1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Just do what I did.

Get a Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel and have fun.

It's a xbox 360 controller that you can turn like a wheel. I use it since 2014, and works flawlessly in several sims (rf1, raceroom, iracing, assetto, AMS1, pcars2, ams2)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

What do you mean. There's just not enough hours in the day to do everything ever. They couldn't make a great rock solid engine AND a game to please everyone with the best parameters ever for the madness engine. Maybe that's not accurate but take the point.

Unreal tournament. Heard of that? Probably not. Now they just make engines. Fortnight is another one. Got lucky. Epic who make unreal basically were about to throw all that away with the pathway that turned into fortnight/remade a title into free to play.
    Ams2 doing along the same lines.

3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Last message from my part, because this doesn't seem to go anywhere: I think you're overestimating the work to be done.
    This is how gamepad driving currently looks. Note how I have a distinct limit of turn-in in slow corners. That's the only thing I'd want to improve.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Raceracerace

I will check this out thanks. Well not advancing the conversation just that I meant they have their hands full atm with racin USA and graphics etc

5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

But what's your settings? Why you have it?

6. Raceracerace

Pffft! Do you believe him!? He's too good. It's a wheel!

7. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He is being ignored. Better like that :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Raceracerace

Did you get a load of the guys braking technique. If those are not load cell pedals I'll be damned.

9. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I see..i'm need too contact ffb team of my family monovolume, im feeling nothing, is too loose and i cant drive. Too much hydraulic help? Its feel disconnected...

10. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Wheel and gamepad are the same, that's the point.

My problem is it could be misconfiguration or solving other issues with this settings.

11. Raceracerace

The way he toyed with the white car for 3 whole laps before overtaking was sublime

12. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yeah, gamepad power.

13. Raceracerace

Well gamepads from everything I've seen need to be gimped. Not enhanced.

In rf2 today with the gamepad I felt like i could not run out of grip. Ams2 is so much better than that because you can easily run out of grip, you can go too fast and turn too much.
    In life you can bust a cars grip away from very low speeds. Ams2 is great at that.

I'd be pretty happy where controllers are at for ams2 probably, objectively.

14. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

You probably just can't drive. AMS2 and rF2 are almost the same.

15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Psst, the hands are more precise than the foots..normally.

My last post on this 3d.

Wait , all the history of sim is bogus, Indy 500 with keyboard?, Savage. Gpl with an quikshoot 5 (or 4) , heresy.
    Gt1 whit gamepad, there are fool!

I use all type of pad, gamepad, keyboard, dance pad. Wiimote, kinect,wheel, joystick a damn 360 Sega Glock system. Im using its from the 80', i not limiting myself. Most of us arent last 2 year "simracers" with triple screen and dd wheel (generic and imprecise categorization,i know), i have 40 year of gaming folk.

Now, i m not telling you when ,where, how you control the "game".
    Please do the same.
    Why these people with a lot of money can't find another hobby and don't break into a world that doesn't fully understand, what do I know, a collection of rare butterflies, then I remember that gamers are fundamentally very democratic, not snobbish.
    Gamers, you heard right, I don't know if you remember what a sports car is like, and any "simulator" is very far from those feelings.
    So have fun.

And i see you on the track ( with LegaEagle voice)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  16. Raceracerace

You little troll
    If you're old enough to even drive a car I'd be absolutely flabbergasted! Get a life, job, c whatever, go back to Forza. Is this the limit of your life!? GAME controllers!?

Time to expand your horizons my little brain capacity limited nemesis... There's certain things ams2 should not stop simulating, ever. I don't care about your controller agenda. You need to hear this: it's idiotic.

17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Please stop disussion.
    Ran out of POPCORN! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Your opinions are so off you probably never had a gamepad in your hands. rF2 is on rails and AMS2 is OK? Sure.

Gamepad bro showed you how gamepad is like a wheel but you still have some problems...

Order a new one! :D

19. Delvious

Delvious New Member AMS2 Club Member

If we're going with this elitism, a super ultrawide monitor is also a minimum then for "immersion".

That's a stupid train of thought. The beauty of video games in general is their accessibility. I say let people have the ability to use gamepads, as that may be all they are willing to spend/afford. Gating people is stupid. Just because i have disposable income and have spent alot of money on my rig, i would never expect others to do the same.

20. Raceracerace

Nah man don't worry because I've been pissing myself laughing this is good value, you play your role so well. Very funny this whole thing.

You'll buy a wheel one day. You're in good hands with reiza. We both know your gamepad is just a temporary measure. You won't be able to resist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.