1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

There are changes in code this time, as well as scales and the Lfb slider that affects the center_full value too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

The heavy braking feel was kind of my idea I admit, on DD1 it now feels quite balance as we reduced the overall scale a bit too. The idea behind this is that in most race cars the sensation during braking is extremely strong, even not extremely fast Porsche Cup and M3 when I braked hard after a long straight, it overwhelmed any other feelings around the track :) including cornering G.

Anyway, where is @Stakanov and his tests :) not sure if it was him who mentioned this but 4.1 should have much better and more balanced tearing and scrub, I think it got a bit muted in 4.0

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

the brake feel is a amazing feature.
    But the issue was that it was basically giving a lock up effect as soon as I touched the brakes , even just a half press even though the brakes were not locked, then it would behave as expected afterwards.

The fix we applied to my file worked brilliant and I get a nice progressive pressure feeling before locking, which then gives a bit of a spike just before going lite.

I'm not sure if the sensitivity of pot brake's over load cell has a role in this initial spike ?

4. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Agreed. 4.0 is really good, but this was the only part where I was trying to get some improvements in it (hence my question few posts behind). Firing up AMS2 to test 4.1 now.
    EDIT: feeling of loosing grip is much better now.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  5. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried 4.1 but for me it goes very light as soon as I start to turn. It feels almost as if the front wheels are in the wet on slicks. I have tried all sorts of in-game FFB settings, with little change. All other rFuktor files give me a front end feeling, just not 4.1. Anything I should be looking at? Thanks

6. Kuku Maddog

Yes it possibly does get a little too light.
    i noticed the front stretch feel has been lowered from .006 to .005 .
    maybe try put that back up and see if it helps front end feel.

7. Karsten Hvidberg

It sounds weird, which car is doing this?
    Also what settings did you use for 3.8 & 4.0 that don't work with 4.1?

But in general, if you find the slip is too pronounced, you can adjust this:
    (slip_crossover_line2_start_y 0.25)
    and lower the 0.25 slightly.

8. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Hey @Karsten Hvidberg, pls update the OP with the new versions as they get released. It'll really help to get quick access to the latest files. I've been checking the OP regularly and I'm still on 3.6 :eek:, not that there's anything wrong, but I like new stuff :D. Thanks for the great work here btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michael Enright

I have been giving the Stockcar 2021 a bash lately. I tried 4.1 completely stock to start with, and then changed some of the settings to the same as I had in 4.0. But nothing seemed to give me any feel when turning. Have upped & Lowered LFB, Gain and Damping, still with no real answer. Went back to 3.7, 8 etc etc and all brought about the return of the front end feeling. I'll try changing that line and see what happens.
    Could you tell me what changing the numbers 1.3 and/or 4 in the lines
    (brake_centering_l (+ 1 (* 2 (power brake 1.3) brake_feel (power grip_fl 4))))
    (brake_centering_r (+ 1 (* 2 (power brake 1.3) brake_feel (power grip_fr 4))))
    would do.
    Thanks for your efforts. It has definitely changed AMS2 for me, in a very good way.

10. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, the 1.3 is making the brake feel slightly less at first.
    The 4 makes it so we relax this brake feel very fast when losing grip.

Maybe it's the "4" that you want to lower to 3 or even 2. Please post back what you find, as I think these lines are up for change in 4.2.

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Michael, when you say no feel when turning, do you mean your ffb is completely dead other than effects?

12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I have a Thrustmaster T150 wheel and use custom FFB setting ingame.
    With some cars I have soft-lock (i.e. Caterham), with others not (i.e. GT4 McLaren).
    Is soft-lock car depending or how to fix that?

13. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Just tried Stock cars on my fanatec and its actually excellent, much better than last year. The tyres load quite fast and Im almost tempted to say the turning forces and tyres feel better than GT cars :)

14. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Marinus,

I just am under water, so the time I spend these days is on the file only and then a post in the thread.
    I also intend to assemble a zip file with all the latest great tunes, but time gets in my way...
    I might have an idea that can help though...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Enright

No not completely dead, just very weak.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

It sounds really weird.. What settings?

17. Michael Enright

I changed the lines you said,
    (slip_crossover_line2_start_y 0.25) down to 0.21
    (brake_coef 1.3) down to 1.2
    and brake_feel (power grip_fl 4) Down to 3.
    All feels good now. And did a few PB's. Thank you.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Kuku - as a fellow Thrustmaster user (albeit the entry TMX) are there any tweaks to help convey rear slip, as currently i find it impossible to correct spins in low speed corners. Interestingly Sim Racing Corners review today of the TMX (
    ) actually mentions the same thing, and in comments he suggests that these low end wheels simply cannot provide the necessary feedback. Maybe as a workaround i will try fiddling with Simvibe and see if rear slip can generate some shaking in the basshaker thingy

19. Efe7to

Efe7to New Member

4.1 with the changes by Michael is F A N T A S T I C on my T300, I had toned down the kerbs a bit too.
    Last car i tested was the M1 procar at Oulton park. I had a big smile from start to finish:). Could just drive and drive and enjoy this combo (have 2 tranducers - front/back - too for various effects) again and again, but had to leave a comment and thank all that made this file possible. Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

From my short experience ( thankfully) with a tmx is they feel quite different to a T300/tx.
    It could be that you are correct about wheel not being capable of low force’s.
    and it could also be that it’s just the low speed corner issue that is constantly being raised . Which is a physics/ differential problem.
    I would suggest a g290 tune by stakanov would be more relevant to a TMX than any other.