1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE="Wolfgang Herold, post: 132181, member: 1249"].[/QUOTE]

That's the kind of post I like!
    Short, and to the "point", hmmm?

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I read this to mean its pointless to argue.

When a thread is hijacked by people whose technical sim vocab is limited to “simcade” and “fanboy” there is absolutely nothing to do but to watch the thread derail into oblivion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thanks for this thoughtful answer @Mike1304 - appreciated. :)
    I mean instead of the mandatory The fault is in your end buddy - so why dont you install some apps that maybe is able to diminish this scream? Or just turn down the sound :rolleyes:

But my post was mostly(!) ment ironic/humorous.
    Haha and have ofcourse NOT contacted @Renato Simioni :p:p
    Instead I have completely given up even starting such unrealistic(IMO) screaming things as the mentioned Sauber.:confused:

ByTheWay: By coincidence I will have 2x consultations in the next weeks on a speziales ;) hospital where they will try to create/tweak some speziales earplugs to at least "mask" the tinnitus tone in my head.
    Oh and I had the same misconseption that it was possible to induce a similiar tone in the ear as the tinnitus - but in antiphase. But that is just something from cartoons. It doesnt work in RL:(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

And offline chart?
    and

ac.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sorry, what is your point again? That other sims are more popular online than AMS2? So what? Pretty childish to come here and start pointing this out.

Its like going to a friends house and starting to be in his face how you are so much more popular than him. You might be, but you are also an arse.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Beccobunsen

mine is better..

Hot-Wheels.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine is bestest evar:
    f8907b23af3d46ab1e89e16591488fdf8c359e0e.jpg

And i drive it on my own racetrack:
    E04o1btXoAACDpj.jpg

Don't even think about @ing me! :p

• Funny Funny x 8
  9. Beccobunsen

I challenge you to a duel...

Sega_Rally_twin.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Really looking forward to it!
    47ffa2c320b1fc0709396810f78481e064cadbe0.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sega Rally on the ferry to Calais > Dover (vice versa) and Fishguard > Rosslare (vice versa) was the bomb. Not forgetting Time Crisis and many others <3

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope that in the next update, will have traction control.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Manohy

Manohy Member

In sum those fanboys are not helping Reiza, they are just helping themselves. People don't like the word "fanboys" but it's surprisingly clear that we have many of them here. People also should understand that if they want their favorite sim to stay here as long as possible, considering the market and what's around is mandatory.

- AMS2 fanboys have a childish state of mind and don't want to admit that everything is about money and people. It's a market after all. "greatest sim" is a pretty ambitious statement.

- AMS2 still have to find its place among the other sim and the fanboys that are not big enough to make the sim go above 300 players per day make it harder because they don't help Reiza to find the good spot , they just applaud after each update because they are already satisfied to get a proper PC2 version with a good VR implementation. A bit selfish IMHO. They say all sort of thing about AMS2 like it's the ultimate sim. In reality they just project their opinion using their individual case not taking the market in consideration. "I have the perfect sim because it has all sort of content, It also makes my VR device working well, etc etc)

- Most of the fanboys mostly from simcade titles don't regularly play or can't enjoy the other sim so they use all sort of excuses to justify every single weakness of AMS2. "cannot drive the car? Use setup / "The sound is bad? use external equalizer / "use batch files / and bla bla bla.

- The installation of the old GT3 cars consolidated a strong level of Fanboism. It was the first bad move that AMS2 made to divide it's community. Let see what the american pack will do.
    S397 is also developing an new 24h lemans game and the new Nascar Heat. Let's see if AMS2 can stay competitive once the S397 hype trains launched.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LET'S BE CLEAR
    I'M NOT HERE TO CRITICIZE BLINDLY, MY SUGGESTIONS THAT SHOULD BE DONE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. AMS2 don't have so much time IMHO. Long term development depends of what we have today...

- stop all fancy and trendy new content. It's already a red ocean and it makes AMS2 jailed under PC2 aura. Add a maximum of classic and old cars and tracks. It's a big market if correctly approached, Reiza need no take the time to study the AC ecosystem. There are many paid classic car mods that are selling incredibly well. If there is a sim delivering them as vanilla or DLC content it will be a God send for thousands of potential new customers.

-promote stockcar 2021 or any Brazilian serie esport along the real races

-improve the sound it change after each update for the worse. Too smooth and flat.

-Reiza should be more adaptive and use the community FFB files as default. Reiza should be less elitist also and thinking that the FFB is better for high end wheel. High end wheel owners is a small market.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fanboys don’t help Reiza... Hmmmm...
    Isn’t it normal that people who like and enjoy the game want more of the „fancy and trendy new content“ and give positive feedback in the official forums here?

