Sim Racing. General discussions and thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maser V6, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Sunday Morning here, coffee time.
    Today will be an interesting, difficult, wonderful, dangerous, exciting, loud though not as loud as in the past, sad for some, and triumphant for 1 in particular.
    Who can master the Special skills for the
    MONACO Grand Prix
    Some nice historic references and footage.

Have a nice day.
    extras

Nico in his sim gives us some tips

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. Maser V6

Coffee vids and live from Brands Hatch
    Heck even the 3 weeks of rain have gone, should be lots of class's (no schedule atm)
    Enjoy

A festival of racing, an old-school circuit and a weekend of social fun! It has to be Brands Hatch!

The 15th Masters Historic Festival is back to its usual end of May date for 2021, on the historic circuit of Brands Hatch. This old-school circuit has preserved the nostalgia of historic racing with its original layout from the 1960s and is a definite favourite of drivers and fans alike.

The Brands GP circuit is both fast and technically challenging for our drivers, with an exciting combination of skilful, entertaining, wheel-to-wheel racing...the way it used to be in the golden era of motorsport!

The busy 2-day weekend format will host Masters Historic Formula One, Masters Endurance Legends and Masters Historic Sports Cars as well as stunning grids for the Gentlemen Drivers, Masters Pre-66 Touring and Masters Pre-66 Minis. Let’s not forget the Masters Single Seater Demos - an added bonus for later F1 owners! The timetable will be ably supported by grids from the Dutch Colmore YTCC.
    Sat in your car on grass banking picnic lucky spectators.
    HD is available though not fantastic

link
    Masters Historic Racing

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Maser V6

On the subject of rigs, after seeing the list

"Case: Cougar Panzer Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950x, Cooling: EVGA CLC 280, Fans: 5 X Fractal Design AL 14 Prisma PWM ARGB, 1 X AL 12 Prisma PWM ARGB, PSU: Seasonic TX 1000 titanium, GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, OS:Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit, RAM: 2 X 16gb G.Skill Neo 16-16-16-36, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570, SSD 1: Sabrent Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 1tb, SSD 2: Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 2tb, SSD 3:Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 2tb, Screen: Acer Predator 38" 3840 X 1600, Wheel: Fanatec DD1, F1 2018 LE Rim, Advanced Paddle Module, SRM Fanatec APM Carbon Paddle Upgrade, PODIUM STEERING WHEEL PORSCHE 911 GT3.
    Pedals: Heusinkveld Sprint 2 pedal set, Rig: Sim Lab P1-X, BBoxes: 2 x DSD P1, Shakers: 2 x Behringer NX3000D Amps, 4 x Dayton 50w transducers (for the time being), Keyboard Logitech G915, Headphones: Hyper X Cloud Flight S."

from @F1Aussie (hi) im curious as to what all that looks like.
    As a simple old gamer not sim racer, never seem to find the time to get the welder out and fix the wonky, recycled ex mobility scooter adaptation I use. lol The scooter was not for me! I just make stuff /art out of trash
    Anybody care to share some pics of their setup and some thoughts on it/why they chose those components?
    Curiosity and where to spend pennies, while the update hrs countdown

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

from @F1Aussie (hi) im curious as to what all that looks like.
    As a simple old gamer not sim racer, never seem to find the time to get the welder out and fix the wonky, recycled ex mobility scooter adaptation I use. lol The scooter was not for me! I just make stuff /art out of trash
    Anybody care to share some pics of their setup and some thoughts on it/why they chose those components?
    Curiosity and where to spend pennies, while the update hrs countdown[/QUOTE]

[​IMG]
    Hi there, started a conversation with you and uploaded some pics, enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

But we all want to see it :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maser V6

[​IMG]

Hi there, started a conversation with you and uploaded some pics, enjoy.[/QUOTE]
    Hi F1 Thank you very much for taking the time to take the images. Hell of a nice compact and very impressive rig. ( Now I can see what some of the bits and pieces are from you description list.
    I guess thats the amp in the box for the shakers, they must add a hole load more immersion from what I have seen on u tube. I make audio amps for hi fi and fiddlle with electronics and the idear of those is appealing, the shakers that is couple to my own or modified amps.
    Rig itself looks very sturdy and well thought out, is that the aluminium extruded stuff?.
    Real car seat? sure looks cosy, lol Im on a /rotating recliner thing that I really need to stop moving. daft I know.
    Wondered what kind of fps you run at with the card and pc (just read card specs bimey lol)
    awesome.
    I use 7.1 audio and its just mental but on occasion I will use phones for testing something, like dare I say C9 turbo /g/box wine vs 7.1 but that another unresolved imo issue.
    Very nice, will drool a little more later.
    Thanks again

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Maser V6

Yes Im sure, there was an issue with straight images,upload but managed in the end but not on thread (I cant cut and paste however) Nice kit.
    I know most of the Chaps here are seriously into the kit/investment and I have only had 1 short blast on a proper setup dd etc, was very impressed.
    But the chance of big upgrades here are slim, though as time goes on I often wonder, esp given the hrs I use system for maybe I should spend some dosh.
    Any pics you would like to share and thoughts on your own rig always welcome here. was 1 reason the the op.
    This

