1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Morning Laguna Seca vibe [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think a lot of peeps having this issue.
    for me it’s happening in TT mode when either resuming or changing a setting .
    it goes to start but there’s no sound apart from something that sounds like a ticking clock, nothing responds and the only way out is hard reset of pc as alt tab or ctr/alt/del to task manager not working.

it’s bloody annoying

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you delete your race setups? as stated by Renato?

4. Kuku Maddog

yes of course

5. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do not recall Dave Stephenson as one of the developers of SMS.

They literally post rf2 pointless blog post immediately yet for AMS2, there is nothing for a week now. Meanwhile, they have the capacity to post a thread on the front page for F1 race this week. If this is not bias, what is it then?

They finally post it now. I think they are really slow in terms of news these days. R3E has a pretty sizable update which is also nothing till now.

6. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Paul Jeffrey works for Studio 397. It's the minimum to expect everything rF2 related to be posted immediately on his website

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mentioned bias against madness engine which now included AMS2, that's what my comment relates to, the AMS2 part of your post.

8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure about this theory as he missed updated Sebring and latest S397 dev blog (Reiza one was forgotten also).
    In any case, RD seems to have dropped the ball for timely news, which is very surprising for what is the biggest simracing web site. You'd think they could recruit some active members for this, if the current staff cannot keep up. Let's hope it is just a temporary thing...

• Like Like x 1
  9. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

Somehow Real Weather on Nordschleife isnt working properly for me.
    As we most likely all know currently and in the last hours there is Heavy Fog. However, when using Real Weather with Current date I only get Overcast, which is obviously wrong...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Im finding the new Custom Championship feature a really good way to step outside of my comfort zone. This morning I thought I'd try the Formula Trainers and mind blown again. They've clearly seen quite a lot of work since I last dived in, or the whole simulation is starting to come together with the track developments, physics and so on. I know we all have our favourites but if you own an H shifter and like to Heel and Toe then can I urge you to give that series a try at whatever difficulty gets you close and dirty with the AI, because its an insanely fun car that is totally mechanical and has a lively but predictable rear end! I was going to do a GT3 championship but with an eye to any future career mode Im going to immerse myself in a lower series championship structure :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have the built in Windows "Xbox Game Bar" overlay enabled, i.e. the one activated by Win+G, then you can use that to kill the game. In the "Widget Menu" there's a "Resources" item where running processes are listed and can be killed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I don't want to derail the forum topic but...

- Paul Jeffrey works for both RD and S397 this means he can be busy and news be slow to come on RD

- Dave Stephenson works for Reiza and RD too (probably helping them with AMS2 and Simracingp integration too?)

Now the bad part:

- Bramm at RD is pushing on Simracingp so he will write about that only (this is why he pushed on Raceroom/ACC events)

- RD is always biased towards the most profitable sim for them so it can change on the long period (ACC for now just in case you missed that)

- as stated by Bramm RD isn't a simracig news portal but a community interested on running what they like and looking at their interest only (unless you are their partner or a simracing gear brand) so even if there is a community running some kind of social/charity event but not related to them you will never know, same if you developed a free portal for communities like www.justrace.net (which I am part of) or RaceAPP or SimGrid, since those are competitors

- also buying premium is the only way to be part of their races but also to prevent adds to bloat your browser while on mobile (but on desktop too), suggesting better alternatives bring them to accuse me to "steal their income" and ban me for 1 month...

Asking myself if AMS2 worth being promoted in such place (and as side note if worth giving free keys to YouTubers not able to drive on it).

No surprise Renato replies on private FB group were more interesting than RD ones.

Oh my...just popped in my mind, sorry for the edit...what if Paul leaved RD to join Motorsport Games with René from S397 and be in charge of simracing/e-sport news/commentary???

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Its possibly, and this is totally a guess, the location of the data centres that are being used? Perhaps they are not co-located at the circuits but rather in the same general geographic area so will pick up the area weather but not the specific micro climate..

14. Kuku Maddog

useful info , but i have disabled game mode as read it’s problematic.
    normally i can jut go into task management but with this crash the screen just hangs in black

15. Kuku Maddog

fog is one of those things that cpu models and forecasts tend to struggle with .
    it usually needs human input to confirm it as it can be very localised and is very dependent on ground temperature

16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yeah totally. A cooling temperature and dewpoint together with a very light breeze being the more obvious indicator, together with a large nearby water source or large amounts of vegetation and its a near cert :D The localised triggers can be the catalyst for localised fog but if the data centre is only subject to the area weather and not those specific micro climate anomolies then there will be discrepancies. Im wondering if thats what has people wondering when they look at the weather at the circuit compared to the weather represented by the modelling. My thought process is that the weather is accurate given the data, but that the data has limitations which is natural of course. In a fairly general way Im suggesting that we dont get too excited by little variations here and there :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Manohy

Manohy Member

Just tested the new update. I must admit that the physic and FFB have been improved a lot. Bravo Reiza. I'm very surprised because to me it's the north and the south...For example I'm able to reach the same time with the Formula Ultimate without crazy setups, just the default setting. And the car handling is now very different. It's more predictable and less sliding. I've lost faith in the sim especially after reading the later interviews, the devs had tendancy to say that the physic and FFB in the previous version was ok and even better than in the other sim. Now the physic is like in the other sim...and it's good...no need to reinvent the wheel...I was even more upset because in term of communication this big update was more vocal about selling US DLC than a big physic update. Even the update log paragraph about the physic was short and a bit "lazy" like there was nothing special to say about it...The delay didn't help also. Now I can enjoy AMS2 as a sim. I can live without the US DLC but I'm tempted to buy it. Happy enjoy one of my favorite sim again. From now may be Reiza may (or must) needs to improve the marketing side to get more exposure. Thank you Reiza

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

So what’s the result? Do real weather not cover fog?
    I mean, come on, fog is one important factor for racing (see this year n24 race).

i tried yesterday night same, sadly no fog on nords ingame. And we are talking here NOT about just missing a bit of fog, the whole nords forrest is in fog IRL, even right now, but it’s raceable right now. N24 restart right now :D

19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are correct. I live in Zolder, 5km from the track and there is no weather station with useful info in the area. The nearest weather station is about 20-25 km from the track.
    This is probably the case for many other tracks in the world.

20. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I had a very foggy redbullring late yesterday in a race. So it is modelled and does happen. As regards the specifics of your particular situation Im afraid I have no answers, just those guesses Ive set out above.