1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Manohy

Manohy Member

This 1.2 update showed that 5000 users may just let pass a lot of bugs...It's like it haven't been tested at all. 1.2 is now like an early access version. All we have seen was lot of people praising the new version before release via forums and Youtube.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can't really know what discussions go on in the beta forums. The update was in beta for more than a week. I would guess many of the physics bugs, CTDs, incomplete features and such that we are discussing here also came up there (plus many others that got fixed) but Reiza have limited resources to fix everything and they were working to an already delayed deadline.

CTDs and bug splats are unfortunate and hopefully get fixed soon, but if some temporary instability is the price to pay for an overarching physics, content and feature update, I am perfectly happy to tolerate it for a while rather than remain in the valley of small and inconsequential updates. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Just remember that on forums like this and any forums, look at football manager perhaps there is another technical forum where the match engine has "1 billion problems" each and every year for years and years but no one else other then those guys sees those problems as they do; sure they exist the most blatant of them but not to the microscope level 9 times out of 10. Well they are always more critical of the game and their passion than 99% of other people out there. Its probably the same here.

4. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Opening up the beta won't solve anything as the finding of the bugs is not the problem. They are there for all to see and now the game is crashing all the time the bugs are impossible to miss. The issue is the speed of which the bugs are addressed and sorted out. Now some are still there from months ago and then we also get new ones from the ongoing development. At some point Reiza will have to try and get on top of them.

The game crashing all the time imo is a pretty big bug. I hate my computer hard crashing... really hate it.

At the mo though I have a pot on my right foot as I have had an op so i am unable to play so it doesn't affect my PC. But if I could play I most likely wouldn't until the hard crashes are fixed.

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahhh. I hate it as well. Want my PC/OS in tiptop-condition. Any crashes/freezes or whatever I get or see in Event Viewer.. My eye start to twitch and I've to solve it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Diho Hofman

Diho Hofman New Member

Sorry guys im here again but why can whe not refuel, and can
    not, ad fuel in custom championship. thx in advance.

7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Soooo.... Very little info there.
    Anyone in the know about this?
    A search just yields the video a this point.
    I'ma go back to the racing now, bye!:D
    Edit: So this is somebody's private project... It's wait and see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pales

Pales Member

I have absolutely no idea how it is done but I do recall seeing mods like this on Project Cars 2. Either way, they should definitely open up the game to modding. Just look at rFactor 2 as a result.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

modding is nice for pure single player use. My experience with modding im Sims in the last 20 Years was: "Modding, the wide open gate to cheating!"

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The AI really are racy to a fault, this is what I was missing previously.
    Now just to be clear; I can do clean racing with them, this was more of a test to see if they can be unsettled a bit.
    Their performance is fantastic of late, but varies quite a bit in the wet...
    To anyone who hasn't given the M4 a go yet, DO IT!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Tried 5 times to start a GT3 race weekend (practice + race) on the Nurburgring 24H layout, with Real Weather enabled, and all five times the game crashed to desktop during the loading :(

Then I tried it using custom weather just to be sure this wasn't the cause, but it still crashed to desktop. Will post this on the proper bug thread but I'm just curious if this kind of desktop crashes are happening under the same circunstances for everyone.

12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tracks crashing when loading is almost always fixed by verifying files on Steam.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. David Peres

That worked :)
    I always forget the file integrity thing on steam... thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. David Peres

Sorry for the double post, but on a different type of crash from my previous post, since the last update I've had the game crash at start up twice now, once yesterday and another one right now (10 minutes after doing the file verification on steam).

Before yesterday I've never had start-up crashes on AMS2.

15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

It would be interesting to know if those CTD's are related to certain hardware configuration. If you do a bug report I would include the hardware you are using (mainly video card). It seems that some people have the crashes a lot while others don't have them at all. Personally I only experience the TT restart bug but not the CTD.

16. Pales

Pales Member

Check your event viewer logs under application.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Raceracerace

I know bugs exist in ams2. Try running a complex and intricate Skyrim SE install using mod organiser 2 where you need to specifically arrange things, hide files, alter mods and rearrange files, and also fallout 4 with horizon and sim settlements. I am used to bugs any way and solving them. Then SSE edit, creation kit, forms and configuration there, dyndolod and the various graphical corrections and generations, wryebash, texgen, papyrus, script cleaners, DLL files and loaders and reconfiguring the game in general and the ENB and digging deep into configuring those settings including photography layers for both etc etc.

So no. Reiza is far ahead of Bethesda there

I know that they exist but I am so transfixed onto this title since 1.2 and in combination with my custom wheel file I uploaded. It's like not only having a new wheel but a new game too

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Raceracerace

He mentions this a bit. Everyone can open and look at computer management in Windows you will discover a lot. There's also a detailed performance monitor that's not the task manager

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

With regards to instability issues, I´d like to point out that sometimes issues are inconsistent, system or hardware specific or even restricted to certain builds of the game - a development build is not quite the same as the Beta which in turn is not the same as the one in the public release. Many times people will report issues that we just cannot reproduce internally, whether because they are something system specific or just inconsistent. This is frustrating for all involved, but to some degree it comes with the territory of PC gaming.

With that said we have noticed the increase of instability reports, whether freezes or CTDs since the release of V1.2 - we´re both reviewing changes from the latest updates to try spot likely culprits and in the latest Beta build we have included some additional debugging info to try help us track these latest and also some oldies. Rest assured there is no lack of effort from us or from testers to addressing all issues to the degree that we are able.

In the meantime and generally moving forward, these are always good steps to take if you notice the game is not running as well following an update:

1- Verify the integrity of game files via Steam to ensure your installation doesn´t have any faulty or corrupted files

2- While you should not need to regularly delete your Documents\Automobilista 2 folder to start a fresh profile every month, some users have reported that starting fresh helped them solve a few issues, specially handling / controller related ones

3- If you experience freezes, CTDs or stutters, double check the applications you have running in the background via Task Manager, close the ones that aren´t essential to see if they might be interfering with the game functionality

4- If you experience crashes running with shadows on Ultra since V1.2 release, try switching it down to High - High is the equivalent of pre V1.2 Ultra, with the latest update bringing some

5- If you own a G923 and are experiencing issues with game freezing on startup, this topic features some good recommendations

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
  20. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I just deleted the documents folder and now I have that strange ffb pulling to the sides effect while driving down the straights in the Formula V10 at Imola. It seems that the cornering induces it, but the effect doesnt die when it should. Thankfully I made a backup of the old folder.