1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

oh mate, can't you upload a video from real life :)?

It's the only ccw - oval with a right turn I know so far o_O
    trenton.JPG

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I really hope this QOL feature will soon for multiple controller profiles!

For a 2021 Sim this is really something that should be a standard.

Many of us use wheel bases with interchangeable rims with many different button placements and combinations....having to remap for each swap is annoyed AF!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, agree. I don’t swap rims just because I do not want to remap buttons everytime. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im not trying to be smart here but its pretty simple to use a (again pretty simple) batch file to swap the wheel profile created for the different rim mappings.
    I have briefly described it in another thread.
    Basically its the file default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav that just shall be swapped to another default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav.
    Not exactly rocket science guys :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Aw man, ya ruined it right at the end there.

Keep trying though!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. BrunoB

Yeah yeah - terrible of me.
    But I couldnt help it :p
    Because it is actually pretty simple.
    I use some simple batch files myself - but when I in another thread posted this then a smarter guy showed changing different profiles could be done via one(1) batch file with a simple multi choice menu.

7. Bull Shark

yeah that is a solution indeed and not hard to write a batch for. The bad thing about that, bad,bad,bad is a big word, but the bad thing is, you have to shutdown the game, run the batch file and fire up the game again just because you want to drive in an other car. Not a very big deal but it would be nice you could swap rims without this turnaround. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

So can i quit a race in a Porsche Cup car using my Porsche rim then swap my rim while i load in the Formula Reiza while the batch file runs?
    Not being smart but i don't think it works like that and i need to quit the game, run the batch and reload the game and select my next car and swap rims!

What i and i assume others want is to be able to swap rims even on track like Fanatec allows (mid race) and just change the profile!

I reckon i could remap the buttons quicker than restarting/ reloading and running a batch file.

I've had people comment on me using SimHub for external dashes, saying they don't like running something that the game should have by default, this is one area i agree with them. The game should have this built in!!

9. 2ndLastJedi

Can this be done in game?
    I'm not sure if you know or not, but i'm completely illiterate with PC's and have little to no idea about this stuff :oops:

10. Bull Shark

I don’t think it works like that. As far as I know, could be wrong of course, does the game read the configuration files during booting. Once loaded it won’t read the configuration files again.

11. BrunoB

Principally you are right.
    But I guess that in the daily/normal use of a racing game you (mostly) decide before you start the game up which car/wheel to use.
    I agree that if you suddenly while you are inside the game get a revelation like: Dammit I want to drive a truck instead of this fu***ng F1 - then you need to exit the game and start it up again.

But honestly how many times a day does this happen :D

ByTheWay: Does anyone say that someone are starting the mandatory forum habit up: Cant we in any way find the hair in the soup? Even a tiny one?:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Umm, only every time i play :eek:
    I change cars and rims multiple times a play....I may stay on cars with round rims for part the night but then i may get the urge to drive a modern GT or Formula then later i just need some old school turbo action, now i have changed 3 times in just a couple of hours :whistle:
    I do this in all games, in AC i have each car already with its rim profile loaded so as i change car the buttons swap automatically ;) For ACC and rF2 i just pause the game, swap rims and profile in the control section and continue but AMS2 i remap only the crucial buttons and leave most unmapped :( Definitely not getting the most out of AMS2 like this though :(

As for your hairy soup ponder, i don't even understand what your on about o_O but that wont be the first time that has happened in this forum :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

No. Because the profiles are (as mentioned) read into memory while the game starts up.
    Haha it would be easy to check manually - without even creating a batch file.
    You could just create the mentioned config file twice with another calibration in a renamed copy.
    Then inside game esc out and replace the used config file with the other (rename it back).
    Either the game will ignore the new configs settings - or the game will crash :p

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Take round rim. Saw the bottom and top off. Now you've F1/GT-rim.
    • Attach a female and male-connector (whatever you desire) on the sides.
    • Whenever you feel like you need a round rim.. Just click the top and bottom on your new rim.
    • Profit
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The whole point of AMS/AMS 2 is the wide variety of vehicles to choose from. And no, we are not living in a dictatorship where we can only pick one vehicle to use per gaming session.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In any case, Renato has stated in the Facebook Q&A that multiple controller profiles is on the to-do list already. It is clearly a required feature.

• Like Like x 7
  17. BrunoB

Yeah good input to a friendly forum discussion.:rolleyes:
    I guess the "And no, we are not living in a dictatorship" is some kind of smart answer to someone who does say that we are living in a dictatorship.
    Otherwise its just idiotic.

ByTheWay: Last time I saw such friendly way of distorting a reasonable discussion was in the RaceDepartment forum - not here :rolleyes:

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This basically should end all the discussion around it for now. It's planned and it will be in the game at some point in the development. I think, the war has ended. :p :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

We’re only a third of the way to the end of the month and the tension is starting to show all over the forums :D it’s gonna be all out war by June 1st

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ohh there was a QA on FB? Can someone do a summup? :D I don't have an account over there. It scares me.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.