1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the idea of real weather but I think it is busted ATM. I have done around 10 sessions since the update and out of the ten it rained in nine and rain was only forecast for one of those sessions when I looked up WU. Example, tonight a race at long beach dated 6/6/21 and in the race it started raining about 5 minutes from the end, prior to the rain it was 34 degrees C. On WU there was no chance of rain and a forecast maximum of 19C for the day. I have had similar issues in all but one session so far.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni:
    This doesn't work.
    At Laguna Seca, I crossed S/F-line at 0:40s and spotter said 'last lap' and it was last lap indeed.
    The 30min race finished after 30min and 21sec, so there wasn't an additional lap after time was elapsed. Then it had to be something about > 31min LS-finish.jpg

3. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I'm still having an hard time understanding how it works.
    At first I thought the Real Weather would show the current weather as predicted on OpenWeather if "future hours" of the current day are selected: e.g. it's 18:13 so if I select real weather and start the race at 20:00 it will still show the weather as of 18:13. And I thought it would show the weather of the past hours, so if at 13:00 it was raining I was expecting rain if I started the race at 13:00
    But it keeps showing the current weather.
    So I thought that the system can show weather as "historic" when a day has passed, so I went back of a day but the weather is still the current weather.
    Perhaps I have to go back of another couple of days to have a "recored historic weather"? It's a shame Renato isn't replying, I'm really curious to know how it works to get the best out it. I'm having a blast so far

The game seems to show correctly what Open Weather says as current weather tho

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GogglesPaesano

GogglesPaesano Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m having an issue with weather in Custom Championship. I set the series up to have Random weather at each track, but it keeps reverting to Clear when the event starts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I assume it is a bug now that in the second hotfix you can no longer refuel in a timed race?
    Also wondering how live track works if you set a session with heavy rubbering and the track is wet when the session starts, does this make the rubbered line slippery? If not what happens?

7. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Thanks for the tip, definitely made the car a bit more stable (first few tests al the way up to the extreme settings) but still quite tail-happy, especially at low speed corners.
    I did also notice that the car really does not like to use it rear breaks. Brake ballance at the moment is like 68-32, and when I lock up a tire, it is always a front one.

Thing is, I always change the setup of the car, and I'm always able to dial in the stability of the car to my liking. With this car I just seem to be unable to get a stable ride. Even when driving in a straight line, the car feels like it wants to weave about.
    When I compare it to RL onboard (Oulton Park, so different track and thus hard to compare, I know), those cars just seem much more stable.

It still could be my setup, but it feels funny. So, if you have more tips :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

The only question we all have to ask ourselves is whether a palm tree can be seen through the fog

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. sk8

sk8 Member

The M4 at Long Beach is so damn good!!! WOW!

10. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Bonjour, suis-je le seul à trouver les GTE beaucoup plus faciles après le dernier patch. La Chevrolet est toujours amusante mais la Porsche est devenue trop facile je trouve et pour la BMW je m'ennuie tellement c'est tellement facile. Le DPI semble également avoir été rendu plus facile, mais c'est quand même amusant. J'ai tellement aimé la physique hier. Désolé de me le dire après un si gros travail de votre part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rubinhofan

Rubinhofan New Member

Thank you Reiza for this massive update and USA dlc part 1!!! :hurrayreiza:
    Will each of part 2 & 3 also consist of 3 cars and 3 tracks?
    I think Indycar DW12 and Indianapolis will be a safe bet as well as Nascar cup car?!:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ed B

Ed B New Member

I don't usually post on sim forums, but have posted a couple here. I am not saying that there is not some great work overall in the update, and I really want AMS 2 to succeed, but once again, other things outside of the new content has shifted for the worse....I will keep it brief - Reiza for an example please review asap the 'P' class. The P2 sigma before the update was imho one of the best cars out there across all the major sims, the P1 (Chevy) was not far behind, P3s also good. They are not now the same...?? The P2 has lost its great feel and seems to have a load more understeer - you can literally ramp the wheel round to almost any angle when understeer sets in at relatively low speeds...with little or no noticeable effect. I run a group of close to 300 people and had announced AMS 2 coming in slowly alongisde our focused rF2 and ACC race events, now I am not so sure. Handing over money should never result in your favourite content in a sim going backwards. Please take this as constructive feedback....I and I am sure others also who run groups want to push some differentiated content in AMS 2, so please protect your best stuff when you next update.

13. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean this horrible car? Since day dot I can't control it....

14. Manohy

Manohy Member

@Renato Simioni
    So as you've asked to post feedback here I've found few problems
    - The BMW GTE side mirrors have weird texture flashing, it very disturbing during races
    -The Long Beach AI cars struggle with the T1 and T2 during the 1st lap if the AI level is under 92 it's worse. Low speed racers or people liking starting as last car on the grid may not find it very fun...AI may need more work for this track to be enjoyable.

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alwin Papegaaij

That looks very familiar yes.
    Got it tuned until I got it stable(ish) for about 90% of the corners, but that still leaves at least one corner per lap where it tries to slaughter me

16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Ive had a crash to desktop in identical and specific circumstances. Ive filed in Bug Reports but thought Id share it here to see if anyone can replicate, or if anyone has experienced the same.

Race conditions, Custom Championship, 15 opponents. Same type.
    Formula Trainer (Basic).
    Brands Hatch Indy.
    Real Weather- showers.
    When changing from wet to dry tyres (only, no fuel or repairs), crash to desktop occurs. Does not occur when changing from dry to wet tyre.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone can replicate?

17. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

May I ask if you calculated your FOV or are you using the defaul FOV?

18. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like all we need is love... GTEs and American tracks :p!
    I've never seen such high numbers for this game. I really hope they stay this high in the days to come.

Attached Files:

19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes I’ve noticed this also .

20. Alwin Papegaaij

I use FOV of 51°
    34inch curved 16*9 screen at 56 cm
    If I recall correctly

I do use Track hat (sort of TrackIR)