1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.2.0.2 is now live - this is another hotfix hopefully fixing the custom champ season with DLC cars causing game not to start anymore (we’d missed this so far as there are no DLC cars in AMS2 Beta).

v1.2.0.2 CHANGELOG
    • Further adjustments to wet road roll sound.
    • Added pitlane cones to Laguna Seca
    • Fixed a CTD issue on game launch if a championship save game with a DLC player car exists

• Like Like x 23
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, to this moment I was giving AMS2 7/10, but now it is 10/10 GOTY. Finally cones at Laguna Seca! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone confirm Laguna freezese randomly, or perhaps when using the BMW GTE. Had a freeze twice with same combo, but different lobby.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

@Renato Simioni Do you guys ever take breaks? :D thanks for such a quick update, and yes I was running gte cars and dpi in custom champ

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

11/04/1993 - European Grand Prix (Donington Park GP).
    Impressed by this feature. As a test, I used the FClassic G3, P and Q didn't match, but the race was pretty close. Start without rain but with a wet track. More rain in the middle of the race. Sensational!
    I am thinking about running a full race in Montreal 88 (89 date) with the FClassic G2, but I was worried as the race has 69 laps and the maximum fuel allowed for the car is not enough for this number of laps.

Grateful for this feature, unfortunately I still find old and unresolved problems such as karts, which definitely seem to have been forgotten.

6. Renato Simioni

Definitely not forgotten, just proving hard to debug as its inconsistent. Still very much on the todo list.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Renato, awesome update!

I'd like to ask if its possible to hide the steering wheel on a car basis, as opposed to the current global setting. I dont like the steering wheel getting in the way of the dash in the bmw m8 gte, although i need the wheel in the 911 rsr as the shift lights are on the wheel.

I also noticed some bugs in the UI, Laguna Seca is listed as FIA grade 1 when in reality it is grade 2 (Note that i'd love to see f1 take on the corkscrew, and this is possible in ams2 but not reality :( ). Spa 1993 is also grade 1 instead of being listed as historic. Donington Park is listed as UK, whilst rest of the British tracks are under 'England'.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this bug can need every information, if yet so little, if possible. It is really random and problematic to reproduce in always the same manner for each Kart.

(Are the strange temp readings there, first loaded car combo before or are the karts the first loaded class in the game session, are you getting a pit for damage sign, is the brake disc in telemetry HUD blue, do the brakes squeal broken, do they brake normally despite damage etc.)

So when using Karts, it might help to spend attention to some details, making screenshots and some details at hand. It might reveal a new detail, that wasn't seen before even if it seems yet so meaningless. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I don't really want to comment on it for obvious reasons. But I am very impressed with what I am seeing. I hope to buy a full copy soon (I hope my nephew is looking for a new VR or I can lend his one when I get my vaccination).
    But to me, the Porsche GTE looks great and with the sort of grip I expect.
    The complete opposite with what I am seeing with the BMW GT4. That one looks very bad to me. It is always sideways. So I really really hope they will more go the way of the Porsche ((that is also the reason many are happy I think and find it driving great) than the BMW GT4 . Because that one doesn't look realistic at all. The thing I see with the BMW GT4 is what I saw more in the behavior of the cars before. And that looked unrealistic. Just look at it in the sim and compare it to this

So please please please keep up the grip like in the Porsche GTE. And hopefully, correct the GT4.
    I have no clue why people want looser cars. Do you all think it is more realistic. It seems like I am looking at other real footage than some.
    I hope that I don't get a ban for saying this.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

reiza studios, this update is awesome! the physics feel so good

11. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

@CrimsonEminence Thanks. In addition to what you mentioned, I'll try to get some extra information to help.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

BMW GT4 physics are only place holders at the moment
    Edit : looks like I was wrong, they are not place holders :D !

• Like Like x 2
  13. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Oh that is great to hear. Because I am so impressed with the rest that I am seeing and hearing.
    Really really great stuff that they did.
    A great congratulations to the team. I hope foremost that the team and your family are healthy and can get vaccinations quickly.
    You are doing great with the sim in my eyes. Super :)

14. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

My original post from March last year regards the broken superkarts seems to have gone. I can find follow up ones, but not the original that had all the formatted details and screenshots.

The issues are easy to reproduce in my case.
    Any offline race in the superkart VS all superkart A.I, or any other mixed set of A.I classes/cars will show the brake/instant damage problem. In fact I've never not had it happen.

Can't refer back to the specific details now, and currently not at the PC so can't double check. I know I've tried all the obvious stuff:
    Different tracks, times, number of A.I, mandatory pit stops, rolling/standing starts etc.
    Does anybody know if at least the clutch was fixed? (It should work but didn't previously.)

Look forward to being able to try the update either way, sounds like a substantial one.

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I set a CC up with the new corvette and it was crashing.

16. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any reason why RD has posted absolutely nothing on the recent development of AMS2?

They seemed increasingly biase these days towards some games over others.

17. Renato Simioni

Not true! Only on initial beta release. We’d be silly to release a car with placeholder physics :)

It does have room for improvement though, as does most sim cars ever and specially on their initial release. It will evolve from here.

• Like Like x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. JPC

JPC New Member

Amazing update and DLC. Thank you. One thing I notice is that the AI on N24 is still really slow, even at 120. There are a few corners they take pretty badly and it makes it super easy to overtake them. Other than that, it's pretty perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

I think they are usually just a few days late with all news stuff right now. Not sure why but they've really dropped the ball on news covering lately

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I don't think CJRacing is asking for a looser car. He's talking about how the car reacts to a very extreme form of driving (like doing the first hairpin on the Nurb with 100% throttle) where he was trying to loose the car on purpuse and it wasn't happening. You're obviously not gonna see that kind of reckless driving on video footage and if something feels wrong there's no harm in bringing it up.

I love me a well planted car, but this is different. Or maybe not... it might be accurate... let's see how the development progresses and not ask Reiza to make the cars this or that way just because we prefer it ;)

EDIT: I do agree with you that the BMW GT4 is a bit unstable. I still find it a fun car once the tires are up to temp, but on corner exit sometimes a small amount of oversteer can sudently turn into snap oversteer with little warning. I assume that a bit of setup work might fix this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2