In my case I simply get the best experience in VR in AMS2 and therefore it’s my only go-to-sim at the moment and I stopped playing AC, ACC, FF2 and RRRE. That’s why for me it’s the „greatest sim“ at the moment and I want as much new tracks as possible to enjoy racing there in VR.

I help Reiza (and me of course) by buying their game and DLC and Season Pass and giving them good reviews.

Don’t care if you call me a „fanboy“ because of this but I find nothing „childish“ here and I don‘t know what’s the intention of your post. Do you feel you have a „mission“?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is so out of touch, its mind boggling. Not only is it out of touch with what has been explained ad nauseum to be the reality of the AMS2 development cycle, its completely misrepresenting the fanbase who is looking forward to new content.

What you don't realize is that some of the very same people in this thread that are enthusiastic about new content, and trying to rationally explain what is going on to you and others over and over and over again are the very same people that have made and continue to make valuable thought driven contributions to make the game better in other threads. Physics, AI, you name it. Where are you in those threads?

Is there a certain % of people that think Reiza can just shuffle personnel and limited resources to make AMS2 like some other sim that is 3 years old or more? Sure. Yes. We know!

Does every thread need to digress into yet again another discussion about it. NO!

Bottom line. No matter how many time you post your opinion and how many capital letters you use. Its not happening. Its just not. And just because people get frustrated hearing the same opinion stated over and over again and want to move on and enjoy the game for what it is, does not make them fanboys.

IMHO Reiza has a massive project and they are swinging for the fences. A small devoted team without corporate financing overlords. Making a game for us and listening to us and going as fast and as best they can. They have a vision and I'm all in. Will they fix what needs to be fixed? dam right! LET'S GO!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those mod teams benefit from an unclear legal position by making unlicensed representations of classic cars, which Reiza cannot do. They are negotiating new licenses, but each one costs time and money so they need to be strategic about what series they want to target. I also question the premise that historical cars are driving the popularity of AC.

Hopefully something like this will come in the future, but the multiplayer isn't technically good enough yet plus they would need full-time staff to support any eSports series.

The sound doesn't change after each update, and certainly not for the worse. Also every car sounds different and many of them are far from "smooth". Saying such things just invalidates your valid points. Sure, it could be improved in many cars and I would like to see more 3D sound elements added in the future, but they have a pretty experienced sound modding team working on just that.

I actually agree with the first part of this. I don't know what the second part means, AMS2 has some of the best FFB out there for low/mid-range wheels, certainly better than what AC/ACC have out of the box.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Squalido

Squalido New Member

Which wheel do you have? I have a low end wheel (TMX) and AMS2 is up there for me next to rFactor2 in terms of FFB. And I am using the default FFB and not a custom one. Just be aware that the current default settings are not good for this wheel, so some time needs to be spent for finding the sweet point for them. But this is true for all sim games as no game has settings tailored to a specific wheel.

18. Manohy

Manohy Member

Most of the notorious and praised AC modders use generic car replicas with accurate real car version specs and they are selling well. They are even better than the vanilla game quality. They just use different names and not showing the original brands logo. We should not forget that AMS2 has a bunch of generic cars too so it should not be an issue for the sim. AMS1 almost entirely used those generic cars to sustain itself.

• Like Like x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only generic cars in AMS2 are the Formula 1 cars and the Super V8 so you probably should forget that idea. And no modern sim has official content that are obvious unlicensed clones of real cars with silly names like Darsche or Bayro because that is an excellent way to get sued, even if legally you might be able to defend yourself.

20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

There are people like that on here, yeah. I'd like a few examples, though, because I can remember 2 times I encountered this behaviour, and didn't think it to be a problem especially more prevalent with AMS2.

Now, on towards the actual merit of your post, which are the provided suggestions to improve the game.

I'd personally like that, and think it'd be a viable business strategy. However, maybe a bit too late for that? Reiza have already gone down the "Jack of all trades" route, and have secured licences etc for modern series as well as historic ones. So this suggestion might be something to keep in mind for a potential AMS3, but not for this game.

AFAIK, this is praying to the converted, because Reiza have stated they want to do exactly that.

Again, praying to the converted, because in this very development update, Reiza have promised big sound updates.

I don't own a wheel, so I can't say anything to that. However, seems to me like this is more of a preference thing, especially because I'm not sure I've heard someone excessively criticize the FFB on AMS2. Most have tended to criticize the physics instead.

So, to sum your post up, your suggestions consist of switching paths that can hardly be switched anymore, of things that are already being worked on, and of a FFB tweak. Not sure whether that truly is as groundbreaking as you seem to think it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.