1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Its probably the subtle stuff- rattles and other audio stuff, visual distortion/effects etc. Stuff that you dont really miss if you havent experienced it but if you have then it makes the sensation/experience a bit abstracted/sanitised and so less immersive/impressive. Hopefully thatll be in the crosshairs at some point. In terms of tradeoff between spending a couple of days setting up something to how you like it, convenience etc against those 'little' details its head and shoulders above the obvious comparisons out there.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

No comment on your recent post, just to long for me to read on the go on my phone but.... have you ever written a book :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i watched the bcrcgaming stream yesterday, he talked about the superv8 about at the end of his stream: https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1050813593
    I added a pic where you can see the camber is weird at the front wheel.

Attached Files:

4. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

haha I don't expect you to read it. its ok.

I would basically say that given AC shoves their game by now into every nook and cranny, the amount of people who purchased it at full price may only be 100-300k. not sure.

The difference between it and AMS2 1.2 is not that great truth be told. And the desirability to play it, probably similar. Its just other factors which get in the way. :)

5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Honestly one of the only departments that AMS2 needs to improve on a bit is the audio aspect: while ACC has its flaws in things like optimisation (my pc is good enough to run 60FPS at more than medium, come on Kunos :( ), its sound design is second to none and if AMS2 can rival that then it can help make it even more immersive

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

man that M8 GTE is f@#ken beast! Drives great, interior looks the business and the sound is phenomenal..

who ever is doing the engine gearbox sounds on all these new cars is doing a great job.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree the cockpit engine sounds in ACC are very good, even if there is a bit too much reverb for my tastes. Some cars like the BMW M4 and Ginetta G55 in AMS2 really deserve a re-recording of the engine note to make it have more dynamic range instead of just a monotone whine.

The main thing I love about v1.2 though is the road/kerb noise that really elevates the driving experience. Being able to hear when the car is on the limit of grip is something that really makes the experience unique from any other sim I've tried, and the "thwomp" of the kerbs is very satisfying (even if I liked the old helicopter kerb noises). Unfortunately, these sounds do not work properly on all the older cars. Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Raceracerace

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  9. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

The BMW M4 GT4 in AMS2 sounds exactly like the real world M4 GT4. ACC got it wrong :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. azaris

The mic in that onboard is very bad, compare to:

11. Manohy

Manohy Member

I tr
    I tried to read but I didn't understand what he means. Not even a single phrase may be because I have a poor English level.

12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Sounds the same to me. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Raceracerace

Don't worry mate. You're probably smarter than you think with English. Most forum posts ever are mere naval gazing by everyone ever, anyway. Including that one and the quote.

A different thing is I am now running 100 FOV. I was on 70 FOV for some time but 1.2 means it can be done at 100 much more believably. Most vr seems to be at 100 FOV too.

Years ago people used to adjust down the simulation FOV to 44 or something smaller in order to 'hit the curbs' or some crap but now its the other way.

What this means is that the simulation is actually better and the movement of the car is better received by your brain since the brain can see more movement information and car trajectory. Velocity is much better received.

Most posts are also self evident. So if you don't understand it, you probably already realize it/whats in the post anyway.

If people do change their FOV, 91 is also good ur mileage may vary. I map the controls also to "[" and "]" on the keyboard but 100 was making me blind. I drive in the rain on the 24 hour Nürburgring with the gte Porsche and gt3/cup ones, or merc gt3 at 5pm mid winter so yeah track starts dry/damp and soon turns into soaked as night falls... and at laguna seca mid summer 9am in the morning as the sun comes up in the dry weather, driving the f1 reiza. game is great!

- at nord it just is real time weather and progression (set to rain) and at laguna with the sun rising I prefer for example a 30 min practice and 20x <-> 60x time progression from sunny to cloudy or a combination which is non-rain or haze, out of 3 slots. This gives the sunlight -breathing or adjusting effect in game and allows the volumetrics and sun positioning to really be a thing along with the progression of everything else.

Other things like bugs exist, yes, but others will pick them up; I am too engrossed in it just now. Very replayable.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the TC & ABS value going to be correctly displayed on the LCD for GTE & GT3 etc...?

* GTE does not have ABS

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Both those videos make the car look a lot more stable than what i experience in AMS2 :confused: the sound though is pretty darn right ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. 2ndLastJedi

• Like Like x 1
  17. Raceracerace

Oh. I do remember doing that stuff. 91 could be a phase. I used to like 63 or even 44 iirc made me even better. Guess I am a sucker for the graphics.

But now that I try the f1 reiza I actually and contrary to in AC or with the gt3s in this like the FOV back at 70 or lower for the f1's. Its much better [how it was at 70 and lower]. So I could cycle to helmet edit: and do opposite of what I said, if cockpit at 70 which is kinda really good and default for me, helmet is at 61 with depth of field.

18. 2ndLastJedi

Well if you include my 3 screens its actually 170 hFOV but seeing AMS2 doesn't work like that its 170/3 = 56. I could bring my screens a bit closer and get closer to 180 but i'm happy at 170 (or 56 in AMS2)

19. azaris

I think they modelled an M4 drift car by accident. :D

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Both parts 2 and 3 should be a similar size to pack 1, so I would look for a similar number of circuits in each. The oval one will obviously need some bespoke tracks. I'm hoping the single-seater pack has some historic versions too, but we'll see.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1