1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You can make a report here. But also remember that weather prediction is not a 100% accurate affair. :)
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/official-real-weather-report-topic.16849/

2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not quite working perfectly I think :
    Yesterday irl
    Severe Weather Turned the Run-Up to Eau Rouge at Spa Into a River
    Same moment in AMS2 with real weather:

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

hehe true. i just meant that the weather service might have an update error in the API or something external to Reiza and the Real Weather system :)

Feel free to report it in the RW thread as well
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/official-real-weather-report-topic.16849/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

any of you who are beta testers, sanse by chance are developing the competition system like RF2, or something similar?

6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you check the date? I did the same thing but mine was set to "default date" rather than "current date".

7. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Well well well.....Ive not been able to do extensive driving but after 1 hour or so with a few different cars.... this is such a big step up....

DPi and GTE are fantastic to drive and the new tracks are really good too.

Honestly I enjoyed AMS2 before despite some niggles that bug me (ie ffb oversteer pendulum which so far seems gone and feels more like controllable oversteer which you kinda know its coming because you over cooked a corner ?) but what Ive driven so far just feels right.

I have not even played with the weather and the other multitude of additions from this pack.

You guys should feel very proud of yourselves!!

VR performance has taken a hit but you can see the additional details for instance in Long Beach so I guess its not expected and even in VR shadows on low its a massive improvement over PC2 for instance (not a dig - loved PC2 and very happy you were able to get agreement from Ian Bell to get some of the content from them).

Seriously cannot wait to see what else you guys give us in the USA packs.

The DPi really should be a draw for IMSA fans - the only other place you get it in game is iRacing (outside of mods ofcourse).

So one very big thank you - Im very glad I jumped onboard :):):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow. First GTE race on Daytona with DPi was 100/100. I don't remember the last time I've enjoyed racing towards the evening so much. There's no way I can come back to other sims if bar is set so high. From the noise, through visuals to that FFB sensation - AMS2 delivers fun in buckets. Very large buckets. Stunning job Reiza!

I think much needed work on multiplayer can bring needed volumes now as from single player perspective it's very enjoyable and solid.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

hi,
    can u make me an example how to see?
    i try this update but i not see the difference
    so u selected brasilia race and u inserted a 2008 date? specific one of just 2008?
    than weather? random ? please if u make me an example i can see the difference of the update
    :) :) :)

11. Furbytom

Furbytom New Member

Hi have done the 6gb update so am on the latest version of the game. The new custom championship options are great and really enjoying the graphics updates. Can’t see any option at all for real life weather though?! All I can set is the standard presets or “random”. Any ideas? Not sure if I am looking in the right place it not in the menus.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You activate real weather by clicking the weather slots option full to the left in the session settings.

13. Furbytom

Furbytom New Member

Fantastic thankyou! Will give that a try.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Did you select the date of the event? Real weather is linked to the date (obviously), so if for example you customize race to today June 5th, practice will be automatically set to June 3rd and qualifying to June 4th. If you use real weather with default date, it will use the weather from whatever the default date is (most of them are set to a local summer day in 2019 or 2020).

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So pleased to see this update getting such a good reception. Congratulations Reiza, very much deserved. Have a great weekend basking in your hard earned glory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, I've been quite critical (but I believe in a fair way) of AMS2 on some specific parts of it, but it is undeniable that the sim is progressing in the right direction.

Congrats! May AMS2 get the praise and large amount of players it deserves soon enough!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

loving the update so far, few bugs here and there, but nothing major, only one thing that really needs to get fixed is the Huge fps drop during car crashes, accidents, if a car just touches the wall you get fps drop, and some replay cameras in long beach also drop fps a lot( last corner and first corner).
    The TC and ABS I know that they are in 1-10 numbers, but TC if you go any value from 8 to 1 makes no difference and abs is the same, on 10 the TC doesn't allow full throttle even in a straight line, abs works on 9 or 10 any value lower you can get locking in the brakes if you press it to 100%. Still feels like abs and TC are 3 settings only ( off, low and high)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I always come here and criticize the AMS2, but I also recognize when Reiza gets it right, and with this 1.2 update the AMS2 has improved a lot, especially the physics of cars, when I criticize I always want the best for the AMS2, but there are many here that don't understand, maybe because of the language, maybe because they are very passionate, but the important thing is that yes Reiza, Renato and the whole team, congratulations and sorry if I get too heavy with AMS2, but I do because I really like your previous work.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This particular thing was totally clear and was not understood differently at any point! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I took the Porsche GT3 for a few laps around the Nords and I noticed the same thing. Changing the TC value even for 1 had little to no effect.

Gotta do some more testing with other cars with TC (been having too much fun with Group A) but for now I'm a bit confused.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2