Sim Racing. General discussions and thoughts
    has an appeal as a diy project, and @F1Aussie button box's are another as a project

8. Maser V6

Yes Im sure, there was an issue with straight images,upload but managed in the end (I cant cut and paste however) Nice kit.
    I know most of the Chaps here are seriously into the kit/investment and I have only had 1 short blast on a proper setup dd etc, was very impressed.
    But the chance of big upgrades here are slim, though as time goes on I often wonder, esp given the hrs I use system for maybe I should spend some dosh.
    Any pics you would like to share and thoughts on your own rig always welcome here. 1 reason the the op..
    area 51 Mmm EDIT oh is that hardware?

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  9. F1Aussie

Haha, I'll show you mine if you show me yours

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Maser V6

Hes taking pics to post as we speak (type):D
    Thanks again bloody nice kit

• Like Like x 2
  11. F1Aussie

Off to bed now Maser, will reply to your other posts tomorrow, Thai old fart needs some kip to get through work tomorrow and hopefully some racing in the evening with the update!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maser V6

For you gents with telemetry some trace comparison of MS and his corner speeds.
    How does ams 2 Aliens compare?

when looking at M,S trace and a certain TT chap in AMS2 @------ when watching in replay his inputs online race they are not that different. Constant rapid adjustments and on a limit most seem difficult to reach or maintain, myself included of course. Hence his many TT times and gaps.
    Busy couple of days for the sim but interested if we can have a trace /thoughts/compare/ etc
    Or just a coffee and watch.
    You can work the wheel and fight the car or work the wheel and dance with the car

Old footage but interesting.

Thanks Cr but yes was on low, I think it came about from switching from beta to notformedia and when I do ( 3 times last evening) it redownload a +3gb media branch and 2+ gb beta
    whats that about, shedload of duplicate files and using space. So I have uninstalled beta, and instal fresh beta overnight. will try later.

Bonus porsche chevy?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  13. Maser V6

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  14. F1Aussie

Hi Maser, yeah, the amps are two channel so power 4 shakers all up, one on each corner, I can't race without them now as the experience feels flat without them. They add so much as you feel the kerbs, the bumps in the road, the engine idle, the gear changes, lockups and so on. It really does completely change the experience.
    Yeah the rig is alu extrusion, very very solid, and heavy overall. I reckon my rig weighs around 100kg all up. It is really good stuff and so modular you can add or change them around very easily.
    I did have a race seat but found it very uncomfortable, I am not exactly small either so replaced it with a very comfortable front seat from a car from the wreckers.
    Yeah the PC put a dent in the wallet, my entire rig and PC has cost me about $21,000 AUD.
    I find that racing sims are very demanding on fps. For example in Wolfenstein Youngblood with RTX on and DLSS on quality I average about 250fps in the benchmark.
    In AMS 2 with all settings maxxed out on a 1600p monitor which is around 3k resolution I get around 170 -180fps but at the start at night with a full grid and looking back at the full field it can drop to high 60's for a number of seconds.
    What is your current setup with your rig, any photos? Might be able to offer some advice or tips once seeing it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The best, what sim racing ever brought to life!
    Embrace the Banter!
    (Trailer for the upcoming event)

16. Maser V6

This seems to be everyone's conclusion from what I have read, must be tip top. Quite amazing how much more is attainable in terms of realism/sensations. Certainly an area that I may explore at some point.

Oddly at 1 point in ams 2,, cant recal the car, maybe c8, I remember sat in pit and had an engine vibration come through the steering wheel. I dont know why it was only short lived and its no longer there. Updates along the way I guess..Also often wondered about asking people about things they had sensed that are no longer felt. apart from wheel vibration I also recall at Brands Hatch i the early days of AMS2 that in the Caterham at paddock I could feel the compression in the dip, and again not felt since. +level of front wheel going light over crests various tracks.

. Some investment there F1, very nice. I am the other end of the spectrum I'm sad to say as you can from my list bottom budget
    (other commitments, priorities, unfinished projects mainly classic car restoration.bottomless pit:()
    However I do, and am having a shedload of fun at this level of kit. Will juggle things at some point. Thanks for the offer of advice:). Stabilising the wonky wheel mount/rig is the first thing I really need to do. may drop a pic in just to show this low end of spectrum just for ref, maybe people amusement :D.
    I hope you and all readers are enjoying the update and release. sure had some fun last night.
    may watch some live 24hrs Nords u tube and catch some onboard vid for some ams2 vs real comparison thread. you can pic the onboard camera of the different cars, from the tube page.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maser V6

Was not going to but could not resist this just popped up on my TV. yet another enjoyable vid from Race BM in case you missed it

have a nice day

• Like Like x 2
  18. Maser V6

Sounds interesting, any idea what tracks?

[​IMG]

Reiza Studios

@ReizaStudios

We can all dream [​IMG]
    how about a street track that doesn’t have all those buildings to model? We have a couple in mind…

19. Maser V6

late but

20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2