-like. But is it not still a JL racing chassis underneath?

17. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Not being funny but my work van has a ladder chassis from the early 60s but still drives better than this stock car 2020.
    Its not about the cars being better or worse, its the core physics are way too unstable whether doing 50kph or 200kph.
    Just driving at very slow speeds, with no intention of putting down a fast lap, almost an out lap pace, some cars are just all over the place.
    I can understand when pushing over the limits of grip but not at slow speeds.
    People say AMS2 has evolved in terms of the drivlines and telemetry but to me its getting worse in general.
    Some cars are also way too fast on certain track combos with these changes.
    Yes straight line speed has gone over the top yet cornering and stability has become worse IMO.

I'm not sure how far Reiza was from P cars2 in beta but since v1 release it seems to be getting more like pcars 2.

Am I the only person that thinks the driving physics have become worse over time, even though some changes are obviously for the better of the game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You post is very general. Were your slick tyres warm, when you say the handling is all over the place when going slow. Slicks are awful when going slow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Can you tell us,wich cars you mean in your opinion?Would be interesting.
    In PCars 2 i discover,they drive like a "brick".

20. CrimsonEminence

Under the body, the car is pretty much similar, with slightly shorter wheelbase. And it needs harder tires, because it cooks softer tires more.

That's quite an exaggeration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.