Automobilista - How the FFB works and what is new about it

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

In case you use Pure Ffb in game options, there is nothing in controller.ini that will change output ffb. Everything you have in game menu already.
    In case you opt for Pure + Effects (not recommended, alot of fake effects there) alot of stuff there is to tweak, probably in neverending process.

2. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I answered it - your profile controller.ini auto saves your settings and the custom preset can be loaded and saved manually (then it takes control)?

3. Domagoj Lovric

Sorry my error on overlooking what the real question was.

You are right, what you change is autosaved, but also you can save profile manually and load it in case it's needed.

4. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I typed in the search function for low ffb setting and it brought me here. Happy days! so with my T300, I have feedback about 80 and I need to understand the low setting. If I move it left, it goes higher and right it goes lower. What exactly I'm I looking for here please? Cheers

5. Domagoj Lovric

6. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I the only one who thinks the FFB road noise is a bit much? I appreciate that it feels more lively, but after a while it becomes a bit annoying to have a basically constant slight shaking in the wheel and also makes me genuinely worried how it might affect the longevity of my wheel.

For the record I'm using a CSW V2, I'm not clipping and I'm using Pure 180Hz.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

"Road noise" is perfect on my CSW at FFB of -100% and Low setting of 6%. Why would you not use Pure 360Hz setting? A CSW v2 certainly should use the "best" setting and if you are worried about wearing out your wheel, then just about everyone else should give up. The v2 should be almost indestructible given how it is built.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It should be possible to tweak the Real Feel settings to reduce or soften the detail, or you can dial in a bit of dampening in the wheel settings.

I'm using an OSW and have the filtering all the way down in the wheel settings for AMS with no harshness in the road detail and this is a wheel that requires quite a lot of filtering with Assetto Corsa and other titles.

9. Dirk

I'm not using 360Hz because it creates framerate problems for me. I took the advice from the OP to try 180Hz and that did indeed get rid of it.

Mabye I'll try adding a touch of dampening or reducing the low force boost, I'm using the minimum recommended setting of 20%. The worries about my wheel might be unnecessary, but I still don't like quite so much road noise, it's a pretty constant vibration that feels more like a canned effect than something that relates to the road I can see in front of me. It's less pronounced with a heavier rim, but I mostly use the Formula rim and that's very light and direct.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

When using this do you get any text onscreen to show adjustments ?
    When i press these buttons nothing seems to change
    Can you please help me to figure this out ?

11. Tassydevil

Tassydevil Member AMS2 Club Member

@2ndLastJedi
    Go into your RealFeelPlugin.ini file and change the highlighted line.
    If you listen as you drive you will hear the alteration to the file being done, it is saved auto.
    [General]
    RealFeelIsOn=True
    ConsoleEnabled=False
    ConsoleRepeatDelay=0.100000
    SpeechEnabled=True

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dirk

Also make sure NUM LOCK is on, I never really use the number block so it took me a while to notice :)

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Well either of the Pure settings should make sure there are no canned effects happening. Some people with CSW v2's also have issues with rF2. It's like some forces are magnified, while the main feedback is OK. Going off road is a good example, where the feedback would be ridiculously strong. So you really need to find others with v2's because even the CSW v1 that I have is basically a completely different wheel in terms of how it reacts to the settings. And the CSW is completely different to a Logitech, etc.

14. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can't turn off the tdf file "effects" and these are in a sense "canned". I get the same issue with my humble G25.

15. 2ndLastJedi

Mate , you are a Champ .Thanks heaps .
    Now to just figure out what it does , probably nothing because i use "pure 360" but now i know it is there and it does have effects .
    Probably the best thing i learnt tonight was to turn the Sparse grid Supersampling on in the nVidia inspector , wow didn't that help ,even at 4k the shimmering is pretty awful even with the control panel maxed but putting that setting to x2 made a huge difference .
    That and finding out about changing the control.ini to remove the rather large dead spot in the middle of my wheel .Turns out setting it to 0.000 seems the best for me and no oscillation .
    Now just got to figure out how to turn the spotter off in the beta version , even lessen the amount he says would be good.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  16. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can help you on that part: go to settings > audio: options for the spotter have been added on the right column (spotter on or off, 3 levels of infos, subtitles on or off)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tassydevil

It alters the -Max Force At Steering Rack-
    Just remember that lower number below means heavier FFB.
    Heavier FFB in example is -2400.00000
    Below is for the Stock Car, each car has its separate entry.
    [Stock]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
    SteeringDamper=11500.000000
    FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
    FrontGripEffect=0.000000
    SmoothingLevel=2
    Kf=6000.000000
    Ks=5.000000
    A=1.000000
    Kr=7.000000

Look through this post and you will find more info.

18. Tassydevil

I use xpadder to map the keys for realfeel, if you set it up correctly you can adjust the FFB (plus or minus) on the fly.
    Go to post #61 in this thread.

btw I also use Pure360 and it does make a difference.

19. 2ndLastJedi

All right then you Guys ,since you knew how to help previously, do to know how to turn on the on screen data ? ie.Brake balance and traction control information and so on . This is for the beta version .
    In the public version all this stuff is enabled from default so when adjustments are made it shows on screen but in the beta if i adjust the roll bars or brake balance there is no way of knowing what it is set too.
    Hope you know how .
    Cheers.

20. Tassydevil

You have to map keys for each one of those as well as other information. Suggest you look at the items in the control area to find those, although you would have had to do that in the retail version.