1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We did have a spot of it yesterday though. It's gonna be tricky to accurately simulate really, as I have to keep an eye out for the weather with my job and often times the weather predicts one thing, then I get out to work dressed "appropriately" only to find the good old met office have ballsed it up again, yet on paper it may have said yesterday that it was raining hard, but in actuality it wasn't...or vice versa. I think we are gonna have to take it with a pinch of salt unfortunately.

2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yeah, might have had CBs on the forecast. Isolated summer thunderstorms in the UK can be difficult to implement unless the relevant data centre is located on the circuit you're racing at. Even localised weather like on the Isle of Man TT would be virtually impossible to model as a real weather concept. Just dont look outside while youre racing, unless it starts raining and youve got your washing on the line ;) FYI it rained here in Wiltshire

Edit- just finished my first custom championship race, no issues. Im blown away by the improvements Im seeing- little things like when I rode a kerb (GT3 McLaren at Sao Paulo) too aggressively there's a great visceral kerchunk as the car smashed back down off and bottomed out (aggressive suspension setup). The feedback is awesome, and I got the feeling that the physics now really is rewarding smoothness whereas previously you could really hammer the car. Now I get the feeling that it will bite back if Im a plonker with it. Wonderful stuff! If you introduced flags etc the competition would be in serious trouble (although after this update the competition is waaay back there behind us).. As someone who had a 3 way going with rfactor 2 and F1 2020 (for flags and safety car immersion and career mode) I have to stay AMS2 is doing a good job of getting and now keeping my attention. :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yawn.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, sorry... once again lost track here with the different forums. :D

5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I feel like most car's physics have improved, but the P3 class does feel weird as of this update. They are very reluctant to turn in while braking, but very rotate-y on corner exits. That does not seem quite logical: With the weight transfer going towards the front while braking or lifting, you'd expect the car to rotate more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't actually used any supersampling, il just use the new cars on the old tracks for now

7. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was so focused on testing DPi that I ignored GTE and oh my, that was a huge mistake - Corvette drives like a dream, I don't know what you guys did to the phisics in AMS2 but it is so much better

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

This has been a problem with all of the 911s. As an example, I can go through the first 3 turns of Nurburgring (including hairpin T1) mashing and holding the throttle completely down and only get some understeer. Doesn't matter if I turn off assists or not.

Tried the same thing in the new BMW GT4 and the car is sideways in an instant. But in the prosche cup car/gt3/gte you get nothing but understeer. I'm guessing there's some miscalculation of grip based on the engine in the back. Who knows, maybe it's accurate, but it doesn't feel right.

Don't want to be too negative because every other part of the 911 experience (and the ams2 experience!) is top notch, but I wish there were some fixes here.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I found the same. Feels different from the beta I think. I’m going to try deleting the AMS2 folder tomorrow.

10. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Yup, The Porsche GT3 and the Cups have the same problem... you can only upset these cars on the brakes, but on throttle it will never happen.

To be fair, these cars are also very stable on throttle on other sims, but in AMS2 it feels a bit too much. Like you I also don't want to be too negative about this, because these cars are still very fun to drive and their FFB feels better than ever, but I do think they could do with a few improvements.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As I posted earlier I had the incorrect setting, regardless a margin for error on Live Weather is acceptable but complete rain Vs actually very dry (as i had experienced) is more than a huge margin of error.

Anyway I've yet to see anything that bad with the correct settings yet, so let's see how it goes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Think Dave has cracked the ctd after creating a champ - seems to happen when player is running a DLC car in a custom championship. Was that the case for those of you who had the game not launching anymore after creating one?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. Niandra

Niandra New Member

I have the issue and had cars from the last dlc in the custom championship (GTE cars)

14. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

deleting the /singlechamps/ savefile will have the game start normal again. its in documents in your ams2 folder and your savegames.

15. Maxcar

Maxcar New Member

Hi, want to create a custom championship. I choose "random" on weather forecast for qualy and race, but then when the championship starts, it's always "clear".

I figured out that under championship settings when I click "save", If I go again to "edit championship" It's always "clear" selected, no matter which option I have chosen for weather. Is this normal?

How can I have random weather in a custom championship?

• Like Like x 2
  16. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Well, with real people I can agree. Not so much with the AI.
    The AI level is correct considering it's been a great race, it's just that during quali they struggled to get a good clean lap. AI isn't capable of taking space to make a clean lap, they just run no matter what

17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

y

Yes just tried your test. Interestingly you can 180 degrees spin the corvette and bmw just leaving the pits full throttle. porsche I can leave pits full throttle with no problem same result as yours ref the turns. Every setting tried and videod. There are differing reports on TC as ever.
    For people here who have no issue and can spin [or not) indicating TC is off, then pls video or pics as evidence of all game settings and car settings will help. All 3 cars are very stable but the Porsche, seems in a league of its own.
    I will again delete docs setting and even folder maybe add a clean ams2 install overnight to test more as TC and ABS have been imo ongoing I will try in the Beta also.

Agreed here to

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another finding - you can actually create multiclass lobby with DLC classes and non-DLC, and people without DLC can join and drive non-DLC cars. I thought that people without DLC wouldn't be even able to get to lobby with DLC cars in it. That is fantastic for multiclass events

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Hi Renato,
    Yes, that's what I did. I created some championships, saved and went back today and the game just crashed and can't be open. So should I delete these champ files or just reinstall the entire game as well?

20. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but also read somewhere that having the same skin as the AI may cause a crash Not sure if it is the same issue , maybe need a something something to stop skin double up? Thanks for looking into this, currently staying away from custom champ mode until solution. Go Team Reiza .Epic Leap Forward in this build.