1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup I can confirm that is exactly how it feels driving a Dacia Logan every day :))!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Because sometimes the most effective way to show something isn’t right is to pull it to its extreme. On a basic level, with a rwd 500hp car, if you turn the wheel to full lock, and mash the throttle, the car should come loose. If it doesn’t, it’s a signal that on-throttle behavior isn’t properly simulated.

Without this basic test, people will do things like show a video with someone saying the car has so much grip to try and ignore your concern ;)

Now explain why the exact same behavior exists for the Porsche Cup Car and GT3R

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think it’s fair to say that is unrealistic expectations. You would need to getting live rain radar and clouds data to achieve that .
    As far as nords goes, I just run in live time and the overcast very well matched the current ( fog lifted mostly ) look.
    over cast is essentially just that , high fog.
    low fog is incredibly hard to track or predict unless you are seeing it with the naked eye.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone was able to see the wall of Fog on Nords with the naked eye from kilometers away irl.
    This was THE Main factor of the race and cant be reproduced in game with Live Weather at all..

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Sooo.. you genuinely expect @Renato Simioni & co to sit there and watch a live stream of each day of each location around the world and tell the game what is currently happening. ...
    Ok

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I don't think it's hard to understand that it depends on the forecast service used.
    Open weather wasn't reporting fog today, was reporting an overcast weather.
    It was reporting fog at Spa, and Spa in game was foggy.
    That's how it works

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reporting discrepancies to real weather is viable btw. Reiza is able to change it manually. I got also fog and rain at my NoS real run, though maybe the time of day, but still... (also "very" historical data might be not the most accurate, for example)

So if you find differences, feel free to mention it! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

@CJRacing Not sure who your asking as you can see from your first post and my same test as yours to mine I agree

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  9. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Sorry mate, I misunderstood where you were going.

10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

really NP:D I have posted many times questioning TC/ABS effect since, well, a long time!
    Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.0.2
    That video was an observation but actually same as others videos I could have picked that you cannot floor the gas before the apex and get away with it rl the chap in another vid was too keen and almost lost it despite the cars phenomenal grip RL
    I did as I said I would last night and deleted complete docs folder and do all the pain of reassignments. the results of my test are the same as I stated. (and yours/others)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Well they learnt a thing or two about this engine. This is basically nothing to do with me but I had hoped the title would reach this nice and smooth point. I have several philosophies why last year I suggested such an outcome. The engine is really technical. Yes it takes years but cool isn't it! It seems simple true, but there's a lot of dynamism in the game with the various systems.

Gees what are you doing with the dlc? I know it's only 3 tracks and cars but you really should. They're among the best tracks in sim racing no matter the sim, and 3 of the best cars. Race at 8am and you will never play another sim any time soon. I put elsewhere a GT3 Porsche setup may be check my history if you do not buy. I hope you do though. The renditions of the tracks and cars at least in how they drive for a computer game is a cut above anything out there. By this we all know as we all play it, but it's so drivable and replayable now... And the dlc tracks more so

12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is for sure the case.. So many of the data collected from those stations may be completely off or have a different timing compared to what happened historically on the track.. That is inevitable I guess...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

This is all really cool. Thanks for the write-up. I wish I lived near hock. I actually grew up listening to lake side Australian V8 super car races in the 90s from our property maybe 5 or ten Kms away we would hear the noise/loudspeaker when they were a part of that car race series, but each week/very often we would hear the drone so they were not always the ones on TV. They actually don't race there any more. But people take motorbike and day drive cars.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah sorry mate, I hadn't read through the entire thread!

• Like Like x 1
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@ Reiza:
    Is it possible to get a wind direction indicator?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Couple of notes on the latest pages:

Please no discussion about RD and conspiracies of bias against AMS2 as I can assure it is not the case. Direct your feedback there if you have any.

With regards to Real Weather, there are limitations to the system as clearly explained in the opening post, and although some of these will be improved on over time, you’ll never get things localized showers or fog with absolute accurate placement and timing with the technology as it is today.

Our ethos is that even imperfect things can be of great value, but that having something of great value shouldn’t stop one from trying to make it better - that’s something that has permeated AMS2 development so far and will continue to moving forward, with Real Weather and everything else :)

• Like x 26
    • Winner x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, as always, Reiza team is doing the best and makes everything better and better.
    Sometimes it goes one step back but then 2 or more steps forward!:)
    KEEP ON, REIZA!

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed... I mean, complaining about real weather would make sense if it is snowing irl but in game it gives you a sunny day. Overcast and fog are different yes, but by no means absurd and/or game breaking.

Now, into the real issues here: will hosting features such as repositioning the grid, restarting the session and etc be part of any sprint in the coming schedule?

Please say yes :-D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Just tried to run the Ginetta G40 GT5 around Long Beach.
    Weather was nice and sunny, (Track 34°C).
    Is this car supposed to be so unstable? I adjusted the standard setup quite a bit (gave it toe in on both front and rear, increased gear differential (especially the coast), made the front a bit stiffer etc) but the rear just does not like be be behind the front. Especially during braking the car just spins, often even in a straight line. but when there is a small bend in the track it is just near impossible it seems.

Does someone have a tip, or maybe an insight whether this car needs a bit more stability love?

Thanks

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tweak your dampening. :cool: